It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you gold, silver or bronze?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Ya ! doesn't mean anything to me except a milestone and something to show off.

I don't take the compliments or the insults to heart. Even tho the insults in my case far out weigh the comps.

I always seem to have fun where you comment Bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon. Relax. Looking at your own scores: Wats, Karma, Posts, Flags, and stars, you're just under the threshold for having a border of your own. The fact is (and you know this) the "badge" system has changed many times since you and I joined. It used to be much more ostentatious and complicated than it is now. It's also much more diffficult to get to those levels. With the old way of doing things I think you and I would both be gold, but not today.

I look upon it like this. If you have high scores, all that means is that you've been here awhile, probably steadily, and that you have made contributions to the threads that your fellow posters have deemed useful enough to point them out. They don't buy you anything, so they are not any kind of currency. It's just a little minor recognition. I really see nothing wrong with that, and complaining about it shows a bit too much concentration on it. In other words, whoring for stars and borders and complaining about stars and borders is pretty much the same thing--concentrating too much on stars and borders.
edit on 12/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join