It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake 4.2 Missouri

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I live in Central Iowa also.....I didn't hear or feel anything but I did happen to wake up at about 4:15 am......early for me...I normally sleep until 6:30.....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
How weird!!
I took a nap for bout an hour and woke up around that time!
I live in Kalifornia!!!
And I thought it was just my having to go pee.
Well maybe it was just that as I felt no shake.

California had a 3.4 in the LA area yesterday, could that have woken you? My friends there felt it.
edit on 7-6-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
Hum and can it be related to :
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
?

Update :
Space Weather Message Code: ALTTP4
Serial Number: 334
Issue Time: 2011 Jun 07 0652 UTC

ALERT: Type IV Radio Emission
Begin Time: 2011 Jun 07 0626 UTC

And, here is the description for the type IV radio emission alert:

R4 Severe

HF Radio: : HF radio communication blackout on most of the sunlit side of Earth for one to two hours. HF radio contact lost during this time.

Navigation: Outages of low-frequency navigation signals cause increased error in positioning for one to two hours. Minor disruptions of satellite navigation possible on the sunlit side of Earth.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

AH! That explains what happened to our internet connection yesterday! I was all flustered because we kept losing it for periods of time!

In any case, perhaps related, perhaps not:
I am one of those who hears "the hum" and yesterday it was very strong, after a while of being quiet. I don't know what that means, only that right before some major catastrophies in the world, the pattern has been that it is strong a couple of days before.....
edit on 7-6-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Is this the area where the Army Corps of Engineers flooded on purpose recently?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I live right dab in the middle of the New Madrid Fault. Dead center between St. Louis and Memphis. Didn't hear or feel anything. Now I feel all left out! LOL J/K!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No the area that was flooded by the Corpse was down near the the top of the Missouri Bootheel. In Mississippi County.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It knocked a light fixture down which is now hanging by a wire in one of the rooms of our house in Arkansas.

Here is a photo of what it did in my house in Arkansas. It's on my facebook page.
www.facebook.com...

edit on 7-6-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Didn't feel it. Tho it might have happened just as a train was going by. I live two blocks from the tracks and at times they can vibrate the house. Depending on their speed and weight.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Also I live on a ridge. That might have adsorbed some of the vibrations from it. Don't know. I was awake and at my computer and never noticed it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I use Google Earth to watch earthquakes and noticed the 4.2 this morning. I did a historical search of earthquakes for the area using a great tool from the USGS which allows you to create a Google Earth Map of earthquakes for any given area. There haven't been that many 4+ quakes in that area from what I saw, so it's somewhat significant...
Link to USGS Tool

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Florissant, Missouri. Woke me up but not sure of the time.

I sleep on a lower level and I was awakened by what I thought was my son dragging a kitchen chair across the floor upstairs. A stuttering, bumping noise that went on for (it seemed) a long time. Then the house was gently swaying. It all stopped and I went back to sleep.

The animals were NOT worried or affected by this at all.

I reported it to the USGS website and I urge everyone who felt or heard something to go to their website and fill out the form. It takes 30 seconds and lets them know we felt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join