It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victorian police on strike for the rest of the week looks like the sheep dog wants more food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Police Association is seeking a 4.5 percent pay increase. Mr Davies said today that the government has offered a 2.5 percent increase.
The work bans will see police targeting operations perceived by the public as 'revenue raisers', using the flashing lights of their patrol cars to warn motorists of nearby fixed and mobile speed cameras.
Officers will also refuse to issue and process fines or issue subpoenas.
"Clearly a large proportion of the government's income comes from speed cameras and red light cameras," Sergeant Davies said.
"So they'll have to get a taste of what it's like to live with less money themselves."
Mr Davies said that the campaign could continue until the next election if the State Government is not prepared to uphold its promise. With enterprise bargaining negotiations continuing, Police Minister Peter Ryan has refused to comment.
The actions will be the first taken by Victoria Police since 2007. A full strike, which has not happened since 1923, has been ruled out.

news article

looks like the dog is biting the hand that ISn't feeding it. disputes over pay rises promised by the Victorian government have resulted in the entire police force going on strike. the cops are treating not to issue fines and have parked patrol cars in front if speed cameras and red light cameras warning motorists. i hope this wakes them up to the fact the elite don't give a §H¡T about any of the peasants that work for them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

yep its ongoing
police nurses and teachers..
there is always one of our states with one of the above asking for more pay.
I dont blame them, they dont get payed enough, unlke the ministers who act like children at parliment time..
order order order!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's about time someone did something about those damn 'safety' camera's.

Now if we could only get the government to remove those sneaky hidden camera's in old utes and wagons...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I don't blame them for asking. but it clearly shows that cops know that speeding cameras are nothing but an excuse to raise revenue. they are exposing the scam for what it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't use it as an excuse to speed though..
Most mobile speed cameras in Victoria are operated by private contractors, not the police..

That in itself tells you it's nothing but a money making scam...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I wouldnt say they are exposing it, we have known for a long time that the speed cameras are money raisers.
Cars get safer , better brakes etc and the speed limits get slower..
i understand the need to restrict residential speed limits for safety issues, but the open roads need to have a better limit for sure.
100kph on the arterial freeways is too slow.
110 in WA was better but still...
i think 120 would be better.
but i ride a motorbike so i dont get hit to often (some do rear plates depending on direction)
but i tend to stay in the speed zones anyway.
i have a talking speed alert app on my phone on bluetooth to the helmet intercom so i can regulate my speed

edit on 6-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sounds great that they are doing all this, warning everyone of camera's and such.However they are not doing this for the people, they are doing it for themselves and their own pockets.Not that they don't deserve a pay rise ,I'm not saying that.However they don't care about you or anyone else.So don't make this out as a gesture to the citizens,you know the one's they look down at as scum and are guilty until proven innocent.By their own admission the camera's are all about revenue.So it's like this, if they get there money they are prepared to continue to screw you over ! Nice.Nothing to see here other than a matter of intrest article.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Oh trust me.i don't plan on using this as an excuse to do anything but point out the hypocrisy of thread government and cops. they have no problem following orders as as long as they arbute getting paid. But as soon as they stop getting what they want all of a sudden they are with us and on our side. gotta love the irony in that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Sounds great that they are doing all this, warning everyone of camera's and such.However they are not doing this for the people, they are doing it for themselves and their own pockets.Not that they don't deserve a pay rise ,I'm not saying that.However they don't care about you or anyone else.So don't make this out as a gesture to the citizens,you know the one's they look down at as scum and are guilty until proven innocent.By their own admission the camera's are all about revenue.So it's like this, if they get there money they are prepared to continue to screw you over ! Nice.Nothing to see here other than a matter of intrest article.

you think im not aware of that point. read above. posted at the same time you did.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry friend I was not putting a shot across your bow.We are on the same page

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
The title isn't even grammatically correct. Is it that hard to post a thread with a title that makes sense, or are 5 year olds posting on here?

sorry buddy posting a thread title from a phone so excuse the mistakes. plus this stupid thing has auto correct and im at work so i can't exactly sit here and play with my phone all day.

don't get so caught up with the grammatical context. focus on the actual point being discussed. posting articleonline is not my job so as long as you understand what im saying that's all that matters to me. unfortunate i can't fix the thread title. if a mod would like to do so they are more than welcome to.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by MysticPearl
The title isn't even grammatically correct. Is it that hard to post a thread with a title that makes sense, or are 5 year olds posting on here?

sorry buddy posting a thread title from a phone so excuse the mistakes. plus this stupid thing has auto correct and im at work so i can't exactly sit here and play with my phone all day.

don't get so caught up with the grammatical context. focus on the actual point being discussed. posting articleonline is not my job so as long as you understand what im saying that's all that matters to me. unfortunate i can't fix the thread title. if a mod would like to do so they are more than welcome to.

Then I apoligize. Just tired of people wanting thought out answers from others, when they don't take the time themselves to make sure the title of their thread is grammatically correct. Also makes ATS look worse. But I understand if you're typing from a phone.

top topics

join