It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Earthquake 4.2 Missouri

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
About half an hour ago as I post.
By my count, 1800 tweets per hour on twitter mentioning 'earthquake', but nothing posted here yet, so i thought I might as well, since somebody will do it eventually.


Details here...
USGS




posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1
 


Really? I swear a half hour ago i felt something but i live in indiana. Weird.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


I'm in Illinois, I was having a panic attack a few minutes ago(Shaking and gasping for air) etc. I was shaking to bad to feel anything,the sun's acting up. We just had two M flares a couple hours back....



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hum and can it be related to :
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
?

Update :
Space Weather Message Code: ALTTP4
Serial Number: 334
Issue Time: 2011 Jun 07 0652 UTC

ALERT: Type IV Radio Emission
Begin Time: 2011 Jun 07 0626 UTC

And, here is the description for the type IV radio emission alert:

R4 Severe

HF Radio: : HF radio communication blackout on most of the sunlit side of Earth for one to two hours. HF radio contact lost during this time.

Navigation: Outages of low-frequency navigation signals cause increased error in positioning for one to two hours. Minor disruptions of satellite navigation possible on the sunlit side of Earth.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I know the moon has been awfully dark red lateley, ive never noticed it before though.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
stlouis.cbslocal.com...


ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - An earthquake was felt in the St. Louis-area at 3:11 a.m. Tuesday. The 4.2 magnitude tremor was centered 14 miles from Sullivan, Missouri and 51 miles from St. Louis, according to the U.S. Geological Service.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ
 


Thats a little too close for comfort.... i live bout 2 hours from st Louis.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
New Madrid Fault?



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by youwouldknow
New Madrid Fault?



Looking at the maps, it certainly seems to be on the northern edge.
edit - that is, just OFF the northern edge, not actually in it.

I also did a search of ATS threads, because there are quite a number that 'predict' earthquakes, and one particular poster who seems obsessed with it and has posted a large number of predictions.
Everyone missed it.


edit on 7-6-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by youwouldknow
New Madrid Fault?



Looking at the maps, it certainly seems to be on the northern edge.

I also did a search of ATS threads, because there are quite a number that 'predict' earthquakes, and one particular poster who seems obsessed with it and has posted a large number of predictions.
Everyone missed it.



What the hell is that supposed to mean ?
2nd.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just created an account so that I can post on this. I was awakened at 3:13 A.M. due to my house shaking and a very loud bell-ring sounding noise. I have never heard that loud of a noise before. It was unique. I immediately walked outside, heard and saw a large jet flying over. It was flying lower than other jets normally fly and slower as well (seemed that way at least). It sounded like a regular passenger plane, but it was flying a lot lower than normal. It was going directly east to west. I watch the sky a lot and this is the first time that I have seen this direct east to west path. Coincidence of the plane/jet is to be considered. I live in missouri in an area of the mark twain forest mountains. Elevation is around 920 feet above sea level. Alot of sandstone here. The skaking of the house was more than when very loud thunder causes vibration.

I live about 16 miles east of sullivan.



edit on 7-6-2011 by billmissouri because: adding some more detail



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How weird!!
I took a nap for bout an hour and woke up around that time!
I live in Kalifornia!!!
And I thought it was just my having to go pee.
Well maybe it was just that as I felt no shake.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmissouri
I just created an account so that I can post on this. I was awakened at 3:13 A.M. due to my house shaking and a very loud bell-ring sounding noise. I have never heard that loud of a noise before. It was unique. I immediately walked outside, heard and saw a large jet flying over. It was flying lower than other jets normally fly and slower as well (seemed that way at least). It sounded like a regular passenger plane, but it was flying a lot lower than normal. It was going directly east to west. I watch the sky a lot and this is the first time that I have seen this direct east to west path. Coincidence of the plane/jet is to be considered. I live in missouri in an area of the mark twain forest mountains. Elevation is around 920 feet above sea level. Alot of sandstone here. The skaking of the house was more than when very loud thunder causes vibration.

I live about 16 miles east of sullivan.



edit on 7-6-2011 by billmissouri because: adding some more detail



That is awfully strange! I didn't see/feel anything but I was just outside having a smoke and I heard this strange hum, kind of like when you take off extremely loud headphones or you get hit in the head and have that ringing sound, only I was standing outside, in total silence. I'm in Central Iowa, this occurred maybe 15 minutes ago. I got on ATS and saw this thread, and read this post, and decided to check out the NUFORC website....currently you can access the site however, when I attempt to enter it I receive an error and "server not found" message. I've never had issues with the site loading before.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Is the sound phenomenon people have witnessed akin to this? www.abovetopsecret.com...

And 4.2 is pretty small isn't it? Or could this possibly lead to something greater (or worse).



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
Is the sound phenomenon people have witnessed akin to this? www.abovetopsecret.com...

And 4.2 is pretty small isn't it? Or could this possibly lead to something greater (or worse).


What I heard wasn't what I would call "rumbling"...it was strange. It was eerily quiet but seemed all around me....it honestly kind of creeped me out....gave me an uneasy feeling and I sorta checked out the sky and looked around the yard/up and down the street/etc. And then I came in and saw this post about a 4.2 near STL (and yes a 4.2 is relatively small is it not?) and the first thing I thought of was the thread I had just read about the most recent solar activity, and then about the New Madrid Fault, and that was when I read the posts, 1 about the fault, and 1 about seeing an aircraft flying "extremely lower than usual"....I don't get eerie feelings often but the last half hour or so...I just feel strange...like I'm only awake because something noteworthy is going to happen and I don't want to wake up and be completely behind....usually don't get feelings like this...hopefully it is nothing.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This wasnt a big thing. However, most people in Missouri have not been around earthquakes. I grew up in the bay area. I lived in San Jose for both the 89 and 94 quakes. This was just a blimp. I thought I just moved in my chair wierd and that caused my chair to shake(old chair that does this if I move wierd). Suddenly friends on facebook started freaking out, but it's only a 4.2. Now the people around here have been through an earthquake and knows what it's like. I don't worry till 6-6.5.

Edit to add: When there is an earthquake it makes a weird rumbling noise. I have not been through one feelable earthquake without that noise.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Notabigdeal because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notabigdeal
This wasnt a big thing. However, most people in Missouri have not been around earthquakes. I grew up in the bay area. I lived in San Jose for both the 89 and 94 quakes. This was just a blimp. I thought I just moved in my chair wierd and that caused my chair to shake(old chair that does this if I move wierd). Suddenly friends on facebook started freaking out, but it's only a 4.2. Now the people around here have been through an earthquake and knows what it's like. I don't worry till 6-6.5.

Edit to add: When there is an earthquake it makes a weird rumbling noise. I have not been through one feelable earthquake without that noise.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Notabigdeal because: (no reason given)



I know 4.2 isn't a big quake it just warrants my attention because I don't think anybody really has a clue as to just how badly the Japan quake "affected" other faults around the world...sooner or later everything has to finish adjusting. And I am sure that rumbling accompanies most quakes. I'm in Iowa, which is why I did not hear rumbling, feel rumbling, or see anything rumbling. What I heard was approximately (at my best guess) near the same time frame as the 4.2 in Missouri. I'm merely stating that I have an odd feeling, that I did not have prior to hearing whatever I heard, and then reading the post depicting a low flying aircraft at the time of the quake. All I am getting at here.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984
 


I wasnt talking about you. You stated you were from Iowa, but another person from Missouri said they heard it.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notabigdeal
reply to post by mademyself1984
 


I wasnt talking about you. You stated you were from Iowa, but another person from Missouri said they heard it.


Dually noted. Sorry for the confusion! Cheers.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984
 


Not a problem sir.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join