It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time to put an end to the word proof in titles, unless you actually have proof

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Almost every day on here there is a new thread with the word PROOF in the title. You click on the thread and lo and behold the "proof" is either a link to another site, usually someones blog, or a youtube video made by someone who will spin the details in a way that makes his point while not talking about other points that proove the claim false. This is not proof. Call it fear mongering call it an agenda or call it someones 15 minutes of fame. No matter how you slice it there is no proof, just someones opinion.

So what would constitute as proof. Personally since i like the scientific method how about for starters we classify proof as something where the data can be repeated by almost anyone. Maybe proof can be links to scholarly journals that have been peer reviewed and a consensus is that the findings are true.

The motto of this website has been deny ignorance, yet threads that claim proof and then offer none is very ignorant.

Deny ignorance and deny false proof.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
PROOF!!! is easier to spell than evidence. And it's so much more catchy and sensational, don't you think?

Good luck with this. Many before you have tried to make this distinction to no avail. S&F from me though, because you didn't capitalize "proof" in your title. Thank you.
edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Haha really, I've read 3 threads today claiming they've had 'Proof', which turned out to just be unfounded opinions.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

lol I thought about it, but better judgement prevailed. I agree evidence can be difficult to spell but they could simply just put theory in place of proof, thats easy to spell and in the end that is all that is in the thread, a theory. That would make everything much more tolerable.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Crazy! I was thinking of starting my own thread on this very subject. Why? Because I have the proof to back up my proof, and I can prove it!

Seriously though, I hear you. Proof...what a strange little word. I prefer my "proof" in regards to alcohol proof. 80, 90 proof, etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I like 'proof' in the titles. It's always a good indicator that the thread is going to be a complete waste of time.

The one's that say "I'm not sure about this" are the ones that are scary....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And the ones that start "Its Official:..."
arent either.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I like 'proof' in the titles. It's always a good indicator that the thread is going to be a complete waste of time.

The one's that say "I'm not sure about this" are the ones that are scary....

Boncho, you almost made me spit my soda out. The worst part is, you're right.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I feel really dumb, because I could not think of the other catch phrase that has been thrown around. Thank you for pointing it out for me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The crazy shi+ starts out like "And so it begins........."
The people who say they have proof have nothing and the ones who say that have no proof make perfect common sense. It's crazy actually that people are that deluded about their "Imaginary" proof.
It needs to end S & F OP, you deserve it.

This alternitive news site is the only one that makes the most common sense out of all of them but when I see those topics; I die a little on the inside.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yes that was definately a great line. If there is ever a book of great quotes from abovetopsecret.com that one needs to be in there.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Boncho, you almost made me spit my soda out. The worst part is, you're right.

I'm actually dreading the day when someone posts a thread saying:

"I'm not sure about this.... but my neighbor just disemboweled my family and I think he's a zombie."

There's been so many Zombie 'proof' threads that have come along, when a modest one appears, I fear we're all doomed.
edit on 7-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just web-searched "absloute proof".... That was funny!

ATS threads came up in the top five of page 1.

Also to find proof of anything is almost fruitless as skeptics will always question anything before them. "The sky is green and the grass is blue", that type of thing just to argue.

The only thing one can do is have their facts checked and their brains engaged before commenting on said facts.

Getting people to stop putting the word "proof" on the title of their thread in order to place a "hook" it is a fools erand. Becase a true truth seeker will always take someone's proof and throw it against the wall to see if it sticks.

So in conclusion... I agree!

Hey people stop putting the worg "proof" in your thread titles so we don't have to read your silly opinion!

There OP.... I got your back on this one! S&F from me too!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I almost wrote the same thread.. most posts with proof in the title end up being utter nonsense.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sadly I dont see an end to this anytime soon. With comet elenin coming in, no thats not a typo i said comet and i mean comet, and 2012 coming I fear it will only get worse. Maybe after we are all alive and have nothing to talk about on December 22 it will start to die down. Maybe someone should start a prediction thread on when the proof craze will die down.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

After comet Elenin passes, ATS will be "loosing" one of it's main topics...

Since were niggling on annoyances, I thought I would add 'loosing' in, (as opposed to losing). It always seems to pop up in the threads we are discussing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sadly I dont see an end to this anytime soon. With comet elenin coming in, no thats not a typo i said comet and i mean comet, and 2012 coming I fear it will only get worse. Maybe after we are all alive and have nothing to talk about on December 22 it will start to die down. Maybe someone should start a prediction thread on when the proof craze will die down.

Preach, I know it won't change but damn! I don't know where people get this from that's why TV writers come to conspiracy websites! That's why we see this stuff on TV.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I know it, It is a very hot topic. I wonder what will come of all the people who are so convinced that it is everything but a comet. What do you think the chances are of someone actually making a thread saying that they were wrong?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by boncho

I know it, It is a very hot topic. I wonder what will come of all the people who are so convinced that it is everything but a comet. What do you think the chances are of someone actually making a thread saying that they were wrong?

They will move on to the next doomsday scenario. My bets are on Apophis or just random devil/nazi/alien hybrids that are bent on world domination.

Personal accountability from the Elenin/Nibiru/Brown Dwarf crowd? None.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Preach, I know it won't change but damn! I don't know where people get this from that's why TV writers come to conspiracy websites! That's why we see this stuff on TV.

I bet they do, one of my friends that come here is making a comic strip having to do with reptilians, NWO, inner earth and other government black ops. Too bad he doesn't know my name to give me stars lol

Yeah, I talked about this PROOF thing yesterday in a tread, when you see the word PROOF (especially in caps), you know it's bs and the poster just want to hopefully manipulate you.

Modesty is the key to capture intelligent conspirators almost : NO PROOF, just opinion and a couple obscure connections.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join