It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vast Majority Are Against Afghanistan War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I came across a poll in Oz about the Afghanistan war.

au.news.yahoo.com...

At the time I voted

9669 Voters

Yes - 2768 - 29%
No - 6901 - 71%

Clearly the vast majority are against this travesty they call the war on terror & all the nonsense it entails.

When will government actually listen to the people & stop the stupidity of war for greed..

This is a poll for 06/06/11. How long it will be up I do not know.

PS I do not blame the soldiers, airmen etc. I blame the governments & TPTB.
edit on 7-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

You'll come back O yeah you will come back once kwala's and kangeroos start exploding and the talaban straps bombs to Muslim crocodiles hell bent on eating Christan babies then suicide bombing the animal control people

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

When will government actually listen to the people & stop the stupidity of war for greed..

Answer, NEVER, as long as there is money to be made from war, destruction and the death that it brings, well....................... our governments will never listen to its people or stop its stupidity.
This is the sad and simple truth.

edit on 7-6-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

You'll come back O yeah you will come back once kwala's and kangeroos start exploding and the talaban straps bombs to Muslim crocodiles hell bent on eating Christan babies then suicide bombing the animal control people

Are you dellusional.

Keep you genocide for greed to yourself, we the people of Oz don't want it. The clowns in government are just grovellers to the clowns of the US government.

By the way it is koala not kwala & kangaroo not kangeroo.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Very sad in indeed. How pathetitic human nature can be.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

When the people become a corporation with more money to throw at them than walmart/GE/military industrial complex.

start saving guys.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Are you dellusional.

Keep you genocide for greed to yourself, we the people of Oz don't want it. The clowns in government are just grovellers to the clowns of the US government.

Yes I'm delusional that's why i understand I'm delusional
what kind of question is that? Do you think crazy people understand they are crazy and that their thoughts not even close to rational? So from your deduction do you think i was making a joke? Or that i really believe in Muslim crocodiles pulling a jehad on animal control people
sorry for the misspellings i was up all night.
edit on 7-6-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The vast majority are against ALL of the current proxy wars the US is involved in.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Fair enough you were joking.

Also it is jihad not jehad.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Are you dellusional.

By the way it is delusional not dellusional.

Twice you have checked someone on their spelling. Maybe you should concentrate on just keeping yourself in check.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by meathed

Very sad in indeed. How pathetitic human nature can be.

Gday Mate.
Even though we send the children off to fight and die in wars, well,,,,,,,,,,, I dont think we have seen just how pathetic humans can be yet.( And that IS scary.)
Our governments will always chase the money even if that means fighting unjust wars and sending the young one's off to fight and die for us.
Every life matters to me, but,,,,,,,,,, apparently money matters more to our Aussie government.
Money matters more to ALL governments, more then a life does.
But As long as propaganda is feed through the MSM that these wars are the right and just, well,,,,,,, we will see more children die for our mistakes.
This war is wrong and so our are a reasons for fighting it.

Peace mate

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by acrux

We will eat all of the terrorist kangaroo's, crocodile's that we can, just to stop this said invasion. ( Hang on we already do
) And do some research, the Dingo's eat all the babies in OZ not crocodiles.

Ps. Koala's will only attack rude foreigners, we call Koala's drop bears around here, why you may ask??????
Well because the little buggers drop out the bloody tree's just to bite you all.

And after your comments, well,,,,,,,,,,, i dont blame those koala's

edit on 7-6-2011 by meathed because: A BLOODY KOALA JUST BIT ME

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Update

10703 votes

Yes - 29% - 3108
No - 71% - 7595

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
In the UK the govt say we are there to build schools, so that the girls can go to school. At the same time we are closing schools here for lack of money.
What a joke....
Opium wars, lots of money to be made in the Afghan. Bin ladin was bushs man on the spot, swopping weapons for opium. Bin ladin should have gotten a medal for his work in bringing down the russian empire ....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

[Yes - 2768 - 29%
No - 6901 - 71%

Clearly the vast majority are against this travesty they call the war on terror & all the nonsense it entails.

From a Yank perspective, the reasons there are probably the same as the reasons here, except that your gov problably feels some need to suck up to ours (I wish neither yours nors the UK's did). And from here, this is no puzzle and is a prime example that the government does not serve the people or follow its will. The government follows the will of the big board rooms. THEY want the war so they get it. It is that simple really. That's why neither Republicans or Democrats in office care about the public polls on the war; but they do care greatly about the various businesses in their districts that feed off these wars. Who wants war? Here is a small list:

Lockheed-Martin
Boeing
Halliburton
General Dynamics
Xi
Caci
Goldman Sachs
Prudential
Exxon
Harris
L-3
Raytheon
Nothrop Grumman
AM General

Here is an intersting article are the worst profiteers. Most you probably never heard of: www.businesspundit.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This war could be ended in one year if hashish and opium are legalized. Both could be produced in Europe and America and Taliban would run out of money for their war. In fact they are crime organizations not freedom fighters. The real Afghan people are Pashtuns and Taliban are in majority people from outside which they are taking care about their narcobuisness.
edit on 8-6-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The profits list on that link are obscene.

You are correct I haven't heard of a lot of those companies.

new topics

top topics

join