It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Blue XST info search request...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm currently building a model of the Have Blue XST. I've already conducted an extensive net search as well as a fair amount of printed literature. I'm looking for additional, publicly available information that may not be in circulation.

Specifically, I'm looking for:

Photos/documents/schematics of the landing gear and bay. Sources state they're from an A-10.

Photos/document/schematics of the cockpit. Sources state the seat and instruments are from a F-5.

Photographs of the rear/exhaust of the plane. I've got the one taken from an 8 o'clock position.

Camouflage pattern details for the underbelly of the aircraft. I've seen those listed at JPS model and published by Squadron Signal and Airtime Publishing. No underbelly schematic is published, and I've heard the scheme is actually of mixed paints of upwards of 12 different varying shades.

Any idea on how to get Lockheed to talk to you, or how to file a Freedom of Information Act?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
FIOA requests are a government thing so Lockheed would just ignore them. My suggestion is to go to the AF web site and they have a page of FOIA and how and were to send them and were the reading rooms are.

There are not alot of pictures of the HaveBlue AC. Both were destroyed during testing. And Inflight testing pictures are really rare.

Th Ben Rich Skunk Works book does state that they used alot of off the shelf parts for it. The flight controlls were modified from the F-16. I know from my reading that the breaks were really bad. They had to put fans on them after landings and were replace with f-15 breaks.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have this book called "Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works, by Jay Miller" ISBN 1-85780-037-0. It has a whole chapter devoted to the development of the Have Blue concept, and some really nice pictures, but it is not in color. I also have this pic in better quailty in another book. Dont know if it helps.

www.f-117a.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Check out this also:

www.f-117a.com...

[edit on 6-8-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thank you, I appreciate your taking an interest in this.

Do you have a link to the AF website?

When you say flight controls from an F-16, do mean just the fly-by-wire system, or also the controls such as a side-stick and throttle?

It's little modifications like what kinds of changes from the A-10 break system to an F-15 break system occured and how they affected the appearance, etc., that I'm interested in.

I still need to pick up a lot of those books, and thank you for the additional literature sources, it really helps.

I've been harassing the f-117A.com webmaster for some time, now. lol He's been very helpful.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Horrido]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I ran across a book about Lockheed Martin - it gave some good pictures..do a search on amazon for Lockheed Martin and Skunkworks.

=-Rich

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrido
Thank you, I appreciate your taking an interest in this.
When you say flight controls from an F-16, do mean just the fly-by-wire system, or also the controls such as a side-stick and throttle?

THe link is:
www.foia.af.mil...

The flight controll system is the fly by wire system in the 16. They had to modify it as the F-117 is unstable in all 3 axies. The 16 was unstable in one or two I can't reacal. ITs the onlytink that keeps it in the air.

If they allowed the model to free float in the wind tunnel it would actually turn around and "fly backwrds". When Dick Cnatrell one of the aerodynamisits was asked about icing, he replied that ice buildup could only improve the aerodynamics

top topics

join