It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you gold, silver or bronze?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
WHO GIVES A FLYING SQUIRREL.

I personally hate the "in your face" segregation that is in place here - I reply to a post, put a reasonable amount of effort in, see their gold-silver-bronze outline and cancel the post because I'm not going to compete.

Who's idea was this? It's all back patting wankery, and not one instance of letting someone know their post is bunk.

Perhaps make a global contribution status, which states the overall contribution the poster has but keep the rest relevant to what the USER in question, read ME, has about the person I'm reading.

Because I know for a fact I am replying now to people who have done nothing but post scare monger threads, have never offered a valid opinion and opt instead to abuse - but their threads get a kazillions views and flags, and they sit here with gold contributor status?

I don't want the status - I rarely make threads except here - and if I did I'd ask for it to be removed or fake a new account.

So, do we have to put up with smugness in every thread now?

Is it to force 'purposeful posts' ? It doesnt work that way. As it only affects, or appears to, affect only thread posters.

Those prolific thread makers who make 40-50 threads at a go, and make them on any topic but throw in ignorant concepts, will always get lots of attention. Making these people NOT what ATS wants, but what they don't want.

Whatever, it's a pointless and wankery idea to me, how big is my e-peen? Why I'm a gold-level contributor.

How dare you talk to me, member with no recognition!

bleh, rant over. back to bourbon.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
couldn't give a #

i listen to what people have to say, not the colour of the person saying it!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I personally hate the "in your face" segregation that is in place here - I reply to a post, put a reasonable amount of effort in, see their gold-silver-bronze outline and cancel the post because I'm not going to compete.

Segregation? Please....They use to have the contribution bar a couple years ago, what is wrong with recognizing those who contribute?

Who's idea was this? It's all back patting wankery, and not one instance of letting someone know their post is bunk.

What?

Because I know for a fact I am replying now to people who have done nothing but post scare monger threads, have never offered a valid opinion and opt instead to abuse - but their threads get a kazillions views and flags, and they sit here with gold contributor status?

Really??? I don't post scare monger threads and to say that is all those who have these bars do is a bit of a stretch. Why don't you contribute more then instead of put down those who do. The gold members get a kazillions views because they post good threads! Have you even read any of the top 50 members threads? Ever read Slayer's? He has amazing threads, as does Skyfloating, SKL...the list goes on.

Whatever, it's a pointless and wankery idea to me, how big is my e-peen? Why I'm a gold-level contributor.

How dare you talk to me, member with no recognition!

bleh, rant over. back to bourbon.

What do you care if you don't post threads and you dont even want a status at any point? It doesn't affect how I post or respond in any way shape or form. It seems to me those who don't have it are the most pissed off.

Enjoy your bourbon

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
couldn't give a #

i listen to what people have to say, not the colour of the person saying it!

Sure sure, not my point, but you are welcome to try.

At least you spelled Colour properly

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Huh. Why are you so easily intimidated?

I don't care if someone has a border around their posts. Although, I think a nice green one would perk up my posts nicely. ATS?...

I watched a top contributor get banned not long ago, so while it is interesting to see who's been "big" here since before my time, every post still stands on its own. Today's a new day.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I dont mind about the colour of someones post.

It does amaze me how many posts some people have in such a short time.

i just saw a member who joined in december 2010 with a gold level contributor banner, 9000 posts, 15000 flags.....HOW??? Do some people never leave this site and just write threads and posts 24/7???

Seriously.....some of you people need to get out more

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I guess I am totally missing this. Where is it showing gold, silver or bronze? Is this another "popularity" thing like flags and stars?

So basically, yes?
edit on 7-6-2011 by chiefsmom because: found the answer

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I guess I am totally missing this. Where is it showing gold, silver or bronze? Is this another "popularity" thing like flags and stars?

Look at mblahnikluver post.....3 posts above my post....or about 6 above this one.
the top of his post it has a silver banner...thats what this discussion is about

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

have alook at the boader of the post by mblahnikluver above you
and the top left corner of his post
siler member.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ScepticDebunker

Im a she

lol

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by badw0lf

Segregation? Please....They use to have the contribution bar a couple years ago, what is wrong with recognizing those who contribute?

What?

I cannot rate a persons post down, which I believe is needed. To have a visible sign of achievement based on flag/star count, then we should have the ability to level it out.

How many HAARP threads do we need that go on for 100 pages, and give the OP this 'achievement' when it's all that they do? You can only post in them to state your complete disgust at the fact yet another thread has 140 flags as the one last week from a different user, as opposed to the valid thread that got 1 flag and 3 stars that actually discussed viable things.

What do you mean what.

Really??? I don't post scare monger threads and to say that is all those who have these bars do is a bit of a stretch.

Nah I never said ALL. There are a lot of people I see with it that I know deserve it, it's the blanket way it's handed out and the fact it's stated in every post.

It's nothing more - not on the posters behalf - than having a shiny star that teacher would give you at school.

Might be nice for insecure children, here? It boasts. And I disagree with it. Is ATS a competition?

Why don't you contribute more then instead of put down those who do.

Because, ahh maybe like I said, I don't care about the status?

So it's a competition to you eh?

A thing to be won? "Why don't you contribute more then!!" - why is my membership any less if I don't? Is my contribution to an existing thread somehow less than being first in getting that tsunami/hurricane/comet/earthquake video out there on first page?

Yeah, thats how it appears. Useless threads count, anything else is "Why don't you do more."

pfft.

The gold members get a kazillions views because they post good threads! Have you even read any of the top 50 members threads? Ever read Slayer's? He has amazing threads, as does Skyfloating, SKL...the list goes on.

It's nice to see you didn't bother to take on board the sentiment of my post.

It's those who post ridiculous threads, who get continual recognition for doing so, and who get this status, than I am skewed about.

I never mentioned any users and I wont, unlike you in your fervor to praise people against a supposed attack you've perceived.
Whatever, it's wanky and if your ego needs it. good for you. And your chums.

I hated the system back when it was around before, then it was gone. Nice.. Now it's back worse than ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Explanation: Uhmmm?

The gold and silver status ... just like avatars and stars and flags [except as noted on recents threads page] ARE NOT VISIBLE to non members who are surfing the ATS website!

Its purely for the memberships eyes ONLY!

You have been a member far longer than OL has and when I joined there were even more levels to it [OL worked hard for his solid contributor level ok].

This is nothing new and as a consequence... whats happening isn't new!

ATS didn't die then and it wont die now! In fact its GROWN!

Personal Disclosure: Pride! It comes before the fall! Watch out for that hole OK!

P.S. Don't get angry... get a better argument!

I don't want the status - I rarely make threads except here - and if I did I'd ask for it to be removed or fake a new account.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I'm mother fing platinum
really have no idea about the borders thing just always wanted to say that like a rapper
edit on 7-6-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Huh. Why are you so easily intimidated?

I don't care if someone has a border around their posts. Although, I think a nice green one would perk up my posts nicely. ATS?...

I watched a top contributor get banned not long ago, so while it is interesting to see who's been "big" here since before my time, every post still stands on its own. Today's a new day.

My point exactly, Members should be based on their content alone, not what the shiny border or special awards show. Because regardless of what people say, it influences people.

Funny why people think it's a problem for me - this is the rant forum, if it was a problem I'd post in the Business and board forums asking for a change.

Instead Im venting.

And I'm allowed to.

It's like the people who took their "Golden contributor" image and stuck it in their signiture have had a wet dream.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thank you and Sprocket2cog. After I asked, I went looking and figured it out, but thank you both for answering.
Not sure what this is suppose to do, besides show someone posts a lot, which you could already tell. Oh well, I obviously don't pay enough attention to the extras, I would rather just read about an interesting story or new information.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by badw0lf

Explanation: Uhmmm?

The gold and silver status ... just like avatars and stars and flags [except as noted on recents threads page] ARE NOT VISIBLE to non members who are surfing the ATS website!

Its purely for the memberships eyes ONLY!

Explanation: So I should log in unregistered to avoid the registered feature that only appears to registered users to let other registered users just how important someone is based on an embedded image which you would otherwise see should you be registered, which is what you need to be in ordeer to post and infact reply?

Thanks.

You have been a member far longer than OL has and when I joined there were even more levels to it [OL worked hard for his solid contributor level ok].

Yes, it was removed, and seems to have crept back in recently. I was not going to post about it at first, a few weeks ago when I noticed it, hoping it was just testing.. it now appears permanent.

This is nothing new and as a consequence... whats happening isn't new!

Then you'll kindly go find me a screengrab of a typical ATS thread say about 2010.

Let me know if you don't know how to do that.

ATS didn't die then and it wont die now! In fact its GROWN!

Sure, if you need to keep looking at just how great you are.

Unbelievable. A simple opinion, and Im anti ATS lmaorotfl.

Personal Disclosure: Pride! It comes before the fall! Watch out for that hole OK!

That's just special.

I'm asking why people need to have their pride displayed before them in every post for everyone to see (Again, not a slight on the poster, it's the forums) and you quote that quip. You need to stop the funny posting and get onto comprehension you silly old dilly.

P.S. Don't get angry... get a better argument!

I can't afford one, it's late, and a public holiday. I wont bother to ask you for one, either.

You can keep your @@'s too, or should I put that in the personal disclosure bit?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by badw0lf

I'm mother fing platinum
really have no idea about the borders thing just always wanted to say that like a rapper
edit on 7-6-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

Man that is METAL.

You are worthy of an anti-Rant -

"I also like cats."

Be careful with this because it does not work on strange people.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Because regardless of what people say, it influences people.

Funny why people think it's a problem for me -

it clearly is a problem for you - it influenced you

I reply to a post, put a reasonable amount of effort in, see their gold-silver-bronze outline and cancel the post because I'm not going to compete.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Thank you and Sprocket2cog. After I asked, I went looking and figured it out, but thank you both for answering.
Not sure what this is suppose to do, besides show someone posts a lot, which you could already tell. Oh well, I obviously don't pay enough attention to the extras, I would rather just read about an interesting story or new information.

THIS IS INTERESTING

!

I will exclamation mark you further should you insist on this folly.

You am in the rant forum. Like I are.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by badw0lf

Because regardless of what people say, it influences people.

Funny why people think it's a problem for me -

it clearly is a problem for you - it influenced you

No it *Was* a problem. I ranted. I got over it. Well I hope I did.

Or I'll be back tomorrow night.

I reply to a post, put a reasonable amount of effort in, see their gold-silver-bronze outline and cancel the post because I'm not going to compete.

I heard what you said in your mind. Nasty!

Oo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join