It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Missiles Stolen from Gaddafi Weapon Depots: (just great)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Some 10 Soviet-made Strela man-portable surface-to-air missiles have been stolen from the Gaddafi military depots in Libya and taken out of the country. The first reports about the weapons that were snatched from the Libyan Army-plundered depots date back to April this year.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cd63820da49.jpg[/atsimg]
Key parts of the SA-7 `Grail' (Strela-2M) man-portable surface-to-air missile system, including launch tube and missile, grip-stock firing mechanism carrying case, protective cover bag and goggles
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd0efcb79bae.jpg[/atsimg]

The Libyan Ambassador to Moscow specifically voiced apprehensions that the Strela surface-to-air missiles, capable of bringing down both military aircraft and airliners, could fall into the hands of extremists, including Al-Qaeda fighters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdcb88fa0881.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: english.ruvr.ru...

Well, this isn't good. I have a feeling they won't hold onto them long. They will either be used ASAP or they risk the chance of losing them somehow... or be found by US!

If Lybia was responsible for it... I would expect attacks on England, France and/or US planes-soon. If the extremist muslin groups got them-I think US/NATO plans in Iraq and/or Afgan will be the targets.

Time will tell. Any ATSer have any experience with the Russian or US missle systems such as these (and I am not talking about Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Black OPS!)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Nope, they will hold onto them for awhile. These things require training and they will want maximum effect from their use. Why shoot down a military helicopter with countermeasures when you can use it against a civilian airliner with none?

That's what terrorism is about, getting in the news and spreading your message.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'd just like to clarify, 'Muslim extremeists' who are we talking about here ? youre making a pretty big generalisation there, if were talking about US and UK Special forces then say it so, if were talking Al-qaeda, then they are one in the same, so who are we really talking about here ?

Do we really believe Gaddaffi would have an arms depot unguarded so that some dumb 'muslim extremeist, supposed REBELS !? ' have broken into his compound and stolen them ? yeah right, if gaddaffi has so many of these type of weapons in his inventory, why arewe not seeing them used against our planes bombing his country everyday.

Because its all media fabrication & this thread poster has lapped it up and ran with it, thinknig hes doing someone a favour.

I dont know what else to say, all this talk of libya is getting old, i just want to go over there and thank Gaddafi for not bowing down to western oppression.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The report eas dated back to April so they went missing how long before then. If they are missing at all. The whole things seems a bit fishy to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Some 10 Soviet-made Strela man-portable surface-to-air missiles have been stolen from the Gaddafi military depots in Libya and taken out of the country.

If they know that these weapons were taken out of the country, then they must have tracked them...or at least have a good idea of who has them, no? Where is the evidence that they left the country? Who's to say that the Libyan rebels are not in possession of them for use against Gadaffi's forces?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Considering NATO has been enforcing a 'no fly zone' among other murderous tactics, i dont suppose gaddafi has been using much of his 'air force' so i wouldnt have thought there was much libyan air forces to shoot at ?

top topics

join