It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake 4.2 Missouri

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I live in Central Iowa also.....I didn't hear or feel anything but I did happen to wake up at about 4:15 am......early for me...I normally sleep until 6:30.....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
How weird!!
I took a nap for bout an hour and woke up around that time!
I live in Kalifornia!!!
And I thought it was just my having to go pee.
Well maybe it was just that as I felt no shake.

California had a 3.4 in the LA area yesterday, could that have woken you? My friends there felt it.
edit on 7-6-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
Hum and can it be related to :
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
?

Update :
Space Weather Message Code: ALTTP4
Serial Number: 334
Issue Time: 2011 Jun 07 0652 UTC

ALERT: Type IV Radio Emission
Begin Time: 2011 Jun 07 0626 UTC

And, here is the description for the type IV radio emission alert:

R4 Severe

HF Radio: : HF radio communication blackout on most of the sunlit side of Earth for one to two hours. HF radio contact lost during this time.

Navigation: Outages of low-frequency navigation signals cause increased error in positioning for one to two hours. Minor disruptions of satellite navigation possible on the sunlit side of Earth.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

AH! That explains what happened to our internet connection yesterday! I was all flustered because we kept losing it for periods of time!

In any case, perhaps related, perhaps not:
I am one of those who hears "the hum" and yesterday it was very strong, after a while of being quiet. I don't know what that means, only that right before some major catastrophies in the world, the pattern has been that it is strong a couple of days before.....
edit on 7-6-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Is this the area where the Army Corps of Engineers flooded on purpose recently?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I live right dab in the middle of the New Madrid Fault. Dead center between St. Louis and Memphis. Didn't hear or feel anything. Now I feel all left out! LOL J/K!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No the area that was flooded by the Corpse was down near the the top of the Missouri Bootheel. In Mississippi County.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It knocked a light fixture down which is now hanging by a wire in one of the rooms of our house in Arkansas.

Here is a photo of what it did in my house in Arkansas. It's on my facebook page.
www.facebook.com...

edit on 7-6-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Didn't feel it. Tho it might have happened just as a train was going by. I live two blocks from the tracks and at times they can vibrate the house. Depending on their speed and weight.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Also I live on a ridge. That might have adsorbed some of the vibrations from it. Don't know. I was awake and at my computer and never noticed it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I use Google Earth to watch earthquakes and noticed the 4.2 this morning. I did a historical search of earthquakes for the area using a great tool from the USGS which allows you to create a Google Earth Map of earthquakes for any given area. There haven't been that many 4+ quakes in that area from what I saw, so it's somewhat significant...
Link to USGS Tool

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Florissant, Missouri. Woke me up but not sure of the time.

I sleep on a lower level and I was awakened by what I thought was my son dragging a kitchen chair across the floor upstairs. A stuttering, bumping noise that went on for (it seemed) a long time. Then the house was gently swaying. It all stopped and I went back to sleep.

The animals were NOT worried or affected by this at all.

I reported it to the USGS website and I urge everyone who felt or heard something to go to their website and fill out the form. It takes 30 seconds and lets them know we felt it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join