It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feud Between Neighbors Ends In Fatal Stabbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

SAN ANTONIO -- Juan Antonio Rivera, 31, is accused of stabbing Michael Washington, 31, at an apartment complex near Rittiman Road. Washington died from his injuries. But police said this is not the first time the two neighbors have fought.

See the rest here.

(Updated article and video below)

SAN ANTONIO -- A fight at a Northeast side apartment complex ended in murder early Friday. Investigators say two neighbors got into a fight over some kids who were throwing eggs around 2:00 a.m. at the Park on Goldfield Apartments, off I-35 and Rittiman Road. Police say Juan Antonio Rivera, 31, stabbed the victim, also 31, in the back and drove off in a white car. Officers found Rivera a short time later, hiding out in the backyard of his mother's house.

See the rest here.

What's interesting to note about this particular event is I was working at this apartment complex a couple days afterward, working for a private security firm. I can say first hand that this place is a hell-hole. (AND I STILL WORK THERE.)

edit on 6/7/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Lol I am not even sure how this made the news, aside from the fact the guy was stabbed over egg throwing by kids.

If I had to guess, based on the reports that its not the first time the cops have dealt with the 2, that it was only a matter of time before it escalated. Luckily for the people living there (and unlucky for the victim) it was a knife and not a gun fight.

This is going to continue to be a problem nationwide as cities struggle with finances, resulting in few officers for proactive patrol.

Im going to guess 1 or both have criminal histories and the argument between the 2 that night was in progress prior to the egg throwing. The guy was stabbed in the back, so if I had to guess the guy with the knife didnt care for the other guy walking away from him.

I guess the old adage is true - A true friend stabs you in the front.

Luckily the OP was not injured in anyway. Are you guys armed?
edit on 9-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes. We're armed. I'm armed too. Although everyone carries a Glock-40 except me. I carry a nine-millimeter smith & wesson. I wish I had a Glock 40 instead. Bad thing too though is I don't wear a vest. Can't afford one--yet. -_-

(BTW: Most of my coworkers are off duty police. The rest are just security-guards/officers.)

new topics

join