It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain: I’d tap gay staff members over Sharia law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Republican 2012 presidential candidate Herman Cain, who was recently criticized for saying he wouldn’t permit Muslims in his cabinet, says he wouldn’t have a problem with openly gay appointees. “Nope, not at all. I wouldn’t have a problem with that at all,” Cain told ThinkProgress at an event in Iowa. “I want them qualified, I want them to basically believe in the Constitution of the United States of America. So, yup, I don’t have a problem with appointing an openly gay person.”

link

He's still a racist.
ETA: Maybe not a racist, but a religious bigot.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

He's actually persecuting a religion, so how is he racist??

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

What about an openly gay Muslim? :p What a moron, thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

You really think arguing semantics is productive?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
What about an openly gay Muslim?

In Muslim countries they're killed or imprisoned so that scenario doesn't normally come up that often.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aceto

How is it more/less productive than making jokes about gay muslims? Labeling one a racist is serious and I wanted to know the reason for saying such, which the OP left out. This isnt symantics by the way this is a whole nother discussion, race and religion are nowhere near the same subject.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Isn't it still considered racism, when people discriminate against other people based on their religion? If I owned a store and I said: ``No Jews allowed``. Wouldn't that still be racist?

I might be wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

So Cain is running for president of a Muslim Country or he is appointing cabinet members in a Muslim country?

I thought Cain was running for POTUS? Is the US considered a Muslim country now?

This guy is a joke. He is another corporate shill trying to say a few things he thinks the TEA party wants to hear and a few things that might make him seem like a "maverick." I have already watched his show with a different lead.

He openly admits he plans to run for president of the US, where he will discriminate based on Religion. ATS rightwingers are eating it up.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Cain said he would tap gay staffers?
Is he coming out of the closet?

Seriously though, why not a Muslim? Cain has revealed himself as a religious bigot. Here's an idea Cain: how about you consider someone's work record and keep your nose out of their religious preferences.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Im no right winger.... but YAY for the death of being PC! If you feel a certain way.. say it. He has. I will be pleased when being oh so PC is not "popular" anymore.... I hate fake folks

I can see what he is saying.. Im wondering if others are reading the same article I am or just cant figure it out. He is saying very obviously that Sharia Law is unconstitutional and he'd "hire" gays over those who support unconstitutional issues because Gays are not lead by a RELIGION which demands things from its followers that are unconstitutional. Pretty clear and was in answer to pretty leading BS questions. Some of you seem to have missed the part concerning the QUESTION he was asked and why he gave that answer.

Anyhoo, he wouldnt get my vote due to other things.. but here in my older age I have some hope now that being PC and these absurd demands of GROUP THINK even by ATSers will die soon.. its been a long, tedious, agonizing death.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

`religious bigot`` thanks 4 that!
I knew it was called something like that.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Kind of the problem is his grasp on the facts and reality. Sharia law is no more unconstitutional than Abrahamic law is. Is he going to ban Christians, Catholics, etc. as well? Not all Muslims adhere to Sharia law. In the US, you cannot discriminate based on religion. He is 0 for 3.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by Advantage

Kind of the problem is his grasp on the facts and reality. Sharia law is no more unconstitutional than Abrahamic law is. Is he going to ban Christians, Catholics, etc. as well? Not all Muslims adhere to Sharia law. In the US, you cannot discriminate based on religion. He is 0 for 3.

......And Id still prefer someone say what they think or feel rather than lie to appease the public.. as we have had for far too long. Im tired of being lied to so the person can get elected. Fact is.. this guy isnt a liar on this issue or others concerning how he feels on things... however misguided he is. Maybe some prefer to hear pandering lies and then the person still maintain their original agenda when in office.. not me.

I dont see many folks demanding Abrahamic law or demanding plucking of eyes.. besides, in the NT the new law or standards were given and the old laws and punishments dont apply. Im definitely no sort of Xtian and know that much. You can not discriminate based on religion.. and you also have to separate church and state obviously. Im okay with keeping the laws we have.. and even getting rid of a few.

I dont walk around demanding everyone think like I do and say what I want to hear. I allow them.. no BEG them.. to voice their genuine beliefs and feelings, and then make my decisions. Demands of group think are everywhere and I for one am sick of it. This guy.. I praise him for voicing who he really is and what he really feels. The truth is great. Of course I wouldnt vote for it.. but its damned time people stopped this PC and ear tickling nonsense. Hope Cain sets a trend.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and I know I'm gonna pay for it, but much like my other colleague I am not PC. I BELIEVE that a big part of Cain's issue with sharia law is that it condones harming, murdering and maiming people. Christians do not condone such things. Actually, I'm curious as to what practices of christians you find unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
NO one? really?.... okay...

Cain: I’d tap gay staff members over Sharia law

So, Sharia law gets him so excited that he'd have sex with a gay staffer?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yeah, horribly worded headline. I am betting that was intentional and, really, it only serves to distract from the actual story.

As to the OP, I fail to see how it is religiously biggotted for a non-Muslim to express concerns over the advancement of Sharia law into non-Islamic countries. It's America... one law over all. To advance the idea that Sharia should be acceptible in the US is to advance the idea that "Separate but equal" was an acceptible concept.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Cain is a religious bigot? Lets see muslims believe that anybody who doesn't worship the koran and allah should be killed and are infidels. What does that make them? Oh sorry I forgot that makes em the "peaceful muslims" we always hear about on the news. I wouldn't appoint a muslim either. If you haven't noticed we are at war with them. Maybe back in the day if the feel good crowd were like they are today Roosevelt would have appointed Himler to his cabinet and the nazi's were just misunderstood. That is what PC gets you. Nowhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
muslims believe that anybody who doesn't worship the koran and allah should be killed and are infidels.

That is as accurate as saying all Christians hate the Jews, or any other moronically incorrect blanket statement.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not a blanket statement reality. Look what they are doing to Christians in Egypt lately. Or keep looking the other way as most do. When Christians start killing Jews for their beliefs I will call them on it too. What will you do defend em then as you do Muslims now??

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Not a blanket statement reality. Look what they are doing to Christians in Egypt lately. Or keep looking the other way as most do. When Christians start killing Jews for their beliefs I will call them on it too. What will you do defend em then as you do Muslims now??

Yes, blanket statement. You said "muslims believe that anybody who doesn't worship the koran and allah should be killed and are infidels. " which is a lie, an untruth, inaccurate.

Why do you spread lies that promote irrational hatred of an entire culture?

You sound as bad as the extremists you attempt to condemn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join