It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawass and the Missing Mummies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

In the recent BBC production, "Egypt's Lost Cities' with Dr Sarah Parcak, about 14 minutes into the production (as we find Dr Hawass clawing his way up into Campbell's Chamber high above the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid), we hear Dr Hawass saying the following:

"When they [Caliph Al Ma'mun and his men] dug this entrance and they entered inside [the Great Pyramid], they found many late period mummified bodies and things like this". - Dr Zahi Hawass

SC: This is patently untrue. Absolutely no "late period mummies" (or any mummies - royal or otherwise) were ever found inside the Great Pyramid. In fact, there are only rumours and hearsay that anything was found within the 'sarcophagus' of the King's Chamber by Ma'mun. Certainly there is no evidence that the mummified remains of Khufu were ever found.

So, please do not be misled by Dr Hawass's comment. No such mummies were ever found inside the Great Pyramid. We have no evidence of ANY human remains having been found inside this chamber. As far as I am concerned this is either a sloppy, throwaway comment by Dr Hawass or, at worst, a deliberate attempt to misinform. The effect of such a comment to those with little awareness of Ancient Egypt will serve only to reinforce to them the notion ,much touted by mainstream Egyptology, that the great pyramids (pre-5th dynasty) of ancient Egypt were constructed as tombs for Egyptian kings. My new book due for publication in Feb 2012 will present new evidence that shows how these pre-5th dynasty pyramids simply could not have been designed and built for the purposes of burial but were, in fact, to serve a completely different - and much more important - function altogether.

I have emailed Dr Hawass, asking him to clarify his comment. Should he reply I will, of course, post his response here on ATS.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hawass has made a career of covering things up...I dont believe a single thing he says....ever

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Hawass has made a career of covering things up...I dont believe a single thing he says....ever

Yes, but--you know--awareness. A lot of people are simply not aware that everything that comes out of that bastard's mouth is either to mislead or an outright lie. I personally do not believe that his comment was a "throwaway." For whatever reason he intends to promulgate the myth of pyramids and mummies being inseparable.

Well, who knows? Someday, perhaps we'll know the whole story....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks Scott.

I was a little worried when I saw your thread and it said missing mummys. Thinking Hawass had stolen and stashed some....not that that wouldn't be surprising either.

Keep us posted.

top topics

join