It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned today.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What I have learned today is that apparently some people still really... really... really... like Obama. I would have figured that by now they would have seen through his crap, and it would have dawned on them that he is as bad, if not worse as Bush was. (Of course this assumes that you the reader hold my view that Bush was not a real great POTUS.)
I find it odd however that this view is so prevalent on this particular board considering that the general theme of this place is, "Don't trust the Government and question everything." I wonder how the two are reconciled.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

Obama is worse.

With Bush, you knew what you were getting.

With Obama, you voted for one thing and got something totally different. That's deception. Bait and switch. Plain and simple.

Sure! Whatever!

edit on 7-6-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Point very well taken. LOL
Of course you must be careful when being critical of das fuhrer his brown shirts come out of the woodwork to defend him from time to time, and will remind you that he is not the only craptacular president we have had, and that somehow that absolves him of his stupid wrongheaded ideas and actions. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
they got a word for that.

its called hypocrisy condone things and condemn the same things it just depends on whose in power.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Everybody loves a good con man! President Obama is, without a doubt, one of the best! He sold the majority, in this country, "change and transparency". He has kept his promises! Things have changed for the worse, and I can certainly see right through him! Those that can't, are "blinded by love".

See ya, Milt

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
they got a word for that.

its called hypocrisy condone things and condemn the same things it just depends on whose in power.

Shhhhhh, we must be silent my friend, I think I hear goose stepping now. (Hides in the attic with Anne Frank)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Good point.

I say..."bring it on."!

If there is such a thing as a "FEMA list", you can bet I'm on there.

My attitude?

“A coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once.” Taken from Shaekespeare's Julius Ceaser

Seriously. I mean it!

"As virtuous men pass mildly away, And whisper to their souls to go, Whilst some of their sad friends do say, "Now his breath goes," and some say, "No."

Peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I dont understand you do realize that Obama isn't in control the lobbyists are. It's not Obama's fault Reagan destroyed our country, and I would never say he's worse than George W. He was INCREDIBLY dumb lol there's no comparison between the two.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
I dont understand you do realize that Obama isn't in control the lobbyists are. It's not Obama's fault Reagan destroyed our country, and I would never say he's worse than George W. He was INCREDIBLY dumb lol there's no comparison between the two.

No No I do understand trust me, I also understand that Obama is as much of a puppet to the Military Industrial Complex as Reagan was as well. As far as him being as stupid as Bush... in the words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I learned today that people still think politics even matters. lol don't you people understand they are here to make you feel important, make you feel like you have a say in something when in reality you don't and never have? Its all brainwashing. Maybe im the brainwashed one. But what I just said makes more sense than anything politics ever say.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No man I agree 100 % check out wanttoknow.info great website.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Obama is worse.

With Bush, you knew what you were getting.

With Obama, you voted for one thing and got something totally different. That's deception. Bait and switch. Plain and simple.

With Bush we knew what we were getting for his second term, but for his first I, and many others, thought we were getting the man that was the former governor of Texas. That man was respected, smart, sensible, and knew how to skirt politics and make things work for the people. He wasn't perfect as governor, but the man we got was vastly different.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I was always under the assumption that the president has little power and control. And that no matter who is president at the time, as long as the same stubborn idiots remain in congress or whatever, little to nothing will change. Also, a lot of people overlook their local state government and only focus on the president like he is the ONLY one who can do anything. And I'm not trying to make excuses for the man, I just think of this as a possibility and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Obama might have run for and later entered office with every intention to follow through with his words and that those stuffy bums in congress are the ones preventing him from doing so. "If you think you can just waltz in here and do what you want, you can forget that buddy! We're in charge! You are just rep and a body people can place blame on." I wonder though, if every citizen actually got off their bums and really pushed for change, if it would happen. We do have that right. Way too many people have forgotten that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawny2222
I was always under the assumption that the president has little power and control. And that no matter who is president at the time, as long as the same stubborn idiots remain in congress or whatever, little to nothing will change. Also, a lot of people overlook their local state government and only focus on the president like he is the ONLY one who can do anything. And I'm not trying to make excuses for the man, I just think of this as a possibility and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Obama might have run for and later entered office with every intention to follow through with his words and that those stuffy bums in congress are the ones preventing him from doing so. "If you think you can just waltz in here and do what you want, you can forget that buddy! We're in charge! You are just rep and a body people can place blame on." I wonder though, if every citizen actually got off their bums and really pushed for change, if it would happen. We do have that right. Way too many people have forgotten that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well you would have been right a few years ago, however times have changed Congress is damn near ceremonial at this point thanks to the war powers act and the federal reserve act. As far as State rights go... well that pretty much went the way of the Dodo as well. One need look no further than Texas and there recent run in with the TSA to see that. Not to mention that as time has gone on a bunch of morons in years past have allowed the states to become dependent on Federal money basicly leading the states into various levels of indebted servitude to Federal Government.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oh not to leave my last post on a down note so.... Big Brother Loves You.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991

You honestly believe that? Obama was a hand picked ,and groomed for this job by the TPTB.

Remember right after he got elected..when they had all 5 past presidents take a pic in the white house oval office ?

Didn't anyone here find it odd..that Bush Sr was in the first position ..though he really should have been between Carter and Clinton ? I remember watching that photo shoot live on that day..and I swear Obama seemed like he was in awe of Bush SR. I was thinking..what the ???

Here's a link to one of those pics ..there are none with that one look he had looking at Bush Sr though..that was in the live footage

tvnz.co.nz...

Point I am getting at ..is the picture kinda shows you who is really still in power behind the scenes..and it has nothing to do with any political party...its about the global elite ..and the TPTB

edit on 7-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Your Link ain't working.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

try it now
that other one wasn't working ..made a new one

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

try it now
that other one wasn't working ..made a new one

LOL your right he does kinda look awe struck don't he? its like he is looking at his favorite uncle or something. LOL
Poor Jimmy is all over there by himself.... no one likes Carter. LOL
edit on 7-6-2011 by Punisher75 because: just to add...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yes, I understand that for some posters here, the discovery that there are people with opinions that differ from your own can be very shocking. After so long immersing yourself in an environment where there is a single consensus based on who yells the loudest, finding people who don't just buy anything htye hear about the guy you hate with all your might must be just shattering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join