It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

I'm glad I could entertain you with my comical foolishness... Yeah, I'm acting pretentious so I can look cool and my opinions have nothing to do with my disgust at a mad man running children over 'cause he is late for an appointment.

Thanks for your wonderful insight and pointing out to me that these children weren't protesting anything and are just a bunch of fools attempting suicide... Case closed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

I couldn't agree with you more.

But now just so you don't get too high on your horse my German friend............America was the only country so far to use a weapon of mass destruction not once but twice

BUT

She did so with the help of importing German Scientists who invented the god darn awful atomic bomb.

You need to read Jim Marrs book, "Rise of the Fourth Reich" as the Nazi Scientists weren't the only people the American Government brought over here....................we also brought over the Nazi mindset (now research the Queen of England) she is not really a English Queen, she is of the German Royalty.

America, England and Germany have been such good bedfellows that we three countries will ultimately share the same group karma. The Rockerfellers, Bushes and many other of the elite American families profitted from the mass slaughtering of tens of millions of fellow human beings and they are still stirring it up and sitting back, profitting and laughing at how easy the rest of humanity can be manipulated.

It may have seemed according to Jim Marrs that the US won WWII but the mindset, the connection to the German SS was never broken, only dismantled and quietly brought over to America.

This is a long video. I suggest you read his book and watch this entire video to understand how the Nazi mindset became a part of our American Government via the military complex.

Getting back to topic, The man that ran over that young lady did exactly what one of Hitler's SS men would do.

What would Jesus or someone of Christ mind do?

America may have won WWII in name, but we were psychologically infiltrated with their cold blooded, cruel, any means justifies the ends attitude and most Americans don't see that.........but Jim Marrs did and expresses it beautifully in his book.

Begreifen

edit on 7-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Judus, these heartless reptilian trolls aren't worth your time or mine.

They are sleepers or agents in this matrix and best to leave them be, nothing will change their cold hearts.

ATS is suppose to ignore ignorance, but some just hang on to it like a bull dog to bait.

For your posts

edit on 7-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Never heard anyone refer to a right-wing anti-abortion extremist as a "hippie" before. Has anyone else ever heard of an ultra-conservative characterized as a "hippie?" Feel free to lump together all extremists on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That's terrible how that guy ran those people over. Similarly, how stupid are you to sit in the middle of the street.. especially knowing that they're are crazies out there. I mean, you had.. HAD to know something could / would go wrong..

I wonder who's really to blame.. the guy who ran that girl over, or the people with ill planning and organized such an irresponsible rally against people who had nothing to do with the cause they were promoting?

Why didn't they actually protest the source, those responsible and picket/raise awareness properly and safely, without putting the lives of teenagers in danger?

I'm not defending the guy who hit those people.. that's heartless, cruel and he needs to be brought up on charges and brought to justice.. but also, all variables should be considered here.
edit on 7-6-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

It has been my own experience that people that chose to label others with a word are often very narrow, closed minded uneducated people.

You can't really put a label on anyone as everyone has their own little quirks and uniqueness.

I'm a ex hippy..........still a hippy at heart.

What does hippy mean to me?

I love my fellow man and will stand up for any fellow human being being beaten down, discriminated against or hurt.

I am against war and the killing of another human........although, be forewarned, if you broke into my house for food, and asked politely, I would share. But raise a gun or knife to my husband, children or grand daughter you would pay with your life. I have learned how to defend my loved ones and myself. I would not want to do this, I would warn you but you would get one warning and one warning only and my loved ones you threatened would be the last human you threaten and I am a little old lady so looks are deceiving. I would also feel very bad about having to go to this length, but if pushed I would as a last resort, defend my family.

I love our beautiful planet and all her inhabitants, although I steer clear of animals higher up on the food chain than me. I respect them and believe mankind must limit his population and make room and share the earth with the "animals'.

I am against dirty fossil fuel.

I love trees, birds, bees, flowers, nature.

I hate cement and brick buildings reaching up to the sky blocking out the sun.

People so stupid or selfish, they refuse to manage their population logically.

I do not trust our government to look out for our best interest. The American Government has become rotten and corrupt.

If your child was drowning, I would do everything in my power to save him/her........if you had a heart attack, I would step up to the plate, I know CPR very well and would try to save your butt.

I do not lie, cheat, steal or gossip.

I do not like people that are mean, narrow minded, arrogant or self serving with no regard for the good of the whole.

I believe in peace, love and brotherhood.

Am against violence and harming another.

Putting it simply: Love = good (light energy) Hate = bad (dark energy)

Many of the movies and video games now show gore, hate, violence - TPTB are manipulating / conditioning our young to accept this degenerate & savage behavior as good and normal.

Our young are being conditioned towards hate and violence...........look at the zombie killer add at the top of ATS........even ATS has sold out, a guy shooting a gun at zombies

edit on 7-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It wouldn't be so bad if the protesters were accidentally hit. If that were the case, I wouldn't have much sympathy and would understand accidents happen when we're not using wisdom.

However, judging by some of the footage, it looks like some of the motorists went out of the way to run over the protesters. That is just wrong.

We should always respect our fellow citizens when they protest. You don't have to support them or agree with their cause but we should at least offer respect of their rights.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Don't you think they should protest in a safe manner that not only maximizes awareness of their cause but also retains the safety of those protesting? Sitting in the middle of a street during rush hour is plain dull... regardless of their right to protest - that was a terrible idea.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoSphere

Oh yeah. No doubt. They most definitely were not using wisdom. But they did not deserve to be run over on purpose by annoyed motorists.

In an event where protesters are being disruptive, destructive, or engaging in harmful activities, please just call the proper authorities. Don't go out of your way to run over them.

That's just not cool for one human being to do to another. lol Same goes with any pedestrian or cyclist who is in your way. You don't just plow over another human being. lol I would only do it if they were violently mobbing my car (then I would consider it self defense). Not just being annoying protesters.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My apologies if this has been already been brought up, I could get through just a a couple of pages before my leached wireless connection gave up. I'm wondering how this can compare to the events of Rachel Corrie or the monks who remain nameless that burned themselves alive (on the Rage Against the Machine self titled debut). No it's not funny but in the videos these people were targetting normal civilians and scared the crap out of them. That's totally different than confronting a military regime, and the people that can't see that I'm sorry for (again sorry for not reading the whole thread if someone has brought this up before). If I had a bunch a people surrounding me and I'd panic, not like the guy in the OP. Hopefully I wouldn't injure someone because we are all experiencing the same consciousness and reacting to it depending on our own experiences. It's different to stand alone between a bulldozer or a tank and standing in front of something with a bunch of equal minded individuals. The fact that a lot of people here can't understand the difference is interesting, I try not to judge either way. I don't think anybody deserves to die but the people who are putting their lives down seem to be naive about life, and although I can't laught at that, I can see how others don't allow themselves to be too sensitive to it. Sorry for the long run statement.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
My Grandfather fought in Vietnam , he did not ask to go he was told to and he went . To thank him for his service a group of hippies protesting upon his return , spit on him , screamed awful thing at him and pelted him with eggs .

Really? So somehow a group of "hippies" managed to get onto the military airbase? or were they on the military bus that he boarded en route to base for reassignment or discharge? perhaps they were on the base then, lined up and swishing their loogies, just waiting?

"Vietnam vets got spit on" is a bald-faced lie... unless, perhaps, you mean in the metaphorical sense that they got "spit on" by their fellow veterans (Vietnam Vets were barred from joining American Legion halls for a good while) or by their own government (since Vietnam GIs have the highest rate of homelessness for veterans in modern US history, and received some of the worst service from the VA)

My mother was a hippy during this era. Know what she did to the vets? She purchased a POW bracelet, and wore it until the fellow whose number was on it came home. She gave him the bracelet, a boquet of tulips, and a kiss on the cheek. Her lips may have had some saliva on them, but I don't think that counts as "spitting on."

He was just doing what his country asked , that was what he returned to . So i must say when you protest against your fellow normal Americans , you are a coward to afraid to protest the real problem .

The real problem is lying cretins who make up crap to push their own anti-American agenda. After that comes apathy.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
or the monks who remain nameless that burned themselves alive (on the Rage Against the Machine self titled debut).

His name was Thích Quảng Đức. (Pronounced Thick kwan doo)

His act held up traffic, too. Perhaps you would have just plowed over him?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not at all, I was a lot younger when I saw that image and it did make a great impact on my own personal beliefs as to how things work, I don't know what your opinion is on this whole thing and I'm not judging, but what he did and what is going on here are totally different things; or maybe they aren't and I'm missing something. That's fine, but I've been to a liberal college and I've been with people who are trying to make a difference. Unfortunately the naivety of life in general has haltered everything. I don't mean to ridicule you about whatever you believe in but please go further if you wish to.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm all for protesting, it is sometimes the only way to be heard, and it is a Constitutional right.

But blocking traffic or the entrance to a clinic is not a PEACEFUL PROTEST. These heffers deserve to get smacked down from time to time to remind them of this.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Those annoying protesters got what they deserved. They're just a bunch of troublemakers with too much time on their hands.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have to say running them over was a bit much. Did none of the drivers think to get out of their vehicles and drag the protesters out of the way? Grab them by the hair, foot, or nose. Whatever you can get a hold of first. If they get back in front of your car...then run them over. I really don't care what your "cause" is go protest to the people you're pissed off at. Laying in front of cars belonging to people that have nothing to do with your protest or have no way of changing whatever you don't like isn't how to get whatever it is you want. All you'll do is piss the rest of us off.

I have to agree with somehumanbeing, I think it's hilarious and think the protesters got what they deserved. Call me inhumane, call me sick..I really don't care. There are better ways to get results than disrupting the lives of innocent people who none of these protesters had the right to delay. For those thinking a boss wouldn't mind if you were late because of something like this better think again. One of my coworkers was stopped in the road waiting for traffic to clear so he could turn into our parking lot when his motorcycle was hit from behind by a pickup. He had to be airlifted out by ARCH. Corporate office still gave points on his work record and it being on a Saturday the points were doubled. Companies don't care what your excuse is for being late. Late is late.

What about the money some of these people missed out on by being late for work? Are the protesters laying in front of their vehicles going to reimburse them? For people that live paycheck to paycheck missing an hour or two of pay can mean not being able to buy a meal or two for their families or could be the difference between rent or a utility being paid. Think the mortgage company or electric company is going to care you don't have their payment because you got shorted on your check because of some protesters? You'll be sleeping in your car or sitting in the dark.

If you've protested for years and have seen no results then guess what..it's time to try something else. How about doing something to get into a position to reverse the policies or topics you don't agree with. That's what lobbyist do. It's what politicians do.

Or better yet. Take the fight straight to the ones responsible. If your feelings for your cause is that great you'll risk your life by laying in front of a car then your feelings are strong enough to fight! Pick your enemy and take the fight to them!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It just shows the irrationality of not only the protestors, but the world they are protesting in.

Lets not forget how many people have DIED in the middle eastern protests this year. Those people are serious about their message; stories of people lighting themselves on fire or even getting run over (and killed) and shot have been all over the news for the last few months. It's just a simple fact of life that protestors always face these kinds of odds, and the ones who have one their battle usually end being the ones who lost many friends to their cause.

Main difference is that those people have nothing to lose; the people in Western Protests have their houses, cars, TVs and fancy clothes and jewelry to lose. To most people, that stuff matters a lot; enough to not become a martyr for your beliefs, and enough for people like a lot of these posters on ATS to look at it and think "They are Retarded for sitting down in front of a Car".

People are sitting down in front of guns across the world right now. Take away Beer and Sports, and I'm sure most grown North-American males would do the same.
edit on 8/6/1111 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No they're all full of self idulgent crap, I feel sorry for any loss of mobility but it's insane to not see they weren't
bringing it on themselves, and to heck with your viewpoint mantis, im trying to keep this clean but I disagree with your viewpoint, no disrespect there, im sorry if you see it that way

edit on 8-6-2011 by Kwyjibo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What do I think? Darwinism in effect.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

We should always respect our fellow citizens when they protest. You don't have to support them or agree with their cause but we should at least offer respect of their rights.

Respect them when they protest? I guess that depends on what's being protested. If it's one of these holier than thou groups at an abortion clinic then run them all over I say! If they aren't the one pregnant then they need to shut the hell up and stay out of other people's business! Those protesters are the most dangerous and often the most violent kind. Any group of people that think they have the right to say what anyone else can do with their life simply because it's how they think it should be deserve to be ran over. And if it's those Westboro freaks put the car in reverse and hit them again to make sure you got all of them.

What about the rights of the rest of us to be able to go about our lives uninterrupted by these protesters? That's the problem with protesters. They don't care about anything other than their cause. And they'll make sure their grievances are heard regardless of who's rights it tramples on. But we should all respect their rights? Respect is earned not given. None of these protesters were showing respect for their fellow citizens by laying in front of their vehicles keeping them from reaching their destinations.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join