It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
If you intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently run into or over a person with your car you are a criminal and you deserve to be prosecuted and jailed for a considerable period of time. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are going, whether you're in a hurry, or whether you disagree with the reason why the other person is in your way. It's really just that simple. If someone stands or lays down in front of your car and blocks your way you do not have the right to injure them. If you do, you're a criminal. If you encourage someone to injure them, you're a criminal. That you condone injuring them makes you a psychopath.
edit on 6/7/2011 by dubiousone because: Spelling correction.
If you lay down in front of somebodys car,you are as sick as they come.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You have got to pick your battles and when and where to fight them. Apparently, the middle of rush hour, in the middle of the street is not the time or place. Clueless people on both sides.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

A star for your post

you know, the part where the innocent protesters got run over? Sure, laying on the ground in front of a vehicle isn't the smartest thing, but that doesn't make it right, or legal, to run them over.

As for everyone on here whom seems to get a laugh at people getting run over, how would you feel if that was your son, or your daughter that got run over? These are peoples kids and most of you are laughing at them being run over by multiple ton vehicles. Forgive me for not seeing the humor in the situation, but that's disgusting. I don't care what the reason, anyone who laughs at someone being maimed underneath a vehicle has some serious freaking problems.

You are right there are some very psychopatic people here on ATS....................ATS has changed over the years.

Many of the younger ones have become desensitized from playing their video games, dumbed down by the fluffy books they are reading and the TV that is conditioning their minds to accept the tyranny that is becoming the norm.

Sad, the lack of empathy.

As stated before, most of these people haven't a clue as to how much damage even a small car running over someone can do.............it may take this young person years to recover.

Sad, the lack of empathy and the cluelessness shown on this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Demonizing those who interfere or who are perceived to be interfering with the orderly flow of daily life, and condoning their suppression through violent means (like running into or over them with a car), is exactly what the Nazis capitalized on in their conquest of the minds of the german populace. Well, that'll teach them! The next one who dares to even think of such a thing will have serious second thoughts and, if not, well, they'll just get the same treatment. It won't be long before Walmart's supply of brown shirts and jack boots is exhausted.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I didn't see the vids because I know I would cringe at people getting run over and
the stupidity that surrounds this act. But didn't an Egyptian man light himself on
fire, then boom, power change in Egypt after weeks of protest?

So I cant help to wonder who the one person is that sparked this silly idea to sit in
front of oncoming traffic? Whoever it is, this pursueder is good. Seriously I'm so
stuck on that, how can a person convince another person to act with such lack of all
that is sensible? Am I thinking too much into this?

What was their motivation?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't care what hippies take tan on the street, you DO NOT DRIVE OVER A PERSON'S BONES, especially a GIRLS! This is too brutal for me to comprehend. Such brutality should never have happened to anyone, ever. If I had a daughter who got run over, I would and could do anything to avenge it.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You should realize that if you ever willingly run over anybody then you've really given up on good perspective of life. No matter how stupid it is for somebody to lay down in front of your car you should know better than to harm somebody, always.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

What I said was what if one day you got a call that your daughter was protesting and hit or god forbid run over by a car was said in order to wake you up and stir up your empathy..................I hope, I pray that never ever happens, I truly do openly apologize and would never wish that upon anyone.

But the protesters were blocking traffic and not the middle of the road where the ambulance could go. I am also sure, as being part of a few protests that the protesters would have moved out of the way had a ambulance appeared.

There was no ambulance and that is in a manner of speaking side tracking or distracting the post. That was a what if scenerio that side tracked the main post. There was no ambulance in the video.

This was a peaceful demonstration and a person chose to take his car and completely run her over.

Pure and simple with no distractions in plain language running anyone over with a car on purpose is wrong.

edit on 7-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

If you intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently run into or over a person with your car you are a criminal and you deserve to be prosecuted and jailed for a considerable period of time. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are going, whether you're in a hurry, or whether you disagree with the reason why the other person is in your way. It's really just that simple. If someone stands or lays down in front of your car and blocks your way you do not have the right to injure them. If you do, you're a criminal. If you encourage someone to injure them, you're a criminal. That you condone injuring them makes you a psychopath.
If you lay down in front of somebodys car,you are as sick as they come.

Do you really believe that? It may not be a healthy chocie if you don't know whether the driver is a psychopath who cares more about saving ten minutes on his way to Walmart than whether he is prosecuted and jailed for felony assault.

And why would you condone injuring a person who is "as sick as they come"? Do you believe that all sick people should be murdered?
edit on 6/7/2011 by dubiousone because: Punctuation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sad, the lack of empathy and the cluelessness shown on this thread.

Yes, you showed huge amounts of empathy towards me earlier in the thread by saying "I hope you never get a phone call saying your daughter has been run over" When the only way that would happen would be if she was involved in a genuine accident, because at 17 years of age she has made her mind up that she would never put herself in danger by lying down on a road to make a protest.

I was most upset by your response and you did not even have the decency to apologise.

And for the record before anyone else jumps on me. I do not condone running over protesters with a vehicle, though I do think the protesters should perhaps think of a safer and more effective way to make their voices heard, disrupting the traffic and possibly being killed or injured won't change anything except your own life and that of your family and friends!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Protests are not meant to burden society, as you do not want your cause associated with anything negative like someone not getting to work on time. People who would of agreed with you are no longer interested because of the negative way you have presented yourself. A well organized and planned protest should have the ability to sway observers and engage people positively. If these protestors had lined up along the roadway and were smiling, singing, waving to drivers and passing along information to them only if they were willing to receive it, Than you would of seen something along these lines, cut to the 1:08 second mark to get right to it

I realize that this is for workers right's but it applies to all protests and protestors. The minute you start forcing your message down people's throats your cause is lost. If you don't believe me ask yourself what the people in those video's were protesting.....???.. It's not even labelled because all it is now is "hippies getting run over by cars"

The best example of a well thought out protest or awareness campaign, non obtrusive, in front of a municipal building that is directly involved in the decision making process regarding your cause, done with a positive attitude and engaging their audience, and these kids are 12. youtu.be...
edit on 7-6-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Well I wish you, your daughter and all of your family a long and happy life.

I don't like to see anyone hurt.............not even animals.

Seeing anyone in a video run over, and on purpose
freaked me out...............I cannot watch violent movies, even the news upsets me.

Why can't everyone just be nice?

And again, I openly apologize for coming across so harsh.
edit on 7-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar and added apology - We need more love not hate in the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
At what point am I supposed to feel bad about this?

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Demonizing those who interfere or who are perceived to be interfering with the orderly flow of daily life, and condoning their suppression through violent means (like running into or over them with a car), is exactly what the Nazis capitalized on in their conquest of the minds of the german populace. Well, that'll teach them! The next one who dares to even think of such a thing will have serious second thoughts and, if not, well, they'll just get the same treatment. It won't be long before Walmart's supply of brown shirts and jack boots is exhausted.

So right on! If I was driving and people layed down in front of my moving
car the only moral choice is to stop, park it and start to record this nutty
act on my smart phone, and post it.

To even consider running over a human being as a justified suggestion is beyond me..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

How about the tree hugging hippies GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!!!! Lay down in front of a car? For what? To prove that your parents didn't have ANY kids without some sort of retardation?

Why should my day/week/year be affected by some over emotional little twits???? I revel in the fact that these little emotionally distressed humans weren't killed...... But I am happy as a pig in mudd that the drivers ran their arses over!!!!!

SCORE
Drivers 8 Protesters 0
edit on 6/7/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thank you for the apology, it was just the mere thought of receiving that most horrible of phone calls that I would not wish on anyone.

And I do agree, I didn't like seeing it either, I don't condone violence of any kind and it is abhorrent that those protesters were run over, but at the same time there are some evil and stupid people out there and to potentially put yourself in harms way in order to make a protest that will fall on deaf ears is not the best course of action.

I'm not saying that people should not protest but they should do it in a way that doesn't put them or anyone else in any danger

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Tried that, doesn't work.............read my location.

Our governments were bought out long ago by the corporate and military complex.

Voting, give me a break, our voting system is a sham.

On a village / city level we still have control, I know because I am active in my local government.

Once you hit the state and federal level
the people have no say.

Freedom, liberty and justice for all is an illusion long dead and buried.

And yes I am also actively corresponding with my state representatives to no avail.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So cool that you wrote this... You showed some awesome humility my friend!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Shame on you, if any one of you find it hilarious!
Its Sick and criminals should get lethal penality for this act of Cruelty and shameless nonhuman activity.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Jean Paul,

they will put you in jail if you don't file and pay, very very few folks have actually managed to fight this and win on the actual legal basis as you correctly state.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join