It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats call for ethics probe of Weiner scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – Top congressional Democrats are calling for an ethics investigation — and the truth — about whether scandalized New York Rep. Anthony Weiner broke any rules or used government resources to send lewd pictures over the Internet. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi says she's disappointed in Weiner's conduct, which he confessed Monday included conducting inappropriate exchanges with six women. He apologized, but refused to resign. Rep. Steve Israel, the House Democrats' campaign chief, said the New York congressman had "embarrassed himself, his family and the House." A spokeswoman for Democratic whip Steny Hoyer of Maryland said Hoyer urged Weiner to come clean about the messages and photos he sent on Twitter. Last July, Weiner married Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Source

Well my personal opinion on this is that he should have resigned immediately and stepped out before this thing turned any uglier. Now I feel sorry for his family because they are going to uncover much more I am sure, and his name along with his families will be dragged through the mud. He should just man up and resign to save his family the trouble and grief of dealing with his clearly unsatisfied, and distasteful sexual appetite.

I would throw in a Weiner jab, but they are getting old now I think.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
indeed

when your a sitting congressman and you lie to your people and make others scapegoats

if shows a fundamental lack of ethics.

and he either needs to be impeached or resign.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree would be best for him to resign. He got caught not telling the truth. For as long as he's in office, this simply will not go away. Putting pictures of yourself all over the internet is not very intelligent...especially when you know people are out to get you and get any dirt they can find.

It's a shame IMO. He did do some good things. He fought to get the 9/11 first responders help for their health care. This is the world we live in though.

One has to wonder how many politicians of our past, including the founders, cheated on their wives or did other things that were "morally" wrong.

My guess is if there was a thing called twitter, facebook, or the internet...many of the people we hold in high regard from our history may have never had the political careers they had as we would've destroyed them...since we have in our minds how a person should "act" or behave...even though all of us have skeletons in our own closets that we would most likely be embarrassed about if made public.

And I say this for everyone in politics...left or right. Many Republicans have been forced to resign over things they shouldn't have IMO.
edit on 6-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It could have been worse.
Breitbart had even more dirt dirt on him but decided to go easy on him for the sake of the family.
Sorry, I'm getting sick of hearing about Mr Weiner, it just ain't funny any more.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Very much agree that it isn't even funny anymore. He really should have just resigned and been done with this whole thing. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that is going to happen, we'll just need to keep track on how much money is wasted on this guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
so many jokes, so little time !

when will they ever learn !!! americans will forgive almost anything except a cover-up story. see marv albert as exhibit A

he's gotta go

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Why did you have t bring up sports?
Now I have to make a Kobe analogy.

Kobe loves him some Colorado!
He was involved in a scandal and he made it go away by simply changing his number, and it seemed to have worked because now no one remembers his Colorado incident.

Likewise, Mr. Weiner (oops, sorry) should do something similar.
Obviously he doesn't have a numbered jersey to swap so maybe he should change his last name instead.

The current choices are:
A: Johnson
B: Sweeney

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What is wrong with these guys? Everyday, it seems, there is another biting the dust over some sexual escapade.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Isn't that the beauty of human vanity? we are all caught been vane more than one time, even big politicians, they are always caught in their own dirt Many of the politicians working in our government are nothing but dirty corrupted rats, with too much time in their hands because they don't have to make any decisions those are made for them already.

At least people in the music businesses and movie basenesses are paid to be vane.

so they can get away with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm sure this investigation is going to be "epic", right? What, are they gonna slap his wrist like Charlie Wrangle? I bet he's shaking in his boots!

top topics

join