It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's really none of our business

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Meh we are talking about the country that almost impeached a president for a blow job..

I totally agree however, this is all silliness. What do they expect? If the internet was around 40 years ago I'm sure we'd all be reading about how those old men sent pictures of their stuff to ladies and men all over the place.

Politicians are human, and should not be held to higher standards in their personal lives IMO. They have the right to moronic mistakes, so long as it isn't effecting actual governing performance, it's none of our business.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I actually agree with you here. He lied to the press about his personal life. Clinton however lied during a hearing and that one is not so easy for me to ignore.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

If you had Hillary for a wife, you'd probably have lied to.

I don't think he was as scared of Congress as he was of her..

On topic though I agree, that was basically him shooting himself in the foot. He'd have gotten much more respect if he'd just come out and said it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I actually agree with you here. He lied to the press about his personal life. Clinton however lied during a hearing and that one is not so easy for me to ignore.

Should Clinton have actually had to attend a "hearing" about who he sleeps with to begin with?

This is my whole problem. People "investigate" things that are none of their business. People lie, because it is none of your business. Then people try to hang them for lying, because the other thing was actually none of their business.

The fact that even one tax dime was spent asking Clinton if he got a BJ should really upset you more than his response to it. More money was spent on that than investigating 9/11. You be upset because he denied having sex in a hearing.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I think it's time we did ourselves a favor and took sex off the table as cannon fodder. I don't care which side of the ailse a politician is on, as long as they can do their job effectively then I do not care who they are sending photos to or whomever they sleep with (as long as it is legal of course). All of this is just more noise and we're letting it be a distraction.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Well I don't know, but I do know that he was engaging in activities that were unethical and even likely to get you fired from many jobs in the private sector for doing, all the while using the house the tax payer pays for to do it in.

It is not unwise to remember the charges were both Perjury and Abuse of power over the whitewater scandal which lead into the Lewinsky stuff as second charges of perjury.... not just perjury and a BJ the BJ is just what the media focused on.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Punisher75 because: Because I forgot to add...

edit on 7-6-2011 by Punisher75 because: gah for clarity.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

It’s only a lie if you get caught. If I were a public servant and I do mean that literally, I would never do such a thing as Weiner or Clinton has done. Anytime you lie, you set yourself up for blackmail.

Apparently you are ok with lying? Really?

Some say, TMI, (Too much information). If someone is serving my ward, district, or what have you. I at least, want them to be honest and upfront. I may not always agree with them, but at least I can respect their views.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join