It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life. The Illusion of Death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Life or should I say aliveness is equivalent to awareness. I really wish quantum physicists would hurry up and finally prove to the non-believers and skeptics that consciousness is at the root of everything. This would make things a lot easier and verify what I'm saying now. But for those of you who believe, this if for you.

When you "die", you become alive, and when you are born, you become "as dead". This is because when not limited by the self-awareness of physicality, consciousness is expressed to you in its unbounded form. Consciousness can be seen as awareness or aliveness, they are all the same.

The reason we are "as dead" is because half our lives, we go about our activities operating from the subconscious or uncoscious part of our mind. If you are able to maintain conscious awareness in every moment, you will begin to feel pure unbounded consciousness, and with that feeling, an inner knowing arises that lets you know that it is unbounded and you will feel alive for ONCE in your "life".

To reiterate how death is an illusion, how could you believe there is death if when you die, you feel more alive than you ever have? Again, this is because your conscious awareness of everything is unbounded by your physical brain.

edit on 7-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: ititiejengnbioalweiughalihSTFU!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

But without a physical brain, there is no consciousness.No thoughts,no awareness, the "Great Nothing"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

But without a physical brain, there is no consciousness.No thoughts,no awareness, the "Great Nothing"

Not true. There is no longer "your" thoughts, or "your" "self"awareness, but thoughts and awareness live on, and you inhabit awareness itself without the brain.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Not true. There is no longer "your" thoughts, or "your" "self"awareness, but thoughts and awareness live on, and you inhabit awareness itself without the brain.

Perhaps your right, but I disagree.I just dont see how thats possible. As when I was a newborn,I have no recollection of events,space,time,etc., before a certain age.Until you begin to develop consciousness on this "plain of existence". Therefor I see the "end time" as the same. We are who and what we are in "this realm", no sight,sound,touch,taste,smell,,,,no consciousness,no awareness,,as we know it

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Actually we're already dead...we just don't know it yet.
While most people say death is a part of life...I prefer to say that life is a part of death. Death being the constant.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Perhaps this is because when you are born, your physical brain takes over. By nature, the physical brain's design prevents unbounded awareness. Maybe if you tapped into unbounded awareness, you would be able to recall past and future lives. In fact, some people do. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
While most people say death is a part of life...I prefer to say that life is a part of death. Death being the constant.

This is the variable viewpoint of so-called "negative" and "positive" perceptional awareness. Demons and Angels are masters of one or the other. yours or mine. Actually, both are probably right. I would describe God as the nothing that is something and the something that is nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

They are as one. But time is such a strange phenomena, its as though life in itself is nothing more than an illusion.With each second that passes,you are left with but a memory.It doesnt feel real to me IMHO(disclaimer

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I dont doubt that one bit, while alive. What I do question is the ability to "link" with this physical existence after you no longer physically exist

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Interesting you should say that.

I was watching the news the other day, It was about this E-coli outbreak and they were explaining the symptoms, which include a coma.

That got me thinking about the consciousness when in a coma, I guess its like a really heavy dream. But your consciousness is still there right up to the point where you die and your consciousness leaves your brain or "vessel".

And that then got me thinking about how your consciousness is contained in your brain or "vessel".

And on the quantum level i can imagine a space within space (if that makes sense) that is maintained buy the brains electrical signals,

Example, Say for instance your on your death bed, Your literally dying and you can "see" the infamous light as the world around you fades away, I imagine it like this, As the body dies it stops pumping blood to the brain, when that happens the brain cannot maintain the space that the consciousness exists within the brain. Seconds go buy and eventually the brain is cold without blood, and the electric field once occupied buy the brain fades away.

As the electric field shrinks to a singularity your consciousness not being made of actual matter crosses over into the next dimension.

If you dont agree with me, please can you tell me why when someone dies and you dissect their brain, why can you NOT see the memories, emotions, thoughts or fears?

Because the brain being an actual physical object that distorts space at a quantum level.

Phew hope that all makes sense

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

A star for you, I stand behind your view, sadly religious believes like Christianity thrive of selling salvation and for that you have to die so death is for sell, rather than help enlightening people about the possibility that life is death and death is just been reborn into an understanding of self.

Good luck with your thread,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That is just the physical body limitations, even the bible exploits the meaning of a soul, as been without body, so if the bible even touch that part of consciousness is because even then ancient people knew about a life after a physical body.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That is just the physical body limitations, even the bible exploits the meaning of a soul, as been without body, so if the bible even touch that part of consciousness is because even then ancient people knew about a life after a physical body.

I believe in a "soul", I just do not believe it can interact with physical existence or is self contained posthumously

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Speaking personally, I do believe in reincarnation, but I don't see it as something splendid either. I do think that all the matter in our univerise, including us is tied to a lot more than what meets the eye or what science can determine at this point so to speak...
I see death as a relief from life. I know it may sound morbid, but when you give it some thought and you see life for what it really is, an entity that feeds upon itself in order to endure..it's not exactly my idea of anything marvelous or benevlolent. Death is our miracle.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Seabas1123

Makes all the sense in the world to me. Thats my take on it,,,I once heard a quote "Sleep is but small slices of death" I do believe in a "soul" or your "essence" does exist once your dead,,as energy is never born and never dies,,only transfers. I just dont think without the brain to contain space and time,,,,you are one again "As One" with the Universe

PS Nice thread

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Nothing morbid about that, its actually is quite beautiful,,,in a way

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I believe in reincarnation too, is nothing morbid about thinking of life after death, in my case I no only see us going back to the source that gave us life to begin with, but also I see it as what we truly are without a physical body, a pure essence, we are just as free as we can be. So death for me means freedom of the soul and our potentials as just beings.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Good thread. While taking a long walk this morning I was thinking about this whole idea of consciousness. Of course there is no empirical evidence for such a thing, it would be like proven God exists, but it only makes sense in my mind. It seems that consciousness is like a universal energy, pervading all of space, time and form. Our brains are merely a mechanical tool that this consciousness filters through to create thought (movement), like the energy that filters through your computer. When thought arises in a physical being with a brain, such as ourselves, it becomes self-aware as a 'thinker' of thought and/or a 'doer' of action. It is like a cyclical manifestation of the immaterial (consciousness) into the material (brain) into the immaterial (thought) into the material (action).

Anyways just some thoughts, thanks for the thread.

Peace friend.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I dont doubt that one bit, while alive. What I do question is the ability to "link" with this physical existence after you no longer physically exist

Pure awareness = pure aliveness. Being alive, you have free will. You can choose to focus your awareness into a smaller point.

new topics

top topics

join