It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian TV: Security officers killed in ambush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Syrian TV: Security officers killed in ambush

english.aljazeera.net

Syria's state television says 120 members of the security force have been killed in the northern town of Jisr al-Shughour in an ambush by "armed groups".

The report on Monday said that security forces were on their way to the town in response to calls for help from residents, and they died in an ambush and an explosion at a post office.

"The armed groups are using weapons and grenades ... the people in Jisr al-Shughour are urging the army to intervene speedily," state TV said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.debka.com

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Is this the new Lybia? Armed groups are attacking security forces, while DEBKA reports that those armed groups are actually fully in control of a region, which include 3-4 towns.

Not very fond about DEBKA, but Syrian TV intrerupted the broadcast to announce that armed groups have killed 40 officers.

This is still a developing story, and things can turn out to become a sectarian war.What is really worry is that Assad might play the israeli card if there are indeed armed rebels that seized control of a number of towns and put his regime in peril.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Whats the bet this is the first operation of the newly formed Saudi/US/Israeli organised Mercenary Force for the Mid East?

I doubt civilians would be that well organsied to ambush the Syrian military.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

on what do you base that doubt?

Are Syrians not known for their military knohow?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Rumor has it Syrian forces were tipped-off to certain locations in order to engage/ target the protesters. Ambushes were set up accordingly. You kill 1,200 people... 120,000 will rise up with their thinking caps on.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
120 officers ambushed?

That’s quite an effort..

Surely Assad must realise his downfall is now inevitable

I wonder how many of these officers didnt agree with Assad and his rule and wanted to be out on the street with their fellow countrymen.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Has to be a well trained mercenary force. Even in Iraq with hundreds of thousands of insurgents could not accomplish that feat.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Has to be a well trained mercenary force. Even in Iraq with hundreds of thousands of insurgents could not accomplish that feat.

Against US forces, not syrian forces.

not exactly comparable.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have been wondering how long before this get blamed on Western agents or how long before the Syrians ask Iran for real help/more help in dealing with the problems.

I wish I could see this not heading into darker territory.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

My thoughts exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the Mossad is behind this. It is at Israel's best interest to see a regime change take place in Syria as it's obvious that Syria-Israel relations will not change under Assad's rule.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Good! I'm glad the Syrians came back with some teeth. I'm really tired of hearing about unarmed protesters being killed. At least make it a fair fight. Thats why our founding fathers had it right with the second amendment. You shoot protesters in America, it's likely you in a short while there will be more firepower brought to bear than the police forces own

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Syria is now sending in the military to the town where 120 security personnel where killed. Godspeed to the people, this could end up in an even more bloody massacre.

Cairo/Damascus - A convoy of soldiers and military vehicles were on their way to the north-western Syrian town of Jisr al-Shaghur, activists said Tuesday, following recent violence that left more than 120 people dead there.

Syrians expressed fear of a major military attack on the city, where the government said up to 123 security personnel were killed in attacks by armed groups on security and government buildings on Monday.

However, opposition groups have disputed those claims, saying the dead security personnel were actually mutinous troops executed by their colleagues.

source

This could just be a tipping point, causing a Libya alike revolution due to serious division among military units and outrage among the entire civilian population.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

seems like islamic/CIA mercenaries at work to me . if the so called protesters attack russian naval forces in Tartarus , russian artillery will turn the islamic wahabis to pieces of meat , expect mass slaughter in Deraa then at the hands of the russians .IF NATO attempts something stupid , expect the US fifth fleet, saudi arabia and Israel to be vaporizing in 200 kiloton fireball ..

Then the great genocide of Europe begins . and the finale Archangel Michael(Russia) Vs Lucifer(USA). 1-3 billion deaths . the wet dream of Bilderburg,Rockefeller and Kissinger fulfilled

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The information coming from inside Syria is doubtfull at best, if not plain disinformation.After Egypt and Tunisia,
the Assad regime did their job well in terms of leaking info from inside the country.They even kept an iranian journalist from al-jazeera for 2 weeks before release her.

So, we actualy don't have any proof that 120 security personnel , which might be military or police officers, but i think was police, got killed from friday to sunday.The 40 that got ambushed were in a bus, and they were police officers.

Anyway, since Egypt and Tunisia went ''smooth'', meaning no armed factions against armed regime supporters and army, Lybia and Yemen protests didn't succeded.Same as in Syria.
The scenarion in Lybia and Yemen is already known : rebels (oposing TRIBAL factions) armed themselves and
along defected army units, are battling the regimes there.

Why would Syria be diferent? They are also a very sectarian society, and since the protests they had only got to
bloodsheds, why not arm and fight the regime? Maybe NATO will intervene, like in Lybia, or maybe they can have
a go against Assad and have a lucky rocket attacks, like in Yemen?

I don't know, but i see a pattern here : if street protests don't topple the regime...armed rebels might.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

except that russia has a naval base in syria and if rebels attempts something stupid , well they can kiss their a*** goodbye .

NATO will sit by and watch , while Russia will lay the so called 'protesters' to waste and then Russia will grab the prize ,Saudi Arabia by proxy rebellions . If US fifth fleet intervenes , expect ME,Europe and North America to nuclear wastelands

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It seems that Assad might play the israeli card.

www.jpost.com...

Two articles in state-run 'Tishreen' claim that border demonstrations are set to multiply; claims hundreds of thousands will march to Golan.

This is from J-Post today, information based on 2 articles published in "Tishreen" state-run newspaper.

It seems that might be an armed rebelion in NW Syria, because otherwise i don't see any reason for Assad to send in the army there (www.bbc.co.uk...) and to have article published
that hundreds of thousand of people will march toward Golan.

He did quite a good job against street protests, but an armed rebellion might be a danger to his regime.Or might
not be, but its good to have cards to play : either the army will stop the rebellion, so no marches toward Golan,
or the rebellion will gain strenght, and any massive march in Golan will succed (meaning lots of dead ppl by israeli bullets) to at least move the focus from Syria to Israel, or, god forbid...an Israeli military response against
Syria.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

My thoughts exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the Mossad is behind this. It is at Israel's best interest to see a regime change take place in Syria as it's obvious that Syria-Israel relations will not change under Assad's rule.

Actually, many inside Syria are saying this was done by forces within Syria's security forces. "Freindly fire' if you will.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Actually, many inside Syria are saying this was done by forces within Syria's security forces. "Freindly fire' if you will.

nah, from what i know muslim brotherhood and they are massoneria and mi6 tools . so brit-american-zion false flags.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

nah, from what i know muslim brotherhood and they are massoneria and mi6 tools . so brit-american-zion false flags.

syrian TV Networks always experience this kind of trouble

new topics

top topics

join