It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this Secret Handshake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hello, and may Peace be upon us all.

Often, I encounter strangers and end up discussing the likes of knowledge and spirituality. I have studied some different ideologies, along with their "oppositional" ideologies, and I remain extremely open-minded, being guided to transcendental truths.

Several times, not many, at the close of the discussion of a stranger and I, I have received a strange hand shake. Upon the grasp of our right hands, the stranger taps my wrist with their finger during the shake. Maybe one, or two fingers rapidly tap my wrist, I am not sure. I have recieved this hand shake only but a few times, and am caught off-guard and surprised too quickly to notice more specific details. The first time I ever received this shake, it felt so odd that I quickly pulled my hand back in confusion haha
As rare as I experienced this shake, it was always done by a stranger that I was discussing knowledge or spirituality with.

Do I receive this hand shake because my beliefs are that close to truth, that I get a "test" hand shake to see if I am "one of them?"

I do not want to expose secrets of any society, so if this hand shake is not commonly defined, I will graciously accept a private message in complete and honest confidence. I am only driven by curiosity, not exposure or ill-will. May Peace be upon you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Sounds like a Masonic handshake to me. There are different handshakes depending on what level of Mason they are. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it; they probably just thought you were one of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

It's not masonic the way you described it. Might be some group's secret shake, but most likely not masonry. We will not arbitrarily give the grip to just anyone. We give it to another brother, meaning we would have identified him in some other way prior to the grip. And to be honest, most don't get it exactly right anyway. You can look up different grips on Google. It may be the person was hitting on you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

This was my first thought also, but I don't want to simply assume. Just very curious.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Are you a TURTLE???

edit on 6/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

If not you should be, you may get a similar grip.....

Trust me, no secret or conspiracy in the Internation Order of Turtles

Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
edit on 6/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hitting on me? Ha ha he!
The very first time I got this hand shake I kinda thought that in the back of my mind. That's why I pulled my hand back the first time I received such a shake. But what makes me doubt that it was a flirtatious gesture is that I received the same exact grasp from three different individuals, in three different cities, upon discussing knowledge and spirituality.

I did try a net serch for this grasp, and the closest I could find so far is the ""MA-HA-BONE" Real Grip of a Master Mason, as described on this site: Secret Masonic Handshakes, Passwords, Grips And Signs Of Blue Lodge Masonry

But instead of "pressing the tops of the fingers against the wrist," it was a succession of taps. It was indeed a grasp, not a shake. Perhaps I should have better clarified. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

No, I am not a Turtle, nor do I belong to any society, fraternity, religion, committee, or organization. I'm just a student seeking the righteous path. Interesting reading on the Turtles

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
NOT a Mason as you describe it....its close...but thts not how a Mason signals for recognition...thats a different set of signs

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by AdamAnt

No, I am not a Turtle, nor do I belong to any society, fraternity, religion, committee, or organization. I'm just a student seeking the righteous path. Interesting reading on the Turtles

It doesnt require being part of any established org to follow a righteous path, but In my opinion it does require searching for righteousness outside of this medium, especially this specific site. The only places i've heard of a grip being used like this is totally outside of "craft" masonry. Appendant or concordant bodies of this fraternity may have something similar, but it is not part of true masonry.
If you are looking for true mathematics, or science, 95% of this population will typically steer you in the wrong direction. Don't believe nothing no one else says, not even me, Ask, Seek, and Knock, just make sure you knock on the right doors. Then verify that answer with proper studying.

Peace, God

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Ok, thanks.

I contemplated if I should even pose my inquiry on this site, yielding to respect for secrecy to any with knowledge. However, profane and uninitiated, I believe it's not a huge commotion if I discuss a hand grasp that is not even noticeable to others in visual proximity. I only asked in the utmost respect if it is a secretive grasp. And I'm pretty sure if I could just find out so easily, it wouldn't be a secret

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

I agree with your words brother. I am destined to seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave, in what ever manifestation truth may spring forth. We are steered incorrectly by 85% through ignorance and 10% through lies. I've built but never cipher.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It could be what is known as the "Hypnotic Handshake".

It is an induction technique and is very effective.

Click here to learn more

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

Thank you for sharing. I've never heard of this 'Hypnotic Handshake' before.

Sometimes they remark, "What did you say? I got absentminded there for a moment and wasn't paying attention to anything." This is slightly distressing to the subjects and indicative of the fact that their attention was so focused and fixated on the peculiar hand stimuli that they were momentarily entranced so they did not hear what was said.

Kind of unsettling now that you've brought this up. Upon receiving the grasp mentioned in my OP, I distinctly remember my awareness being directed at the weird wrist tap, then I simply walked away from the hand shake with a "what did you just say?" feeling. Wow, I will have to do some deep meditation to see what I can draw from my subconscious mind about that moment. Hmmm...

edit on 6/7/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Very interesting indeed. I have had a somewhat similar experience to this. In several cities, especially in Florida, when discussing the same subjects that what you mentioned, I have received an odd handshake.

When shaking my right hand, my hand was clasped, & instead of my hand being squeezed in the grip of the fingers and pumped up and down as I would expect; instead the mount of Venus region on my hand was pressed with the thumb. This is the area between the index finger and thumb, where the webbed area is. It is never enough pressure to be painful, but enough for the grip to feel peculiar, you know.This does not seem to be sloppy a set of handshakes with a common element, either, in my opinion. Another odd handshake is a clasp with the first knuckle of the first or second finger pressed in to the center of my palm. That second one is a pretty rare occurrence nowadays, though.

I have never been bothered by this different sort of handshake, just a little perplexed by it being a common element at the end of a conversation with a one or more strangers about certain esoteric subjects.

On a side note, I find it curious that the hypnotic handshake was mentioned by another poster, because I have had a few conversations over the years that had an slight element of hypnosis about them.In these instances I would not be able to easily recall the conversation or the name of the person a few minutes later. One time this happened where I had a very deep esoteric conversation with an individual, and when we said good bye, literally 10 seconds later I ran into a friend and I could not recall those two things when asked by my friend who that was that I had been talking to.

edit on 7/6/11 by sigil23 because: typos

edit on 7/6/11 by sigil23 because: to add last paragraph

edit on 7/6/11 by sigil23 because: typos

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Thanks for sharing! Seems we've had similar encounters. I don't know much about secret handshakes to give any opinion on your experiences. Have you tried to net search the description of the shake/grasp you received?

I had no idea the human mind was so vulnerable to hypnosis! Rapid induction hypnosis is insane. I hope I wasn't slipped some hypnotic phrase, that may cultivate and grow in my own subconscious. I'll figure out through meditation if the stranger did indeed give me a subliminal suggestion using the hypnotic hand shake technique. Very unsettling indeed!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt

Are you a TURTLE???

YBYSAIA

Trust me, no secret or conspiracy in the Internation Order of Turtles

I strongly disagree. Although only Turtles with the most pure and innocent minds are made aware of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

edit on 14/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Update:
I just had an extremely lucid dream, in which I can only recall being given this same shake/grasp with such force that I was awakened from my sleep.

Anyone know or willing to tell me anything more about this shake/grasp? I still haven't been able to find out anything more.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I will tell you there are 2 sets of grips for practically every degree. There is a "pass-grip" and a "real-grip"
the passgrip is used to identify, and the realgrip to confirm. I will tell you that it does not sound like ANY passgrip, and although I'm having a hard time visualizing the grip in which you allude to, it does not sound nor could it be a real-grip: as a Mason is only allowed give the realgrip in the same manner as it was given to him. It takes 2 to tango

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Themadalchemist

Thank you my friend, for your knowledge and opinion on the matter. It just seems too coincidental to receive the same shake/grasp from different strangers, in different cities, while discussing esoteric principles.

If you having a hard time imagining it....

The standard hand grasp, as if to shake hands. Instead of shaking, the person gives my wrist several rapid taps with one or two fingers (I didn't notice if it was one or two fingers), almost like a morse code

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join