It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious perceptual learning. My thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
First of appologies if this is in the wrong section, I only signed up a few days ago. I wrote this to discuss ways of thinking, I'm not trying to say below is fact just expressing some of my current thoughts. I'm also not great at English so sorry if I dont put some of my ideas across very well.

I wanted to discuss consciousness and the importance of a clear mind not just during meditation but also during day to day living. For the most part our heads are so engrossed with the 3 dimensional world around us that it can be easy to lose sight of the non physical energy from which it is all based. Everything before you right now is a manifestation; it exists for a split moment before manifesting into another form. To explain my ideas I must first go over some of my own beliefs and understandings.

First time must be analysed. To me time is just another illusion which mankind has trapped itself within just like a scientist lost in his formulas trying to understand the universe. Past and present can both be perceived; we can manipulate an object and observe the difference from A to B. However this change does not follow a linear timeline, instead that object has always been shape A and shape B, the only change was of your own perception of difference.

Your consciousness does not have an expiry date; it follows no clock nor calendar. Applying these what I consider to be beliefs only helps to understand physical manifestation more conveniently though ultimately distracts from reality. If you watch a clock the hand may give the impression of time however what you are seeing in just part of an ever changing moment with no before or after. If you feel time is going slow should your watch be the voice of reason if that too is ultimately part of your conscious perception?

When we dream you may have had dreams that felt like days yet you slept for 20 minutes. The reason being is time does not exist in dreams, the only reason the time is perceived though more abstract when we wake up is because our brain translates the experience into the easiest was for us to understand. The same goes for meditation; the deeper you go the less time perceptually exists. Also the sense of separation begins to fade, this is because we are experiencing as a body of consciousness.

We all exist in the exact same locality, area of consciousness, the reason we all perceive individual lives is because each of us choose to perceive from different angles. Imagine putting person A and B back to back, person A can see a harbor, person B some mountains on the opposite side; however both people are in the exact same area though if they were to later talk about their experience both would seemingly have been present in different locations.

So why is a clear mind important? Just like in meditation it enables you to manifest, to learn and to observe. The more you observe the more you learn, it quickly becomes a matter of learning constantly without the perceived notion of thought. A vast amount of knowledge can be learnt not just from nature, but also in an unclean street or in the very room you are sitting in at this moment. Shapes in front of you startto become metaphors, sounds become affirmations.

I say this because I myself have always been a quite person, I would always get asked why I’m so quite when with friends, family and though a confident person, my answer was always I just don't feel the need to. Well later on in life I started to realise there is more to it then not being much of a talker, its observing. Once I started learning meditation I could see the similarities, on buses I would visualise the backs of houses past my line of sight, this is just one way of how information can be processed into your consciousness without you even realising.

A screen of data is not needed in order to learn, a clock or even the sun is not needed in order to know what will manifest. I just feel humanity is quickly losing touch with the basic fundamentals of being a conscious being, instead of blaming governments maybe we have to look deeper at human kind as whole. We are slowly losing consciousness. No amount of protests, wars, scientists or laws will change the steady downhill movement of humanity if we are not in a state of awareness. Until we are all taking control of our own manifestation we will always be punching in the dark.

edit on 7-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We are all, most of the time, identified with some thing or other in our environment. Quieting the mind in order to simply "be" can be very difficult. But it is, as you say, very beneficial.

I am curious if you attempt meditation in your everyday life, while at work, walking, etc. and not just while alone? And the difficulties, if any, you experience between that active meditation and meditation while alone.

Also...your english is excellent, no apologies necessary!
edit on 7-6-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

When we are born, we die. When we die, we become alive. There is no such thing as death.

Life lies in conscious awareness. Most people operate from their unconscious or subconsious mind and are as good as "dead". Realize this, and try to be aware of every moment, and you will become alive again. The only thing that transcends earth when you "die" is you awareness, only when you "die" it has no limits and is not bound to physicality.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
We are all, most of the time, identified with some thing or other in our environment. Quieting the mind in order to simply "be" can be very difficult. But it is, as you say, very beneficial.

I am curious if you attempt meditation in your everyday life, while at work, walking, etc. and not just while alone? And the difficulties, if any, you experience between that active meditation and meditation while alone.

Also...your english is excellent, no apologies necessary!

Thanks, also I do practise meditation doing every day things. Not in the sence of eyes closed and dis-associating from the body. Meditation to me can be practised many different ways, its about peace of mind and fine tuning your perception. Like a radio, if you do not tune in properly what you experinece can become fragmented or distorted. Mediatation can even be practised while talking, running or during any other activity. Just remember meditation is not an action, it is an understanding and the way you see, what your physical body is doing has no importance unless you let it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Personally, I live in a permanant daydream, the rest of the world seems to pass me by, as I explore the depths of my own subconsciousness.

Its almost as if, I am asleep when I am awake, and awake when I am asleep.
edit on 7-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join