It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran could have a nuclear bomb within two months

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
According to a Rand corporation researcher Iran could have enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear bomb within 8 weeks;

He added that despite reports of setbacks in its nuclear program, the Iranian regime is steadily progressing towards a bomb. Unfortunately, Jones says, there is nothing the US can do to stop Tehran, short of military occupation. The researcher based his report on recent findings by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), published two weeks ago. Making the bomb will take around two months, he says, because constructing a nuclear warhead is a complicated step in the process.

Nuculear Iran?

I'm unfamiliar with the site, so I'm not ready to call for ground troops like the researcher thinks is required. I do think if this is true we are in for some dark times ahead. The idea to an Iran with the ability to launch a functioning nuclear warhead is very scary to me. Ahmadinejad would like nothing more than to start tossing around nukes to hasten the arrival of his fabled 13th imam.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Its all lies and propaganda.

Like the Libya invasion....nothing to do with peace and safety of civilians....a way of stopping Gadaffi bringing in the Gold Dinar....which he would only accept for OIL.

The same thing happened to Saddam when he went to change from the petro-dollar to the Euro....sanctions, propaganda, lies and then a full scale invasion.

Who cares if Iran has nukes?? The biggest terrorists are the american government! and they already have WMD's

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Not scary to me. I hope they nuke Israel quickly. They'll be doing the world a favour.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
every time i've seen him on TV he just asks why isreal is allowed to commit genocide on the Palestinians and seems like quite a peaceful man...

why is Israel allowed to commit genocide on the Palestinians?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That lie mean Israel is getting ready to strike Iran

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Now why would he start tossing around nukes when he knows that would be the end of him? Seriously. He values power more than any hatred towards anyone and I highly doubt they are going to get the nuke and just give it to him and say "here ya go man, do what you want with it".

If you look at the history of all the countries who have aquired nuclear weapons they have actually become more responsible. Sure they still have problems but they don't act like 3rd world countries anymore. Usually. Getting nuclear weapons kind of let's you in the front door to be heard by the powerful countries and they probably want the weapon for that reason more than to blow Israel up.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Theres no way Israel will allow a threat with nuclear weapon capability in the vicinity so we will know sooner rather than later if this is true.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Not scary to me. I hope they nuke Israel quickly. They'll be doing the world a favour.

that's just plain stupid for two reasons.

1. human beings live in Israel, some of them I despise, some of them I consider brothers, but all of them have a right to life.

2. Israel has stated they will target their warheads (the ones they may or may not have) at all their percieved enemies capitols as well as their allies, taking the entire world down with them.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Logman

that's just plain stupid for two reasons.

1. human beings live in Israel, some of them I despise, some of them I consider brothers, but all of them have a right to life.

2. Israel has stated they will target their warheads (the ones they may or may not have) at all their percieved enemies capitols as well as their allies, taking the entire world down with them.

You got a source where they say they are gonna take out their allies and bring the world down with them?

Or you just making that up?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

I think this is the central point to take away from this thread. No matter where ones loyalties lie in the middle east and regardless of whether Ahmadinejad is a nutjob or a man of peace, the idea of a nuclear Iran and the reaction of Israel and the US to that idea could be the spark that lights the fuse.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy

Originally posted by Ben81

I think this is the central point to take away from this thread. No matter where ones loyalties lie in the middle east and regardless of whether Ahmadinejad is a nutjob or a man of peace, the idea of a nuclear Iran and the reaction of Israel and the US to that idea could be the spark that lights the fuse.

Not to sound dumb, but to WW3 you mean?

Jamie.
edit on 7-6-2011 by pandapowerjamie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You forget that Israel is not supposed to have nukes. So in that respect, they won't be able to launch them by themselves. I bet there are multiple buttons, one in Israel and one in the US, for these bombs.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

And that's why the Israeli propaganda machine is desperate to make people believe them.

Because the Israeli propaganda machine is onto the movement of people. The political awakening of the people. They know they are screwed, they know the Americans will find out en masse in a couple of years what the Israeli lobbyists have done to their country. I think they've come to accept this.

So they are looking for last resort exits. Which they aren't going to find mind you - we're just going to see more of the same old rhetoric, fear mongering as we've seen for the past decades.

However, I absolutely despise the pro-Iranian regime propaganda machine that has been rolling as well. It has effectively dumbed down a whole bunch of posters here and has incited their opposition. This is no good to us, who want to deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The IAEA has continually said that Iran has fully complied with all laws, regulations and safety measures required. They have also publicly stated that there is no evidence to show that Iran's nuclear program is aimed at weapons development. You can find this information for yourself at the IAEA site (I can't post links.)

The RAND corporation has ties with the CFR, various parts of the MIC and has driven hostile foreign policy for over 60 years. Anything that they say should be subject to great scrutiny. This is simply further lies and villainization of Iran to justify an upcoming strike against them, which of course as we all know is to help secure oil reserves for the west while simultaneously keeping them out of reach of China, Russia, etc. Peak oil has come, US and other western states will be scrambling to secure oil so they can keep jets in the air and tanks on the ground.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When will you people stop going on about WW3 ? why put your energy into fear mongering and pure speculation, hearsay and lies.

Iran are only developing as a nation, they´re not interested in WW.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
PROPAGANDA MOAR PL0X.

Second.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

Good. I hope they get one. Because if they dont, we are going to do to them what we have done to Iraq and Libya.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticDebunker
Its all lies and propaganda.

Like the Libya invasion....nothing to do with peace and safety of civilians....a way of stopping Gadaffi bringing in the Gold Dinar....which he would only accept for OIL.

Excuse my language, but stop being such an ignorant fool. These days, people think everything is Western propaganda and although I cannot deny that they have good reason to feel so due to the Iraq war, it does not mean everything is black and white. Meaning that the "axis" are merely portrayed as such by the West and the West is in reality a purely evil and lying force.

Israel, Russia and the US all know that Iran already has a number of nuclear warheads. Iran has invested and spend a lot on developing the platform to deliver the nuclear warheads while simultaneously the number of warheads and weapon grade plutonium is gradually increased.

Now why does Israel not mention this? They want it to look like a time against the clock as admitting that Iran already has nuclear weapons would not exactly be helpful for gaining public support for an attack on the country. Iran, on the other hand, cannot admit they already have nuclear weapons as it would give the "allies" a valid reason to attack them due to treaty breaches.

I am not choosing sides, I am merely explaining my opinion objectively. This in contrast to many on this forum who think that Iran is yet another poor nation targeted by the evil West.

If you people would have done your research, you would know that Iran has actively sought to become a nuclear power and obtain weapon-grade plutonium for more than two decades. If you believe that the hundreds of warheads and weapon-grade plutonium in Ukraine and Kazakhstan that have gone missing, did not partly end up in Iranian ownership, you are a true fool.

Some food for thought:

*1992 Iran acquires nuclear weapons "ready for immediate use" from CIS countries, according to the German weekly Focus. The weapons are reportedly "an atom bomb which can be dropped from an airplane and a launcher for missiles with nuclear warheads."

*February 1992. The Washington, DC-based Defense and Foreign Affairs Strategic Policy newsletter reports Iran is within two months of reassembling nuclear warheads acquired from the former Soviet Union. Iran has hired nuclear scientists from Kazakhstan.

*March 1992. Paul Muenstermann, vice president of the German Federal Intelligence Service (BND), says that Iran received two of three nuclear warheads and medium-range nuclear delivery systems that are missing from Kazakhstan. Iranian officials and the commander of the CIS Joint Armed Forces reject these claims. Russian General Victor Samoilov, however, who handles disarmament issues for the CIS general staff, admits that three nuclear warheads were missing from Kazakhstan. Also, Iran allegedly purchased four 152mm nuclear shells from the former Soviet Union, which were allegedly stolen and sold by former Soviet Army officers. The Iranian Foreign Ministry denies these allegations. Lt. General Sergey Zalentsov, senior commander of the United Armed Forces of the CIS and deputy-in-charge of all CIS nuclear arms, also rejects the reports. Iran reportedly received the warheads from Kazakhstan through Bulgaria. However, Iran did not receive the necessary launch codes or missiles capable of carrying the warheads.

*US magazine US News and World Report quotes an unidentified high-ranking Russian officer as substantiating a US intelligence report that three short-range nuclear weapons have disappeared from an arsenal in Kazakhstan. The US magazine reports the weapons have been sold to Iran.

*April 1992. The European of London reports that the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service has said that Iran definitely received two warheads stolen from Semipalatinsk. The report says that the organization selling the weapons had ties to Kazakhstan President Nursaltan Nazarbayev.

*May 1992 Russian television reports that Russian intelligence has told the CIA that two nuclear warheads from Semipalatisk, Khazakhstan, were sold to Iran and another unknown Middle East country with the permission of Kazakhstani President Nazarbayev. The warheads are of a capacity ranging from 2 to 5 kilotons.

*11 April 1998, Labor MK Rafi Elul says that Israel and the United States have suspected for years that Iran acquired nuclear weapons smuggled from the former Soviet Union. Elul reportedly met with an unknown US source, reportedly with longtime connections to the Israeli government, in March 1998 who said that in 1995 she gave both the CIA and Israel Iranian government documents on Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear weapons.

*Following a series of Jerusalem Post articles saying that Iran acquired nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union, two US Congressmen, Jim Saxton and Bill McCollum, say that they have closely followed Iran's military programs and that Iran "has obtained nuclear weapons as well as established a ballistic missile command-and-control system to launch them."

*1998 According to Iranian government documents in Israel's possession, Iran received several nuclear warheads from a former Soviet republic during the early 1990s, THE JERUSALEM POST reported.
The documents have been deemed authentic by United States congressional experts and are still being studied in Israel. They contain correspondence between Iranian government officials and leaders of Iran's Revolutionary Guards that discusses Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear warheads from former Soviet republics. The documents appear to bolster reports from 1992 that Iran received enriched uranium and up to four nuclear warheads from Kazakhstan, with help from the Russian underworld.

*"Iran does have nuclear weapons", General Yuri Baluyevsky, the Russian Deputy Chief of Staff told journalists, adding: "Of course, these are non-strategic nuclear weapons. I mean these are not ICBMs with a range of more than 5,500 kilometers and more. But as a military man, I see no danger of aggression against Russia by Iran."

*Goss, who came to Ankara just after FBI Director Robert Mueller’s visit, brought up Iran’s alleged attempts to develop nuclear weapons. It was said that Goss first told Ankara that Iran has nuclear weapons and this situation was creating a huge threat for both Turkey and other states in the region.

Now all of you deniers, tell me what motives the Russians had in 1992 and later to make up such a claim? The US, Israel, Germany and Russia have all confirmed in the 1990s that Iran has obtained nuclear warheads. You are all going to dismiss this as propaganda?

source
edit on 7-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
These idiotic statements by pundits, commentators, the press and politicians sucking up to the Israeli teat are laughable.
How many years now have we been bombarded with the story that Iran is only months away from having nuclear weapons and must be punished before they start launching them at all us infidels? Seriously, they have been repeating this same mantra for so long I think flares were still in fashion (again).

For all those calling for Iran to be attacked, I'd say here is your gun and a parachute and drop them in to start blastin'. I mean, go on, if you are so convinced, go do something about it, but DO NOT expect others to bow to this BS and go off and die for more lies.

As for the other laughable story of Ahmedinejad wanting to start nuclear armageddon to usher in the new Messiah / Imam, isn't that the same as the Christians want with their endless "End-Times" prophecies as they orgasm at the prospect of rapture and joining their saviour in the big house? The Iranians are NOT fools and will not be drawn into making any move that will turn public opinion against them, and leave open the prospect of being attacked, much to the annoyance of Tel Aviv, Washington and London and their controllers in Wall Street and the city of London.

People need to quit believing all the scare stories, take a step back and look at what is happening / has happened with their own eyes, not what is being presented as "fact" by those with a vested interest in war and profiteering from death.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Now why does Israel not mention this?

Most likely because it isn't true.

They want it to look like a time against the clock as admitting that Iran already has nuclear weapons would not exactly be helpful for gaining public support for an attack on the country.

Exactly, because if Iran has had nukes for 20 years and hasn't attacked anyone it would look sticky on Israel.

Iran, on the other hand, cannot admit they already have nuclear weapons as it would give the "allies" a valid reason to attack them due to treaty breaches.

It wouldn't, seeing as the scare tactic is to let people believe that they are going to use nukes to wipe out Israel.

If you people would have done your research, you would know that Iran has actively sought to become a nuclear power and obtain weapon-grade plutonium for more than two decades.

That is complete gibberish, speculation at best, and you know it.

However, if you had done YOUR research, you would find out that the Israeli regime and the Iranian regime are one and the same.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join