It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women destroyed the economy!!! This should be interesting :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Did "the modern women" destroy the economy as we once knew it and by domino effect cause a negative effect on society as a whole? 

I'm not saying this is my personal belief structure, but it was explained to me once, and it is at least an interesting conversation/debate! 

It was once common for the "women" to stay home and take care of the household chores. 

The man worked and brought home the bacon, so to speak. 

The average household was single income, with the only exception being, homosexual households, which were also far less common.

Then came the feminists, equal rights, and such. 

Women started getting careers, which increased "those" households income. 

Now even though some households remained single income, the increase in dual income housing caused an unnatural spike in inflation. 

The more houses doubling their income without the steady inflation in the average salaries matching this increase, caused single income families to have below average total income. 

Families with two incomes forced the housing markets to increase (and food, gas, etc...) at an unnatural rate, thus forcing single income homes to become dual income homes. 

As a result, America became faster paced in all. Rushing kids to daycares, spending less time in the home, and depending on fast-food and other unhealthy alternative food choices. 

Once 1-2 hours, sometimes up to 6 hours for a family dinner was totally acceptable, now 15 minutes in the microwave is a pain in the butt! 

This caused America to become obese and unhealthy! 

Lack of family time, means less family values... Increased social behavioral disorders, decreased emotional experiences, desensitized children/adults. 

Leading to increased crime rates, increased divorced rates, etc... The list goes on and on! 

The numbers do back up this theory btw!!! 

Think about it, how many single income families do you still know? Do you think you could pull it off? 

Let the battle begin! 

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think this video explains it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It conveniently ignores that many women actually were employed before the feminists came about. The one-earner thing was strictly for the upper 30 or 40%. The rest of society has a long tradition of women being employed. It's just that they tended to do jobs that weren't strictly on-the-books like a lot of men's jobs were.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Lol love it!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Straight off the bat I gotta say mate... You're game haha!
In response to the info you supplied it is an interesting view but im of a surviving single parent, single income family and I will say it is possible and we live quite comfortably but not entirely. It is hard to afford luxuries but at the end of the day who needs them. Doing without such things affords me to spend more time with the kids because they're not distracted by technology as such. Oh and I cook each night (well try to cook, normally overcook haha)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Although I don't personally agree with this thought process, I gotta say... I call bs to your entirely made-up statistic! As you probably know 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Our great grandparents, almost all of them were single income!

Their parents and so on, even most of our grandparents!

It was far less common for dual income and that's a fact!

Today, the single income family is by far the minority!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The only way i think women have destroyed the economy is by some becoming a boss of a business just to smooth their feminist ego but not putting the business first..........quite a few business have gone down this road but of course,i am not speaking about all female bosses.
Also women seem to be having less children and some late in life which can harm the economy as well as the future of a nation.

China employs a lot women and look how well they are doing though

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My husband supplies the only income for our household (i get a small amount from the government, cause of our son.. 100 bucks) and I babysit for a friend every now and then, but we're REALLY trying to stick it out until our son is in Kindergarten this fall.
I'm REALLY looking forward to getting a job, money wise AND lifewise, (social), but I have been in retail all my life, and for what i make, it wouldn't be worth it to pay daycare.. so we're scrimping.
Anyway, on my husbands small wages (under $20/hour.. too much under), we're JUST scrimping by.. almost enough so we have to go to the food bank.. which I ReALLY don't want to do.. :
Sux!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

I give you props and I mean that! What you do is very difficult and the minority by far. Most single parents end up moving back in with their parents for support!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but 50 years ago, it would have been much easier!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This would be like someone saying,take the woman out the workforce,watch the GDP soar.

For every two guys who graduate from college or get a higher degree, three women do. This is almost the exact opposite of the graduation ratio that existed when the baby boomers entered college. Studies have consistently shown that a college degree pays off in much higher wages over a lifetime, and even in many cases for entry-level positions. "These women haven't just caught up with the guys," says Chung. "In many cities, they're clocking them."
Workplace Salaries: At Last, Women on Top

Sorry,not buying it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

lol. My grandmothers and great aunts worked in textile mills, as did many of their friends, in the days well before the women's lib stuff. One income was for plant managers and such, not the ordinary working class people. Maybe things were different in other parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not buying it? You just confirmed it!

Women started working increasing household salaries... Now your saying they are making more... Increasing household salaries!

It'd be fine I'd we switched, girls work and guys stay home...

But no, dual income houses forces more and more houses to become dual income! Thus proving my (and by my, I mean the people who actual believe this) point of view!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I agree that in the past it would have been much easier. I've seen first hand a friend of mine succumb to the pressure that these situations can create. I did seek support from my parents for a time so you're spot on with that and my stability now has come from alot of hard work and a great deal of luck also. Its becoming increasingly more difficult for dual income families to stay afloat so that gives an indication as to how much more difficult it is for sole earners. Like I said hard work teamed with luck is my story of success.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've heard this theory before, and it's almost always by the same type of man who blames women for pretty much everything. My thoughts are that if we have such power, then perhaps men should step aside and let us run things because women are obviously the superior sex in that situation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

congratulations on what you have found about TPTB.

it is not only happening in USA. all over the world it is the same. women do outside job or force their husbands to follow as they say.

there is nothing such as equal rights. I mean , as they found that they have been held far from their rights , they begin to start a war and they start to force their husbands.

this is what MSM has been working on from log ago.

they have taken the roll of upbringing from the mothers , so that MSM is rolling for upbringing .

the longer it takes for people to know about TPTB or MSM or anything , the better.
edit on 7/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Well that's egotistical to the least... For starters, I'm not one of those men and could easily dispute this concept if I wanted to. And probably will if to many start to agree with my thread.

But your statement that this means women are better, is ridiculous! Im not saying men are better earners or women are better earners, that's not even being debated.

The problem is dual income!

If women started working and men stayed home, then this problem never would have occured!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I think that you would agree with me, if I say that women are attracted to buy things more than men.

they do so because most of them are not familiar with outside jobs. they don't know that there are limited resources outside in urban life

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
When I was a child if your mother worked outside of the home your family was looked down on by the community. Nowdays if a mother DOESN'T work outside the home you are frowned on by the community. I think that there are many women who would love the opportunity to stay at home and raise their own children instead of letting daycare do it, but in most cases it is fiscally impossible. And with the divorce rate being what it is there are just too many single parent households to allow that luxury.

We currently have two grown children moved back at home, one of them with a child. It's a tough world out there and it's getting more expensive to live in it every day! Many women don't have any support from the fathers of their children and are forced to work more than one job just to provide the necessities for their kids. This isn't a new concept- it has just become the more prevalent situation in our society.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Confirms nothing. If it does confirm anything,it confirms that the old adage"barefoot and pregnant" is still alive and kicking,and sexist thinking is alive and well. You do know humans have evolved ? You also know "man" has run the world for ages,and lets see,have almost brought us to the brink of ruin,many times? WW1,WW2,etc.... This type of thinking is no different then extreme feminist talk.

Still not buying it.
edit on 7-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

HaHaHa! Hilarious video!

Sad reality, but true! lol!

Nah, to be fair! women didn't destroy the economy soley by themselves, greedy men did!

Women were mainly just following their instinct & shopping genes AND the invented social programming codes which these greedy bastards has nurtured and constructed the perfect environment for.

:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join