It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Heavy elements and Bob Lazar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
FYI for your element 115 updates

www.wired.com...

Whatcha think kids, maybe 115 might be the island of stability?

cheers mob

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mobtek

as far as ive heard 115 is unstable as all radioactive synthetics eventualy will, but this one last longer than a few minutes, like urainium or carbon 14

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mobtek

Element 115...

I personally think that it's a hoax...

One thing for sure, do not invite Lazar and Friedman at the same party..

www.hyper.net...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's not too good for Lazar's claim seeing as though element 116 decays into 114/112.

Although, his 'process' might have been different...

Any-who....

Given that some new elements get the nod, they still haven't existed for any length of time. Not really lending any credence at all to what Lazar claimed.
edit on 6-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They key to making effective disinformation is to mix real info in with BS.

Is element 115 something the government really disocvered? Or was it meant to take us off the trail of another heavy element.. OR was it simply meant to take us off the trail of the real element used in cold fusion that is totally common - Nickel.

Bob lazar showed up on the scene later the same year that Pons and Fleischamn discovered cold fusion. I don't think this is a coincidence. I think it was a diversion.

Has anyone heard of Blacklight Power? They came out not long after cold fuion was discovered too.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Is element 115 something the government really disocvered?

Which government??

Yu. Ts. Oganessian, V. K. Utyonkoy, Yu. V. Lobanov, F. Sh. Abdullin, A. N. Polyakov, I. V. Shirokovsky, Yu. S. Tsyganov, G. G. Gulbekian, S. L. Bogomolov, A. N. Mezentsev, S. Iliev, V. G. Subbotin, A. M. Sukhov, A. A. Voinov, G. V. Buklanov, K. Subotic, V. I. Zagrebaev, and M. G. Itkis
Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, 141980 Dubna, Russian Federation

J. B. Patin, K. J. Moody, J. F. Wild, M. A. Stoyer, N. J. Stoyer, D. A. Shaughnessy, J. M. Kenneally, and R. W. Lougheed
University of California, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
source
edit on 7-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Bob lazar showed up on the scene later the same year that Pons and Fleischamn discovered cold fusion.

Around 1983, while they were researchers at the University of Utah, he and Stanley Pons found what they believed a way to create nuclear fusion at room temperatures.

You are thinking about the press conference. But not the "discovery".

On March 23, 1989, it was finally announced at a press conference as "a sustained nuclear fusion reaction,"[14] which was quickly labeled by the press as cold fusion

Lazar:

***** Dreamland (aka Area 51-2.ASC) *****

November 13, 1989
www.unexplainable.net...

And finally, referring to your first sentence -to quote you- (which is quite prophetic I might add)

They key to making effective disinformation is to mix real info in with BS.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mobtek

Another story in this same issue of WIRED discusses the synthesis of element 117 by "... a team led by Yuri Oganessian of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna, Russia ...". They also make the following claim regarding stable, ultra-heavy atoms:

Analyses of the radioactive decay of the new element, Oganessian’s team writes in the new paper, “represent an experimental verification for the existence of the predicted ‘Island of Stability’ for super-heavy elements.”

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bob Lazar had made a lot more sense than the constant 'no comment', something is going on. As for stability at element 115, it is interesting to see some data starting to come out. There are a lot of possible isotopes with these heavy elements so having the right one will make a difference.

It will be good to see more data start to come out on gravity waves and other techniques to beat the speed of light as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Bob Lazar had made a lot more sense than the constant 'no comment', something is going on. As for stability at element 115, it is interesting to see some data starting to come out. There are a lot of possible isotopes with these heavy elements so having the right one will make a difference.

It will be good to see more data start to come out on gravity waves and other techniques to beat the speed of light as well.

Yeah I still 'want to believe' with Lazar because it was such a great story

join