It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

120 Syrian soldiers killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
120 Syrian soldiers killed by armed civilians

Armed men killed 120 Syrian security forces and torched government buildings Monday in a northern region where troops have unleashed deadly assaults on protesters for days, Syria said. The government vowed to respond "decisively," hinting at an even more brutal crackdown by a regime known for ruthlessly crushing dissent. If confirmed, the attack in the north would be a turning point in what so far has largely been a peaceful uprising threatening the 40-year rule of President Bashar Assad and his family.

Full article in the above link.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
120 seem to be somewhat of an overestimation. Some sources also claim these casualties are a result of inter-security fighting that occurred between sections of the police/army that follow orders and other sects that refused to follow orders. Apperantly, by these sources, a full scale fighting took place and ended up with 120 soldiers dead.

Nothing solid is known for sure due to all the information coming out of Syrian state TV. I know you guys hate FOX news and consider it the devil but Syrian state TV is alot less credible.

Syrian government going down the drain? Zionist plot? What is your opinion about this?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is another article from BBC explaining different versions of different people that were involved or in that area at the time:
BBC: 120 Dead Syrian soldiers

Abu Nader, a resident of Jisr al-Shughour, denied the government reports: "We don't have any kind of weapons. The soldiers were coming our way, then they were shot in the back by some Syrian security elements. All of the dead were shot in the back or in the back of their heads," he told BBC Arabic.

Another resident told the Reuters agency that the security forces were in fact killed by gunmen from Jisr al-Shughour: "Some people in some areas have taken up arms. The situation is grave, what is happening is an armed rebellion. I oppose violence from whatever side it comes from."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't trust a thing that comes from the Syrian government. Or Fox for that matter. Still, thankyou for posting, very interesting.... intreesting times we live in for sure.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry my friend. You should have somehow included how Israel is involved in this.
Arabs killing Arabs has never been a favorite topic in this particular forum.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wow, not saying this article is true or not
but I have a hard time believing 120
military personnel died from
just unarmed protestors.
There has to be a mutiny in
progress.

I also wonder if that video that went viral
of those security forces murdering those
guys on the roof had any impact on this
situation?

I smell Martial Law coming.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

How much of an over estimation can it be when the only practice the Syrian army has had lately is fighting those who don't shoot back?

I say good on the mysterious armed men. Keep shooting straight.
edit on 7-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Sorry my friend. You should have somehow included how Israel is involved in this.
Arabs killing Arabs has never been a favorite topic in this particular forum.

Haha, how true. While the poo is really hitting the fan in those forsaken countries, some people still choose to cling to any minor news regarding Israel and how evil that country is.

Originally posted by projectvxn

How much of an over estimation can it be when the only practice fighting the Syrian army has had lately is fighting those who don't shoot back?

Well yeah, Syrian army is rubbish, but still this is coming out of Syrian government officials and they aren't very trustworthy.

One reason I can come up with for this being an over estimation is that this is another excuse to tighten the crackdown on the civilians.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I just get so damned pissed when i see governments using their military power against their own people. I made a comment in another thread about the Syrian army going up against a real professional military..It would serve them right to be annihilated.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Syrian army is not rubbish, it got old equipment but training is adequate. Spirit however is a problem if the army is indeed ordered to attack civilian population and then some kind of unit vs unit fighting is possible.
Though 120 soldiers killed... Battle should take some time, and air force is in full control of Syrian officials so i do not understand how it could have happened. You cannot shoot 120 armed man in the back simultaneously. Very very strange. And if it happened indeed, there will be even bigger bloodshed now since Assad will have to respond strongly in order to not appear weak ruler. Middle East thingy.
I do not like Assad, i have no soft feelings for Syria as a country, but if something like Lybian civil war will start there, be sure Israel will also be a target. For ruling regime it is easy to gain support as fighter against Zionists, the same for rebels. And add all the fundamentalists who will get access to chemical/biological weapons and delivery systems Syrian army has..... Assad seems like a lesser evil , at least to me from Israel.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wow, not saying this article is true or not
but I have a hard time believing 120
military personnel died from
just unarmed protestors.
There has to be a mutiny in
progress.

I also wonder if that video that went viral
of those security forces murdering those
guys on the roof had any impact on this
situation?

I smell Martial Law coming.

that roof top body vid was fake/staged we got to assume the info here is skewed as well

We are however gearing up for WW3 Syria is Russia's largest navel base abroad. Funny RT is so quiet about it guess they all have their agenda's.

new topics

top topics

join