It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Cartels are preparing for war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is very interesting, the Mexican Cartels are preparing for a bigger war, the question is, against who? Is it against the army, to topple the regime, or something more sinister. We can only assume.

The Mexican military have found over hundred home made armored trucks also called 'tanks'. They have holes on the sides where gunmen from inside can shoot, like armored vehicles used in war.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/388a1d5639d5.jpg[/atsimg]

The 'tanks' have a one inch thick steel plate, although nothing compared to the Mexican Army's tanks, they still indicate that a greater war is coming, and the Cartels are preparing for it.

Over 37,000 people have been killed since 2006, but I suspect this is just a low level war. I believe it will get bigger, and a sinister plan is at hand.

More and more protests are seen in Mexico against the government's declaration of war against drugs, but maybe the protesters know something we don't? Maybe they know something big is coming and they want to bring peace before the monster is unleashed.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It seems as if Mexico has gone post apocolyptia with their make-shift tanks. Perhaps things will get to a point of a full blown war with military involvement. Kind of makes you wonder if this is another provoked land grab that seems to be taking place all over the planet.

At the same time you have to wonder what caused the escalation in gang-related violence. Why are things so horrible in Mexico that "drug Cartels" are driving around in home made tanks? I guess all anyone can do is wait and see how the situation plays out.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The United States seriously needs to dig its own version of the Panama Canal and shut off all trade with Mexico immediately. Mexico is the single biggest security threat my country faces right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
when the US Dollar crashes and the US Revolution
starts, you will probably see lots of these cross over
the US Border in an attempt to re-take Texas.
They already have 12 Million Mexican Soldiers
in the US already aka Illegal Immigrants.
Same tactic used in Normandy with the
airborne drops before the invasion.
And don't forget about the 3 Chinese
Armored Battalions already in Mexico.
They could penetrate as far as Omaha
before they could be engaged.
just my 2 pence

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

is not that they are preparing to topple the regime, the police force has stepped up by creating a federal police with psuedomilitary structure, and also heavier involvement by the mexican army. these "tanks" were created to fight the police/military/drug rivals. these drug cartels have become more ruthless and violent to control that very same market that makes them millionaires.
check this page daily to follow up on the violence Blog del Narco

mexicans protest against violence in general, the war has killed many people and they are tired of it.

P.S. may i rant on the side by saying that i hate when the united states criticize the drug conflict in mexico, when the appetitie for drugs in the US is fueling this conflict.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
that thing got any a/c?

looks a little hot to be inside in a fire fight.

lol, looks cool tho.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

mexicans are not really intrested in texas or any of the border states.. yes you have illegal immigration but it is not with the intent of creating an uprising, basically people go where there is money to be made..

to think that they would try to make azltan or some other stupidness is pathetic.. and american fearing that is like saying aryan brotherhood will take over the country.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
that thing got any a/c?

looks a little hot to be inside in a fire fight.

lol, looks cool tho.

Funny you ask, because it does

The air-conditioned armored vehicles had portholes mounted on them so that snipers could open them to fire from inside and remain protected.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannikilla13

mexicans are not really intrested in texas or any of the border states.. yes you have illegal immigration but it is not with the intent of creating an uprising, basically people go where there is money to be made..

to think that they would try to make azltan or some other stupidness is pathetic.. and american fearing that is like saying aryan brotherhood will take over the country.

how naive you must be.
Have you not seen the videos of
illegal immigrants in the US flying the
Mexican Flag instead of the US Flag.
We know EXACTLY where their loyalty lies

And it ain't with America or being a citizen here.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

shutting of trade with mexico would be unwise because manufacturing product that are consumed in the US are built in mexico..

and seriously ...a canal... mexicans can swim .... and walls ..well they know how to use ropes, pulleys and ..the great invention... ladders..

sorry for the sarcasm

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dannikilla13

I think I agree with you, mainly because most of US oil imports come from Canada and Mexico.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

just like irish americans wave irish flags...
or southerners wave the confederate flag....
or swiss immigrants wave their swiss flags...(i live in a swiss community)
not necessarly taking over the land...

edit on 7-6-2011 by dannikilla13 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dannikilla13

I'm just giving a different perspective in to the events, it might be more than what it seems, or what they want us to believe.

These tanks are not really useful against the military, they are only useful in a state of chaos, when the hands of the military and the military style police is tied on too many corners. That is why I assumed that something bigger might be coming, a bigger war maybe, or something even more sinister etc..

Once again, just a thought, or you can call it a possibility.
edit on 7-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

i have lived in mexico.. a live close to the border...
these are make shift tanks and are not to be seen out on the street unless planned...
frankly these are made out of desperation to male a cheap armored vehicle
drug lords use armored suvs for their low profile...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yes I think about 3 Drunk Texans could take em on, Don't worry about the Chinese our women take them out np

LMAO for real A bunch of Mexicans in some homemade piece crap Gonna take Texas out with the help of a few Chinese haha to funny...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

not necessarly taking over the land...

edit on 7-6-2011 by dannikilla13 because: grammar

Considering the fact that Texas is an occupied territory of Mexico, when opportunity comes, opportunists will take the opportunity, and the Cartel are the biggest opportunists of them all, not to mention the huge Mexican community within the US borders.
edit on 7-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So what your saying is, there is a good chance I can shoot people and get away with it? Sounds too good to be true whats your angle!?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I bet somebody could make a dope movie about this armored truck war that might break out soon. Haven't they been at war though? Or does the government just completely ignore the Cartel's now and let them do their own thing? I'm a little in the dark here

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

not necessarily taking over the land...

let's re-hash a Condi Rice statement.

Let's not wait for the smoking gun to
appear as mushroom cloud (raised Mexican Flag).

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

frankly your argument providing a false analogy with 12 million mexican soldier AKA illegal immigrants it would be
such a fallicious statement to say the thousands of american soldiers AKA spring breakers have inflitrated cancun, and los cabos,

please if you are going to use rhetoric, use it properly

i apologize if i offended you

<<   2  3 >>

join