It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada head for record year in UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm not that interested in the UFO phenomenom but I ran across this story in the Toronto Star that I just had to share with the ppl of ATS. Food for thought....

Quote Source thestar.com
Soaring UFO sightings near record high

Mysterious lights, dazzling mid-air manoeuvres reported
More than 400 encounters of the curious kind filed so far this year

JIM BRONSKILL
CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA�From a translucent, saucer-shaped object in British Columbia to mysterious lights buzzing motorists in New Brunswick, Canadians are on their way to reporting a record number of UFO sightings this year.

More than 400 stories of curious encounters were filed through the end of July, compared with just over 300 by this time last year, says Ufology Research of Manitoba, a group that tracks reports of unidentified flying objects.

At this rate, the total for 2004 will surpass the current record of 673 sightings reported last year, said Chris Rutkowski, research co-ordinator for the Winnipeg-based organization.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why would you read the STAR?

You know its all lies...

Where in Toronto are you?

I'm in Ajax.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's very interesting that all these UFOs cases are either in Mexico or Canada... it makes me think they are human made and being tested against radar systems.

Is there an increase in reports of alien abductions in these areas?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Why would you read the STAR?

You know its all lies...

Where in Toronto are you?

I'm in Ajax.

The Star lies?? It's not THE STAR it's the Toronto Star theres a difference
(Ones a Tabloid the other is a Liberal Propaganda Tentacle
I'm an East-Ender, in Riverdale just south of Danforth Ave.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I meant the Toronto Star

And yes, the Toronto Star Lies.

*Grew up on Woodycrest*

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Expect more between now and 2012. I just read the Newsletter posted at onealclan0.tripod.com...

I no longer think UFO's are what most of us always assumed. But now I believe they are real.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Have any photos of the Canada wave been circulated? I havn't found any as of yet. Also, just once could there be ufo sightings wave over my house?
With the jobs, the kids- it's just hard to get around these days. (ok, I'm lazy.)

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm in Toronto and get the Star every day (parents subscribe)...

It lies? You can say that about ANY paper...sure, the Star may lie about some things...well, not may, it probably DOES, but there's no reason to lie about the local stuff...which is the only reason I read it...

For international news I'll look on the net...but if I want to read about the latest local shooting or events going on or whatever...what better place?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by anjeeeee]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yen I�ve seen stuff too this year, but nothing too spectacular. But stuff that didn�t quite register as aircraft.

And just yesterday...

Speaking of Toronto, anyone see what would appeared to have been falling star/space debris around 7. I know it was cloudy but I caught some thing skimming through the breaks in the clouds. It didn�t appear very large. It had the A-typical re-entry look to it. An elongated tail emanating from a source. It was traveling east in a strait line. From my perspective it appeared not very large, perhaps smaller that a car.

[edit on C:Satocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If this is real anyone have any idea why Canada. I feel cuz the population is dispersed, low military presence, and perhaps agricultural recourses. I still don't know if these guys are hostile, friendly or benign. Or perhaps there are couple races.

That�s if these sightings are EBE flying around . Or perhaps its our pals to the south testing new tech.

Or perhaps we Cannooks are reporting and or drinking to much beer and smoking to much BC bud.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This story is also being covered in the Globe and Mail here is the link...
www.theglobeandmail.com...

top topics

join