It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist arrested, held on $50k bond for exposing gov. corruption

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

And the reason why this law was made? To stop the exposure of their corruption in this manner. This is blatant abuse of the law, if they are doing something wrong then it is the DUTY of a witness to do something about it. Do you honestly think the cops would have done anything? Do you honestly think complaining would do anything? This was the only way and it takes real guts to do something like this, especially when you know you'll be carted off to hell.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by Punisher75

A citizen cannot record one of his employees, who is comitting a crime?
hahahaha Id like to say only in America, alas its every where. What a crazy world.

Oh I totally agree with that opinion, in the private sector but in the office of a public official I don't know that I would agree to that line of reasoning because they are paid by the tax payer.
As I mentioned it is not recording the person so much as recording the office the person holds, solely in the name of the publics (who is paying here) confidence. Think the White House Tapes here. (See Nixon etc)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sucks for the guy ... sucks for everyone else since no one has a copy of this youtube vid.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
He was arrested for ILLEGALLY taping the call. Everything after that may be true, but he was slapped for illegally taping a call without giving notice the other party was being taped.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ya know I use to remember a time
back in the 80's, early 90's when there
were community watch programs
in almost every state.

These programs got normal citizens
actively involved with crime fighting
by watching, recording and reporting.

Now, it is illegal to record.

My !!! how times have changed.
The Police have now become
the criminals.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did anyone on the planet manage to download and save this youtube vid? If so, can we find it and post it on here? Anonymously, of course....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
“It is better to watch things then to do them.”
Homer Simpson

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Did anyone on the planet manage to download and save this youtube vid? If so, can we find it and post it on here? Anonymously, of course....

same here...
2nd line

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by armtx
He was arrested for ILLEGALLY taping the call. Everything after that may be true, but he was slapped for illegally taping a call without giving notice the other party was being taped.

You are not understanding the point. Why can our government do this to us but we can't do it to our government? It should be the other way around, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
ya know I use to remember a time
back in the 80's, early 90's when there
were community watch programs
in almost every state.

These programs got normal citizens
actively involved with crime fighting
by watching, recording and reporting.

Now, it is illegal to record.

My !!! how times have changed.
The Police have now become
the criminals.

Well things have changed. Have you ever heard of Infragard?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i think everyone should here the tape if he is prisoned, if the tape never gets properly out then he should be set free.

How can we know if the prison time is justified if we dont know what was said, the conversation could have been about what fabric softener they use for all we know.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
No, according to the article he was arrested for illegally recording a private telephone conversation and then posting it online with out permission.

Yep, he exposed something very obvious.... And he did so illegally...

I wonder... Was it worth it?

if the only way to catch a criminal who is harming others, is to commit a crime which only harms the criminal, then yes i'd say that is worth it,

dude should have made sure his file was spread round enough to not be censorable before uploading it,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Time to start prefacing every phone conversation, kinda like the cable company.

"This call may be recorded for quality assurance."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've always wondered why its illegal to videotape encounters with police officers who are on duty. I can understand it leading to on-the-job harassment in a FEW cases, but why hasn't anyone challenged this? Its total bull#. Its obvious its in place to protect corrupt cops.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you had exsposed a terroist plot.
he would be a Hero.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join