It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 14
39
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All of you just seem retarded. You have the right to protest, and if you wanna injure yourself, more power to you. If you want to disrupt the flow of life to get somebody to realize your view, more power to you. Not that I like those new, rich hippies of today's age...you know...they make they're own clothes, and they're parents pay they're rent....Mmmmm.....and so what if somebody is late for work....the ignorant masses need to be shaken up a bit. Regardless, nobody really has the balls for a REAL protest. Nobody has any good points in here. Everything blows. America was castrated a long time ago.




posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Go ask Alice if you feel like your ten feet tall



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
My Grandfather fought in Vietnam , he did not ask to go he was told to and he went . To thank him for his service a group of hippies protesting upon his return , spit on him , screamed awful thing at him and pelted him with eggs . He was just doing what his country asked , that was what he returned to . .


Ah yes - the old following orders defense. Your grandpa murdered innocent civilians just so the war profiteers could get even richer.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
All of you just seem retarded. You have the right to protest, and if you wanna injure yourself, more power to you. If you want to disrupt the flow of life to get somebody to realize your view, more power to you. Not that I like those new, rich hippies of today's age...you know...they make they're own clothes, and they're parents pay they're rent....Mmmmm.....and so what if somebody is late for work....the ignorant masses need to be shaken up a bit. Regardless, nobody really has the balls for a REAL protest. Nobody has any good points in here. Everything blows. America was castrated a long time ago.


We all seem retarded to you? That speaks volumes on your character good sir. You say no one has good points in here, but was anything you even said on topic? Your entire little "rant" was nothing but a big whining post on people who's parents pay their rent for them. you also claim no one has the "balls for a real protest" What, par tell, would be a "real" protest? Also, why aren't you out "real protesting"? If you are such a big a man to tell everyone else to go have a "real protest" but have you even ever been to a single protest about anything? My instincts tell me no. No you haven't.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood
 


The plane was still delayed, and I did say that fortunately the baby did not die!

I was actually referring to your retort about the use of "plane" as opposed to "plain" and inferring that I was somehow calling the protesters, and as such you, stupid, and that I was somehow stupid for not knowing the difference between plane and plain!

What say you to that?



I'd say you're flailing for a glimpse of legitimacy at this point.

Try making a point about an issue that exists.

Other than this distracting bunk.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
My Grandfather fought in Vietnam , he did not ask to go he was told to and he went . To thank him for his service a group of hippies protesting upon his return , spit on him , screamed awful thing at him and pelted him with eggs . He was just doing what his country asked , that was what he returned to . .



We killed Nazis for doing the same things. Your Grandpa got rocks.

Boo Hoo.

His poor falsified ego.
edit on 7-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


There retarded, they are lying down wanting to get run over or they wouldn't be lying down. If it was a tank would you lie down in front of it...



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


There retarded, they are lying down wanting to get run over or they wouldn't be lying down. If it was a tank would you lie down in front of it...



No... but you might stand in front of it..




posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
it's extremely irrationally to sit down in front of any moving machinery. Even if its for a statement. It's extremely retarded. These people think people won't run them over. Of course they shouldn't be ran over, but peaceful protests are extremely illogical. As well as violent protests. Protests are pointless because voices aren't heard, regardless if there is media coverage or the people believe they are being noticed. IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Until people start coming together creating solutions that are far more thought out than sitting and standing around buildings yelling catchy slogans, sitting in front of cars
, and believing they are doing something beneficial, enjoy your 'change'.

I am all for NOT sitting in front of cars, etc. I agree; it is ignorant and rather foolhardy, especially when you get run-over and killed. But, I had to comment about your saying protesting "...won't change anything." I believe what we have seen in the mid-east this spring proves that protests have, can, are currently, and will enact change. Perhaps not the change people had in mind, but protesting *can* effect a change. Sometimes all a powerless people can do is protest. It sure made a difference in the mid-east in recent months, a domino-effect regime-toppling change effected by protest. Could that happen here in America? Probably not; mainly because we love our Budwiser, NFL, X-Box, Facebook and silver-screen circus.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 


That's what im sayin... you would stand instead of lay down so they can see you because if you dont it might cost you your life. There laying down in front of these cars hoping they run them over



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


There retarded, they are lying down wanting to get run over or they wouldn't be lying down. If it was a tank would you lie down in front of it...


Maybe they aren't retarded. Maybe they just believe in standing up for their beliefs. (Or laying down in this case)
The next time YOU don't like something and don't do anything about it, I want you to call YOURSELF retarded. And remember guy, just because they are protesting, doesn't make it LEGAL for anyone to run them over. How would you like it if you had a child and they got killed in the fashion of being run over during a protest. Then lets even go as far to say I then proceeded to call your now dead child a retard for laying in front of a vehicle. Wouldn't that upset you quite a deal? So remember, the next time you want to be offensive over something like this, remember that those people are out there standing up for their beliefs, what the hell have you stood up for lately?



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think it is sick how people think its ok too hurt any1 or think its funny...This thread has changed my mind on alot of people in ATS and this will be my last post and last time in here ....just remember that when it happens 2 some1 you care about wonder if you will still think stuff like this is funny.....There are alot of good members in here but the trash makes it not worth my time anymore!



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have to agree with those who say "they got what they deserved" - meaning the protesters. If you're really that stupid to lay in front of a moving vehicle then you should be prepared to accept the consequences of that action. If I swerve to hit you on purpose then that's a different story. That just means I don't like protesters.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood
 


The plane was still delayed, and I did say that fortunately the baby did not die!

I was actually referring to your retort about the use of "plane" as opposed to "plain" and inferring that I was somehow calling the protesters, and as such you, stupid, and that I was somehow stupid for not knowing the difference between plane and plain!

What say you to that?



I'd say you're flailing for a glimpse of legitimacy at this point.

Try making a point about an issue that exists.

Other than this distracting bunk.


No, you accused me of something that was inaccurate because you failed to read the link. ATS is about denying ignorance, I was providing a link to prove that sometimes protesters who disrupt transport of any kind can put not only themselves but other people at risk.

You then went into a rant trying to ridicule me, when it was you who failed and ended up looking ridiculous, and everyone who is reading this thread will see that.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


There retarded, they are lying down wanting to get run over or they wouldn't be lying down. If it was a tank would you lie down in front of it...


Maybe they aren't retarded. Maybe they just believe in standing up for their beliefs. (Or laying down in this case)
The next time YOU don't like something and don't do anything about it, I want you to call YOURSELF retarded. And remember guy, just because they are protesting, doesn't make it LEGAL for anyone to run them over. How would you like it if you had a child and they got killed in the fashion of being run over during a protest. Then lets even go as far to say I then proceeded to call your now dead child a retard for laying in front of a vehicle. Wouldn't that upset you quite a deal? So remember, the next time you want to be offensive over something like this, remember that those people are out there standing up for their beliefs, what the hell have you stood up for lately?


I don't like alot of crap but there is nothing that I can do about it so why should I care and yes they are clearly RETARDED anyone is that lays down in front of a car is, if they wasnt retarded they would stand up and I stand up for myself over and over again
edit on 7-6-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
wow im baffled with the amount of selfishness and stupidity of this thread . Especialy the op one and the one defending the almighty car and the fact they urgently need to do stuff so they will kill people to go eat their hamburger.
Have you though that in case of real emergency you could just talk to these people.
Seriously ? can you look at yourself in a mirror , what is the purpose of your life ask yourself , what you will let to the future generation , do you think it will be your fault if your children ask what you did to prevent it ?

Hippies , three huggers ? people protesting peacefully what you will say if they dont ? That they are terrorist ? will it be easier for you to kill them if it was the case , will it give you an excuse to do it so ?

Im really wondering what you will teach to your kid with this kind of mind set , im really saddened by that.
You should applause those hippie for fighting peacefully on something that youi will never do , because you are to self focused on your pathetic life to see that there is other people even like you and there is a bigger picture and future generation to come.

that will be my last post on this thread.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


Explanation: Uhhhm?


Don't pedestrians have right of way OVER vehicals? [Or does jay walking laws supercede them?]

If yes, then the drivers need to be done for assault with a deadly weapon.

Personal Disclosure: Protests are ment to cause pain for the society! Its what they are for! The protestors know this... and the extreme ones are willing to put their LIVES on the line! There is nothing wrong with that! Its their life after all!



It all depends where this took place.

Here in Cali, peds have the right of way, so by god those cars would have stopped otherwise they would have ruined two lives, the person under the car and the one driving it.

In other places, say New York for example, peds dont have the right of way because there are way too many of them and traffic would never get through otherwise. I was there recently and literally saw a taxi driver ACCELERATE towards a group of peds in the cross walk because the light had already changed. He didnt run any over, but he definitely hit a few and made the rest get the hell out of the way.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberether
wow im baffled with the amount of selfishness and stupidity of this thread . Especialy the op one and the one defending the almighty car and the fact they urgently need to do stuff so they will kill people to go eat their hamburger.
Have you though that in case of real emergency you could just talk to these people.
Seriously ? can you look at yourself in a mirror , what is the purpose of your life ask yourself , what you will let to the future generation , do you think it will be your fault if your children ask what you did to prevent it ?

Hippies , three huggers ? people protesting peacefully what you will say if they dont ? That they are terrorist ? will it be easier for you to kill them if it was the case , will it give you an excuse to do it so ?

Im really wondering what you will teach to your kid with this kind of mind set , im really saddened by that.
You should applause those hippie for fighting peacefully on something that youi will never do , because you are to self focused on your pathetic life to see that there is other people even like you and there is a bigger picture and future generation to come.

that will be my last post on this thread.


In my opinion, protests like this do nothing for the cause. If thats the best those protesters could come up with, than I could give a rats ass what their cause is anyways.

The only way protesting will actually bring about change is if its extremely widespread, unrelenting, chaotic, and instills fear in TPTB. Like say Egypt for example.

Alas, after all that effort Egypt is going to get the shaft and get nothing but an even more extreme and less democratic govt.

Way to go...



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You know what...I don't agree with the holocaust. I think Adolf was a bad dude and he was mean to a lot of people. As a sign of protest to Nazi Germany, I think I'll go lay down on train tracks to block the train from getting to it's destination. That'll really show people I mean business.

I'll lay down with a sign that says "Nazis = Bad" and when I get splattered all over the tracks everyone will know that I was not a mindless drone being subservient to the man. I will have died with a cause. The train conductor will get charged with manslaughter because he killed me in cold blood, but at least everyone will understand my message.

Hey we're supposed to do something drastic in our protests...maybe that will be drastic enough. Even if it is borderline retarded, has nothing to do with the cause, and only causes an inconvenience to those involved.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently run into or over a person with your car you are a criminal and you deserve to be prosecuted and jailed for a considerable period of time. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are going, whether you're in a hurry, or whether you disagree with the reason why the other person is in your way. It's really just that simple. If someone stands or lays down in front of your car and blocks your way you do not have the right to injure them. If you do, you're a criminal. If you encourage someone to injure them, you're a criminal. That you condone injuring them makes you a psychopath.
edit on 6/7/2011 by dubiousone because: Spelling correction.



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join