It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official, "Anonymous" Hackers are Now Controlled Opposition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
A word to the wise...don't do your banking online.....the information is not really safe.

Go a step further, and say that anyone who does anything online and assumes they are secure, safe, anonymous, and are free to do as they wish because they have all that software to protect them, and lifelock, etc. are FOOLS!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Recently there have been reports of "Anonymous sub-groups" and now this "claiming to be a part of"

It seems that lately Anonymous is anything but the real Anonymous.

Kind of like the Wikileaks before the Wikileaks....

In other news Anon just fried 2 sausages.

Sure it was me, but I am legion, I am never going to forgive, and I will never uncook a sausage.

I need some femanon to cook me an egg.

and no- toobusymakingbed is not an excuse.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Interesting. As usual, something that may have been legit at first (though we'll never know for sure,) has been hijacked by TPTB for their own purposes. Whenever a pie is baked, the NWO has already got their hand in it before it cools off for the rest of us to enjoy!

All that can be corrupted, will be. Or at least, "they" will try their damndest.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Obviously, anon is now the new cyber-boogeyman, that can now be blamed for anything anyone does, such as obviously US govt inspired attacks against the US' latest "threat".

This is the online version of the nonexistent made up Al CIAda. WTF do you think is doing it, when the results BENEFIT the US govt and no one else? Naaaah, our own govt wouldn't do stuff like attack their own people, would they? And nobody is stupid enough to get fooled into doing things against their own best interests, right?

Those CIA guys, or NSA or whatever, they aren't smart enough to fool us mighty hackers of Anonymous! We are Legion! Right? Or to do bad stuff and pose as us? No way!

And there is no way they will use the label "member of the well known hacker group Anonymous" to ever automatically mean "terrorist" and be able to throw basically ANYONE into Gitmo and waterboard them forever on that basis. No way.

Oh wait, they already throw anyone they deem is "Al Quaeda" into Gitmo without trial, witnesses, anything, and waterboard them forever. Yeah, but that's, you know, patriotic and stuff cause Al CIAda is attacking us. Yeah. I saw them attacking us on TV or something, I think. But dayam, they hacked Sony, man....my PlayStation....yeah, guys like that ARE just like terrorists. They SHOULD throw em in Gitmo, now that you mention it. I mean, as long as I get my PlayStation3 time in, I'm ok with it. If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. I just like to feel SAFE. The govt will take care of it. They have MY best interests at heart. I know they do, I saw it on TV. They will PROTECT us from anonymous

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Just because it makes since, doesn't make it official.. People need to learn the meanings of the words official, evidence and proof.. Lying about or misusing any of those makes you look retarded.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
A word to the wise...don't do your banking online.....the information is not really safe.

Go a step further, and say that anyone who does anything online and assumes they are secure, safe, anonymous, and are free to do as they wish because they have all that software to protect them, and lifelock, etc. are FOOLS!

I agree....I am not on facebook, or twitter etc...I don't buy products online either. I've always been suspicious.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SireFurious
oh boy, here we go again with the "Anon is CIA" shilling.

i've told you people before, and i'll say it again.

Anonymous is a bunch of basement dwelling idiots on various imageboards and IRC channels trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. 4channers and their ilk. depraved, psychotic, sick bastards. Anonymous is not the CIA, and whoever the hell says so is a disinfo agent or just bat# insane. THESE ARE KIDS, PEOPLE. A BUNCH OF ACNE-RIDDEN TEENAGERS AND KIDS. SCRIPT KIDDIES. THEY AREN'T FEDS, THEY AREN'T THE FREAKING CIA.

how the hell do I know? I've been in their raids. I was there for the war against Scientology, up there getting "Dox" and generally wasting their resources for "the lulz" and making a general nuisance out of myself. Anon doesn't really give a damn. they're bored teenage brats.

Actually there is only one thing Anon does cherish. Cats. Hurt a Cat, expect Anon's Wrath if they find out.

Perhaps then, anonymous is both.

Think about it: A group of teenage kids pulling pranks calling themselves "anonymous", going around hacking just for the lulz...

CIA/NSA/FBI/whatever 3 letter agency picks up on it, starts hacking different websites according to their own agenda using the same name, claiming they're a "faction" or "sub-group"

Creates a perfect patsy-type situation

Of course this is all just speculation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
can anyone go to dictionary.com and look up the word anonymous and report their findings... apparently the base meaning has been lost!

Secondary how is this "official"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Didn't know I worked for the CIA.

cool story bro.

there is a difference between working for and being used by.....

Yeah, Joe Schmu my main connect to the CIA has actually just been feeding me false information.

Man, I'm so glad that the CIA is helping me harass furries, pedophiles, idiots, and hacking sites.

Because no one but the CIA does it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
With the amount of non-truths on this site the government doesn't need Dis-info agents.... it's done on its own

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Double post due to different intent of this post.

1. There ARE legitimate hackers within what people call "Anonymous". One of my old friends basically controls second life's servers, and still can access them whenever he wants. The freeware version of the game was made by him. So to suggest that it NEEDS to be the CIA for someone to hack a foreign server is hilarious.

2. There is no actual confirmation or information as to what exactly was hacked except "servers in Iran". What, did they hack some secretaries computer and spread her junk mail around? A military research site? Intelligence agency? A business? What was hacked? "servers in iran" is pretty vague. It's not like every bit of data Iran has is stored onto one giant server or that there's just one giant server farm for all of Iran. This is the problem when talking about computer stuff with people who don't know computer stuff; this could have been nothing.

3. It's completely possible Anonymous didn't do anything at all. I can't tell you the number of times I or friends of mine from back in the day claimed to have done something just to gain notoriety or to gain support in further doing something. It's a fairly common tactic used by people under the guise of Anonymous in order to gain more numbers in their effort.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ummm Yeahhh. Pretty obvious this one is yeah? I mean you adorn the "V" mask then you get violent then you get beat up then you get violent again!...Follow me now- Then you get lock-down (police state) then your fighting a less than winnable war. Uh yeah, how's about we use our noodle upstairs ehh? I wasn't born yesterday nor later on that evening.

-Invisible Crown- "back to the Bat-Cave"
edit on 01/01/2001 by SamuraiCentury because: mis-spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A long time ago (in computer terms) my son told me in no uncertain terms not to go on 4chan and not to mess with Anon.

From what I see, this is good advice.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How do I put this simply.
ANONYMOUS IS NOT A GROUP!!!!!
Christ sake.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How do we know that anonymous is really anonymous? Any not another group who is up to no good pretending to be anonymous?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You just don't understand what anonymous is if you claim it's been taken over.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Recently there have been reports of "Anonymous sub-groups" and now this "claiming to be a part of"

It seems that lately Anonymous is anything but the real Anonymous.

Kind of like the Wikileaks before the Wikileaks....

Exactly.

Everyone was so enamored with the idea of a mysterious vigilante hacking group, working behind the scenes against the man!

I admit I was caught up in it for about 5 seconds before I thought about it and realized the government would never let a group like that exist.

Recently, government agencies have come out and said that they now deem hacking to be tantamount to waging war. That means if you were "anonymous" you probably had a life span of about 24 hours before you were hunted down and compromised.

Who knows? Either it was the govt all along, and it was yet another way for them to trick the public into giving up more rights, or it was a real group with good intentions that was taken down and is now govt psy-ops.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

But you aren't necessarily right. Anonymous isn't a specific group of people working for a cause, it is an umbrella term used to describe people, individuals acting alone or groups working together, who supposedly fight against tyranny and oppression, and fight for liberation.

The problem with anonymous is that ANYONE can become a part of anonymous, including yourself, and including the CIA or Mossad. So those intelligence organizations can do something while claiming to be a part of anonymous. Just like some 16 year old wannabe can troll online and claim to be a part of anonymous. There isn't a distinguishing line that separates one from the other. Because the people are all anonymous, which is the point.

Some people will use the term anonymous to do "good" while other people will exploit it to make the movement look bad. It's just that easy because it's just that puzzling. Anonymous is left open-ended and open to anyone.

In that regard al-Qaeda and other terror cells could operate in the same manner and can be exploited by the CIA and Mossad in order to push some type of agenda all the same. I'm just waiting for the media to pick up a supposed leader of Anonymous. That's when I know that the CIA or some element within the government is trying to create another fictitious group and boogeyman to fight, since anonymous really started out as nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

You just don't understand what anonymous is if you claim it's been taken over.

Because you DO understand oh great and powerful one?

Then please explain it.

Maybe you're a govt agent and thats how you know?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

its funny cause these guys started with the playstation network

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join