It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you think of the use of dolphins in war ?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'm against that ! I believe that dolphins are too intelligents to go to war!
What about you ?

[Edited on 29-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Oh Nans, it's not like the dolphin is out there killing humans. It's detecting mines so that people don't die from them...

It uses it's own natural Sonar.

I am sure if the french were doining this we'd hear nothing but praise from you.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
while i dont think they are being harmed, i still think that this is wrong because they are being taken out of their preferred environments,and i dont *know* that they arent being harmed. i mean this is a war, so harm is sort of inevitable.. and it is a war that they have nothing to do with. what if they dont want to help huh? (the dolphins) . i just think that its wrong to involve any living thing in something (anything) without their consent. and i doubt they got the consent of the dolphins heh..you know? i mean .. whales are way smarter than us heh. they can communicate through each other all the way across the world, without the use of telephones, internet etc.

[Edited on 29-3-2003 by mirrorsparadise]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just think that using animals for our own selfish goals of aggression is wrong, and shows NO respect for God and his creatures.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ithink that it just shows how smart dolphins are. All they are doing is detecting mines. It's not like they are being strapped with BOMBS. If you all disagree with this then you shold disagree with the use of dogs too.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
Ithink that it just shows how smart dolphins are. All they are doing is detecting mines. It's not like they are being strapped with BOMBS. If you all disagree with this then you shold disagree with the use of dogs too.

the use of dogs? are htey being used as well? i wouldnt agree with the use of dogs in war either.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think they should mount the cams on top of their(dolphins) heads so it dont interfear with the fins. And second, the navy has been training these creatures to find and recognize explosives or other devices for decades. Its really nothing new, besides the aquatic mammals are very smart and if they dont like the work trust me they will go on strike.

All jokes out of the way, these animals are very safe doing what they do. Besides being exsposed to oil contaminated sea water and other chemical run off from Iraq and its neighbors they should be fine its not like they are fighting for us. I personally hate the idea and would rather blast Iraq back to the dark ages.

Oh and about the canines(dogs as they are disrespectfully called) they served in Vietnam with unpresidented honors, only surpassed by the Buffalo Soldiers. And can trace their service back to WWI for the USA and wayyy befor if you want to get technical.

[Edited on 29-3-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Besides being exsposed to oil contaminated sea water and other chemical run off from Iraq and its neighbors they should be fine

heh. my point exactly. its obviously not a good environment.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirrorsparadise

Originally posted by abstract_alao
the use of dogs? are htey being used as well? i wouldnt agree with the use of dogs in war either.

I'm also against the use of dog almost because in the symbiosis relation dogmaster-dog, often the dog is the more intelligent !

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am against the use of animals for manipulation by peopwebferret.search.com...,dolphin+sex,,assm.asstr.org%2F%7Eeli%2Ferotica%2Fvarious%2Fdolphin.html,,altavistale. I mean, what right do we have to let our litlle booger eating diaper wearing citizens put their lil fingers in the blow holes of dolphins!!!! It's a crime and an injustice.

The guy on this link knows how to treat a lady dolphin for sure!

webferret.search.com...,dolphin+sex,,assm.asstr.org%2F%7Eeli%2Ferotica%2Fvarious%2Fdolphin.html,,altavista

top topics

join