It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned today.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

it was even weirder watching it live punisher.....so odd..for me anyhow. i was always under the impression that the Bushes were corrupt..and here was this great new change that was coming along..and he lets Bush Sr take the first position??.....yep ..those pictures told a thousand words...in my mind anyhow

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Yes, I understand that for some posters here, the discovery that there are people with opinions that differ from your own can be very shocking. After so long immersing yourself in an environment where there is a single consensus based on who yells the loudest, finding people who don't just buy anything htye hear about the guy you hate with all your might must be just shattering.

(snaps to attention) Sieg Heil comrade I don't know what your talking about! I love the fuhrer.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

it was even weirder watching it live punisher.....so odd..for me anyhow. i was always under the impression that the Bushes were corrupt..and here was this great new change that was coming along..and he lets Bush Sr take the first position??.....yep ..those pictures told a thousand words...in my mind anyhow

Yepper, meet the new boss same as the old boss. LOL
Its kind of a shame that people get so wrapped up in a candidate that they cant see that they are doing exactly the same thing as the last guy. Then they sit back and wonder why nothing changes. I blame the fluoride. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

yeah..must be the fluoride in Canada too....or the beer

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Well don't get too down, my totally non scientific studies show that people are pretty stupid everywhere you go. So....is Canada spelled with a K or C? LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Am I describing Bush or Obama?

Bailouts for banks and corporations.
Increasing both the national debt and unemployment.
Write-offs, incentives, and exemptions for corporations but not the common people.
Laws and Policies to "trade freedom for security".
War for oil and to empower central banking in the middle east.

Haha! Trick question; both! :p

I thought Obama said he would end the Iraq and Afghani wars. What happened to bringing the troops home? Troop surges, and expanded military action into Pakistan and Libya.

I thought Obama said he was going to close Guantanamo? Instead he establishes indefinite detention policies.

I thought Obama was going to be transparent? Instead it is now a crime to record police. He signs Executive Orders in secrecy instead of open policy in Bill form, and allows Bills to rush through Congress too quickly for any true debate or scrutiny.

I thought Obama was going to give universal health care. Instead it's mandatory health insurance paid by the individual, just like automobile insurance. Instead of free health care, we get government regulated death panels and medical procedure committees. While 'special' companies get exemption.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75

Well don't get too down, my totally non scientific studies show that people are pretty stupid everywhere you go. So....is Canada spelled with a K or C? LOL

depends how drunk you are.....but your'e right..people are pretty stupid everywhere you go...I would know...I'm fairly good at being stupid myself....but once in a while...I get it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Am I describing Bush or Obama?

Bailouts for banks and corporations.
Increasing both the national debt and unemployment.
Write-offs, incentives, and exemptions for corporations but not the common people.
Laws and Policies to "trade freedom for security".
War for oil and to empower central banking in the middle east.

Haha! Trick question; both! :p

I thought Obama said he would end the Iraq and Afghani wars. What happened to bringing the troops home? Troop surges, and expanded military action into Pakistan and Libya.

I thought Obama said he was going to close Guantanamo? Instead he establishes indefinite detention policies.

I thought Obama was going to be transparent? Instead it is now a crime to record police. He signs Executive Orders in secrecy instead of open policy in Bill form, and allows Bills to rush through Congress too quickly for any true debate or scrutiny.

I thought Obama was going to give universal health care. Instead it's mandatory health insurance paid by the individual, just like automobile insurance. Instead of free health care, we get government regulated death panels and medical procedure committees. While 'special' companies get exemption.

Kudos Friend! You pretty much nailed it there. =) Now if only we can dig a tunnel to get out of this labor camp and sneak past Colonel Klink we might have a chance! (Hogans Heroes Reference for those who don't know...)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

depends how drunk you are.....but your'e right..people are pretty stupid everywhere you go...I would know...I'm fairly good at being stupid myself....but once in a while...I get it.

There is no humor like self depreciating humor... well except for when you can get away with making fun of people smaller than you. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

A lot of different people post on these threads.

And the issue of the President could be more complicated than some state.

To say any President is a puppet is quite valid in a lot of ways. But the political scene at that level isn't totally predictable. It's like there could be more than one puppeteer trying to pull on the same strings. There is always the possibility that the "puppet," actually being a living person, could manage to convince one puppeteer that he was maintaining good control of "his" puppet when in fact that might not totally be the case.

For instance, why is Obama saying he's going to reduce troop levels in Afghanistan? And why is he trying to keep troops out of the most recent Africa-Mideast struggles? For that matter, why did he want to be able to make Bin Laden's death believable? I'm not sure whose agendas these actions fit into, even if they are just for show.

The huge problem for us is that it doesn't seem like it is possible for anyone at those levels to be truthful about anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
We share the same view
i though Obama would be the complete opposite of Bush
now he is worst .. I WAS DECEIVED

nice avatar btw .. i had exactly the same one when i started on ATS
i upgraded it a little bit

s&f
edit on 6/7/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

For instance, why is Obama saying he's going to reduce troop levels in Afghanistan? And why is he trying to keep troops out of the most recent Africa-Mideast struggles? For that matter, why did he want to be able to make Bin Laden's death believable? I'm not sure whose agendas these actions fit into, even if they are just for show.

The huge problem for us is that it doesn't seem like it is possible for anyone at those levels to be truthful about anything.

Well from what I read about keeping troops out, that is not entirely true. The CIA was reported as being in Libya working with the "rebels" before they became "rebels" months before the whole thing blew up. As far as making Bin Laden death believable, I would assume because eventually "Emmanuel Goldstein" has to die. As dumbed down as we are we are not going to believe a man who was on his death bed since the mid 90's is going to live forever LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

s&f

Thanks! I would love to take credit but alas... =(

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

s&f

Thanks! I would love to take credit but alas... =(

S&F is the credits

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

For instance, why is Obama saying he's going to reduce troop levels in Afghanistan?

Obama sent a surge of an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan.

And why is he trying to keep troops out of the most recent Africa-Mideast struggles?

Obama has authorized increased military strikes inside of Pakistan since he took office.
Obama launched an unjustified war with Libya. Reason: Oil, Gold Dinar Standard, Central Bank.

For that matter, why did he want to be able to make Bin Laden's death believable?

• Burial at sea is NOT an Islamic practice. Something's fishy.

• U.S. officials reasoned the burial at sea because they feared bin Laden's grave would become a shrine. Saddam Hussein's body was given to his family for burial, what's the difference?

• Abbottabad, the city bin Laden was found hiding, is on the opposite side of the country from the Arabian Sea. So the U.S. military flew bin laden all the way across the country just to give him a sea burial?

• Where's the real proof that bin Laden was killed recently outside of all this bologna and funny business?

• Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto and former U.S. deputy secretary Steve R. Pieczenik said bin Laden was killed in 2001. Seems more realistic because bin Laden has not been seen even in footage after 2001. Where's the body, where's the pics, where's the footage?

You answered your own questions:

"The huge problem for us is that it doesn't seem like it is possible for anyone at those levels to be truthful about anything."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Obama is worse.

With Bush, you knew what you were getting.

With Obama, you voted for one thing and got something totally different. That's deception. Bait and switch. Plain and simple.

I love it when dumb folk like yourself come out to claim this and that, all the while pretending you have political insight. Using words such as "bait and switch", "plain and simple", "deception". You must be an expert right.

Tell me, what do you think of Bush's non-interventionism he promised while running for president?

Know what I learned today? That people will bash Obama because he's Obama.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I love it when dumb folk like yourself come out to claim this and that, all the while pretending you have political insight. Using words such as "bait and switch", "plain and simple", "deception". You must be an expert right.

Tell me, what do you think of Bush's non-interventionism he promised while running for president?

Know what I learned today? That people will bash Obama because he's Obama.

Well actually its not as if he/she was praising Bush by any stretch ya know? As an aside, lets try to not just start right out calling people dumb, I mean its one thing to disagree with someone but to to come out of the gate calling people dumb is kinda trolling amigo. I mean disagreeing with their view point is fine but saying things like "dumb people like you" tend to pretty much promise that the rest of the thread turns into a flame fest of other posters and not the topic of the thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

See, next time before you make a post without thinking, make sure it's not me you're replying to

Well actually its not as if he/she was praising Bush by any stretch ya know?

I present you with:

With Bush, you knew what you were getting.

Alright so that is already praising Bush over Obama. Why? Because with Bush you knew what you were getting. Quite a simple and forward statement right?

As an aside, lets try to not just start right out calling people dumb

Why not? They are obviously trying their very hardest to be acknowledged as such. Especially when they forget about Bush's promises in order to bash Obama.

I mean its one thing to disagree with someone but to to come out of the gate calling people dumb is kinda trolling amigo.

Yeh of course it is to people who don't THINK. Say, what do you really understand about human behavior? You know, motives to speak and such...motives to incite and all...please do tell.

I mean disagreeing with their view point is fine but saying things like "dumb people like you" tend to pretty much promise that the rest of the thread turns into a flame fest of other posters and not the topic of the thread.

Yes, of course, the person pointing out the stupid ignorant dumb posts is the one who starts the flame wars. Not the person who either deliberately posts out of ignorance BECAUSE of a personal belief about a politician.

Take a look at other posts I've made, whom certain ignorant people referred to as trolling as well. Then try to read carefully what others are posting and you'll see who the real trolls are. They are the clueless people posting. I have some people reading skills and I use that here in order to out those that are obviously spouting disinformation and other bull, and so far, I've been right more than I've been wrong, I'll leave you to do the guessing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
well I don't exactly see that as support. its kinda like saying I support being burned because I know that the pan is hot and so is the fire.

As far as the rest of your post, I am really not going to bother, just because you did not want to be called out for being simply rude for no other reason than you not liking what someone has to say or how they said it. It has no bearing to the topic of the thread in anyway, other than to create an environment in which someone feels unwelcome in there view and the expression of it.

So revel in this as being one of the apparently rare times of you being wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What I have learned today is that apparently some people still really... really... really... like Obama. I would have figured that by now they would have seen through his crap, and it would have dawned on them that he is as bad, if not worse as Bush was. (Of course this assumes that you the reader hold my view that Bush was not a real great POTUS.)
I find it odd however that this view is so prevalent on this particular board considering that the general theme of this place is, "Don't trust the Government and question everything." I wonder how the two are reconciled.

What is it that you don't like about Obama?

hmmm, "Don't trust the Government and question everything".. That is an interesting statement and it says alot. First of all, it's a simple attitude of rebellion. Which means that you'll be more inclined to believe information supporting your rebellious nature than information oppossing it. This is known as Confirmation Bias and makes finding the truth nearly impossible.

Secondly, I would like to think that the general theme of this website is simply "deny ignorance". How can you deny ignorance without objectivity? You've already said that you don't like Obama. Do you let your dislike of Obama fuel your posts? Your search for truth? Are you seeking information to support your belief that Obama is bad? Or are you seeking the truth?

However, I do like Obama and sometimes I catch myself seeking information to support my belief as well. It's very sneaky the way our brains want to be right! But, I usually catch myself and don't grant myself the satisfaction of believing something just because it supports my belief. I would rather hold the truth in my hands than satisfy my ego.

edit on 7-6-2011 by brianmg5 because: Grammer

edit on 7-6-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join