It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of any free software to make a flash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Also, how difficult is it to make a flash with a montage of different images? Thanks!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

can you give more info on what sort of thng you want to make.
like a adobe flash animation of a slideshow ?
there might be some online tools but flash is pretty locked down to the software they sell.
but animated giffs can be tweaked to make a slideshow using the gimp
each layer can have a time assigned to it, so you can make a slideshow like that.
but an example of what your trying to do would help

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

can you give more info on what sort of thng you want to make.
like a adobe flash animation of a slideshow ?
there might be some online tools but flash is pretty locked down to the software they sell.
but animated giffs can be tweaked to make a slideshow using the gimp
each layer can have a time assigned to it, so you can make a slideshow like that.
but an example of what your trying to do would help

Thanks. I have still images and want to have one image fade into another, maybe have the next image start off small and slowly get bigger and then fade into another image, etc. Would like to add some music to it. So really what is the difference between a flash and slide show, especially when uploading to a server/webpage?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well in that case, the best bet would be to create a movie using free software, you can add transtions and music a lot easier then flash using movie maker in windows or free software in linux
then upload to youtube to create a flash video, then you can embed that
a slideshow wont have music but you could make one in the gimp (free in windows and linux)
my fist avatar animation was done with the gimp.only took five minutes to make.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you have windows 7, "windows movie maker" will do what you want, you can update to the 2011 essenitals package to get more features. a montage of pictures with sound or wihtout is very easy. And free!

~edit~ you will need a freeware converter to go from the movie format to .SWF however, there are a few good ones
edit on 6-6-2011 by Biigs because: added text

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well in that case, the best bet would be to create a movie using free software, you can add transtions and music a lot easier then flash using movie maker in windows or free software in linux
then upload to youtube to create a flash video, then you can embed that
a slideshow wont have music but you could make one in the gimp (free in windows and linux)
my fist avatar animation was done with the gimp.only took five minutes to make.

Thanks! Don't really want to embed the video, looking to host the file on a server to use the video as part of a template webpage... will gimp let yo uconvert to a swf?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

no the gimp wont swf is locked down alot
but make the video , upload to youtube to convert it to flash, use a video downloader to copy it as a swf then put that on your server using the right html object code to put it on the page.
that could work.
or serch for online flash slideshow makers
i found some
this one is limited to 30 secs for the free trials.
animoto.com...
and this ne looks promising
but its a download for windows by the look of it.
www.flash-slideshow-maker.com...
u2u me when you get it done too, i would love to see how you go and what you used
and remember google is your friend.

edit on 6-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

no the gimp wont swf is locked down alot
but make the video , upload to youtube to convert it to flash, use a video downloader to copy it as a swf then put that on your server using the right html object code to put it on the page.
that could work.
or serch for online flash slideshow makers
i found some
this one is limited to 30 secs for the free trials.
animoto.com...
and this ne looks promising
but its a download for windows by the look of it.
www.flash-slideshow-maker.com...
u2u me when you get it done too, i would love to see how you go and what you used
and remember google is your friend.

edit on 6-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

Hey thanks! How hard is adobe? I have a friend who has CS3 (I believe), I guess I could use his laptop to make it - he has only used it once or twice (got it from school). Which program in CS3 would be the best for making a flash file?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

No idea mate, i dont use cs3 or windows for that matter.
so your on your own there

I only used flash a few years ago with macromedia a little bit, but im sure there online tutorials to help you find out
do some searching and see what you find.
this is a link to get you started, dont know how good it is
www.devarticles.com...
search youtube as well for tutorials on cs3.
i used to code html in notepad way way back so im a bit rusty now, i stuck with digital art and music instead.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The complete version of Adobe's CS3 includes Flash (as a standalone application). I think you can buy limited versions that don't have Flash, but you should check with your buddy and see if it's included. That would be by far your best bet.

Well, let me qualify that: The Flash application would be your best bet IF you or your buddy knows how to use it. It's a pretty steep learning curve, and pretty daunting for beginners. Not to discourage you. It's well worth learning....

new topics

top topics

join