It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to have Sleep Paralysis?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I thought sleep paralysis was your body's way of protecting you when you sleep so you doing go sleep walking or something like that. Why would anyone not want sleep paralysis? Would you want to put yourself in serious danger by walking to the top of your stairs while sleeping?

Your body knows what it's suppose to do all by itself, we don't need to have absolute control over everything the body does, it does fine on it's own. Here's a link which gives some information on sleep paralysis, there's more stuff floating about the internet so have a look around about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Thanks for the link!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Wow thats freaky! Must have been weird. Maybe it was you fighting the SP??

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Weird to come upon this thread, I just got up from a nap and had a bout of SP myself. There was a dark figure on my chest, but it turns out it was only my dog.

But in all seriousness, if you have it a lot I find the best way to break it is to not panic(which is tough) and work on moving your toes. Once the toes move for me I always feel loose and comfortable again.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bear Man

If you can get past the panic and realize you're experiencing sleep paralysis, you can practice lucid dreaming.. and that is fantastic. Basically create your own reality, dream, world, whatever you want to call it, as you go. Perhaps that is why some people "want" to have SP. Personally, for me the initial falling into SP is always stressful however, once I'm there I control what happens and make it into whatever I want it to be.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

Abit late to reply, but most scientists belive that its because our brain wakes up before our body, out from REM sleep. Basically your pineal gland, releases '___', making u dream, and well there is still '___' in your body when u wake up, therefore hallucinations in paralysis. I personally belive that we experience unpleasent things in paralysis, is because our first instinct is "omg i cant move = fear = panic = possible trouble sleeping".
Whats projected is just a product of our imagination, we can harness our fear and turn it into a nice experience, just like lucid dreams! possible OBE too
Were only as strong as we choose to be! keep telling yourself your strong and fearless! that u aint gonna bother spending your attention on such a weak emotion, its a emotion that feeds of our and kids fears! bottom of the foodchain
! Fear is a weak emotion, that needs nothing but a beating!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

Great advice! Fear is most definetly a weakness! Yeah I have finaly been able to control it. I am not scared anymore and I have since had a couple of lucid dreams so it has worked out to my benefit!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

..no one wants sleep paralysis because it's generally pretty damn scary. Sleep paralysis is when your mind wakes before your body. Yes you are paralysed so your body doesn't thrash during dreams, but waking up before it does is scary. Also it's a scary thought that your mind can just flip a switch and you are turned off to control of your body.

In all of my experiences I sense a malevolent figure that is always either just as my door (perpetually about to enter) or just off to my side ( just out of my peripheral vision).

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

..no one wants sleep paralysis because it's generally pretty damn scary. Sleep paralysis is when your mind wakes before your body. Yes you are paralysed so your body doesn't thrash during dreams, but waking up before it does is scary. Also it's a scary thought that your mind can just flip a switch and you are turned off to control of your body.

In all of my experiences I sense a malevolent figure that is always either just as my door (perpetually about to enter) or just off to my side ( just out of my peripheral vision).

Well, then i am the 1st one who wants it, and a bit more than 1 in 5 months.
Oh yes, almost everybody is sensing this presence, and is sensing a feeling of fear, but once you realise that you
should not worry about fear , to forget to think about fear and relax, then you will get vibrations and even more
if you manage to do it.

I even think that my sleep paralysis (i had about 5 in 1 year) were started by this presence (kinda feeling of fear or something like that).
edit on 11/9/2012 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis a lot when I sleep on my back. I hate it! lol My bf never had one and would want to experience one just to see what I'm talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join