It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to have Sleep Paralysis?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Must be nice!!! I would get it on with Wentworth Miller every night!!!
I am gonna try real hard to turn it into a lucid dream just for that reason!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I woke up once for the same reason, I used my weight to swing my legs out of bed then stood to find I couldn't feel my legs at all, I also ended up in a heap in a 2 foot by 4 foot space, i'm 6 foot tall.

I don't think it's linked to sp but it was wierd and I have never had it since.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrtsxcgirl
reply to post by Death_Kron

Ok I will go read up on some of your threads on the topic..

I enjoy consuming toxins!!!!

Me too

My experiences on the matter;

Strange Lucid Dream

More Lucid Strangeness

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by Suspiria

you just have to tell yourself that it is not real and that you can not get hurt in SP and this may help. whn i was in SP the other night i felt like there was aperson standing behind me and she was whispering something and it did freak me out a bit. so , even though i try and tell myself nothing casn happen sometimes my nerves get the best of me

Yeah, that seemed to help for years in fact. Did the whole calm down girl, toe wiggles the lot. Unfortunately though it stepped itself up a peg like a living entity determined not to be shrugged off so easily. Needless to say that when they occur these days no amount on conscious calming effects cut it. My OH has even watched me stuck in an episode for over an hour powerless to help because he didn't know such a thing existed & afraid that even trying to help rouse me out of it would be dangerous.
Having seen me struggle I'm not sure who's most terrified of it happening, him or me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
When paralyzed in your sleep an easy way to get out is take VERY deep and shallow breaths and you will wake up eventually, because you can still control your dreaming.

Works every single time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've had more episodes of sp than i can count. been a regular occurrence since i was 19, now 35. truth be told my first episode occured after i had spent an afternoon attempting to have an obe...without success. that same night though i found myself paralyzed & terrified beyond belief. what an experience that was and to this day most of them are very frightening. but now and again they are peaceful. even though i have researched the topic endlessly i'm still not quite sure what to make of them. could be coincidence or did i unlock something mentally? so many theories, who knows... 2+2=4, but so does 3+1.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis only one time in my life. and it was the most frightening experience I've ever had in all of my 21 years of being here. It was a typical gray alien abduction hallucination and felt completely real. I fought through the experience for a couple of hours.

luckily I haven't had that # ever again. lol but sleep paralysis sucks. hallucinatory sleep paralysis sucks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis at least five to seven times in my life.

The most terrifying experience of it was only a few years ago when I dreamt that I was in a museum of puppets and they had all come to life. I was running away from them when one of them grabbed my wrist. At that moment I woke up and I could still see the puppet's chipped wooden figure looming over me in the darkness and couldn't move.

Looking back it was pretty awesome, albeit terrifying.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i definatley DONT want sleep paralysis

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I hate SP, i get it all the time. The weird part is if i forget to pray and ask for protection that night it will happen and i will be attacked by this dark figure. But when i pray it doesent happen.

At least you know what causes it.

But when people refuse to believe in the spirit world, they come up with all sorts of nonsense to explain it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuan
When paralyzed in your sleep an easy way to get out is take VERY deep and shallow breaths and you will wake up eventually, because you can still control your dreaming.

Works every single time.

You will find even if you don't "take breaths" you will wake up eventually.

Every single time.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The first few times it happened to me I was scared $&%#less, I had a feeling of impending doom and I fought with every fiber of my being just to wiggle a toe. Eventually I read up on it and learned to let go of the fear, now when I get it initially I feel like something is trying to pull me through the headboard and I sit back and enjoy the ride because I know I'll be lucid soon, the only problem I have with being lucid is maintaining it because I immediately start trying to do the things that defy physics like flying and manifesting whatever I want.... when that happens I get excited and wake up unfortunately ... I'm trying to learn to control that but it's hard, Im like a kid in a candy store...lol

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

I've had it ever since i can remember. I still get it around 2 or 3 times a month.
It sucks.. I can't imagine anyone wanting to have it. I've posted about it in several sleep paralysis threads.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
As a child and teen I often had SP, it subsided for a few years until I became a raver in my early 20s, then it started happening a lot. It was caused by going out raving for days at a time on ecstasy and getting no sleep for a few days. When you try to sleep your body is so exhausted that it immediately falls asleep, but the drugs are keeping your mind awake - so if people are really desperate to experience SP, take amphetamine based drugs, stay awake for several days, then try and sleep.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'll point out that it happened so often as a teen (at least once a week) that I got very good at 'pushing' myself out of the state, there were only a few instances where I was stuck for more than a few minutes.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey guys! Sweet topic, I have suffered from SP all my life and it used to terrify me. Over the years I came to grips with it and learned not to fear it but just ride it out and tell myself it would be alright. Something interesting happened when I didn't fear it or try to shake out of it anymore. I started to hear an intense buzzing noise in my ear and as it got louder and more intense, like electricity shooting through my body, I started to feel as if I was spinning on my head.

Next thing I know there is this "POP" feeling and I am floating over my body looking down on myself. I have had a few OBEs through SP. It's what I believe anyway! I haven't had an OBE in years though and haven't had an episode of SP lately. Also there are one or two good times I can really remember about being Lucid in a dream. Also when I had SP and feared it, I never actually saw any entities but I always sensed something or somebody was near, just out of my sight range. I also heard voices talking like people having random conversations. This is such an interesting topic. I love this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

Dont worry sleep paralysis is perfectly natural, I also have had this from time to time. I feel like im being held down while seeing a dark figure beside me, I even feel like im spinning sometimes. The figure you see is not some kind of evil entity, it is a hallucinogenic hallucination. I remember the first time it happend I was so scared I done a lot of research on the subject before I found out what it was. It can be frightening however sleep paralysis can actually be useful, I regularly do meditation and you can self induce lucid dreams and out of body experiences from the sleep paralysis state. Anyway if you just want to be free take a breath then start to wiggle a finger, concentrate on that and slowly move up your arm. The focus on your body helps you to wake up aswell as stay calm.

OMG! That happened to me as well, what with the dark figure and everything. I asked my friends about it and they seemed to think it sounded something like a succubus or something but I think they were wrong. I don't know what it was though, but they were talking! a man and a woman. and the man was holding me down and they were laughing and it was horrible :| This is the same night I heard a childs laugh on my landing though :| Bearing in mind I was home alone! What do you think this was? I don't understand it

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I had this messed up experience where I woke up...knew I was awake...and heard a heavy, heavy breathing behind me, perhaps on the bed or on the floor right next to my bed. I was terrified to see what it was, because my dog had just been put to sleep a week or so before that night. But to my surprise, I couldn't even move.... not long later I was able to move but the breathing noise was gone and nothing was there.

How is this explainable? Was I still dreaming yet awake somehow? It truly baffles me thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by agnostimed13

Go a few posts up and read my last post.

Yeah, you were waking up from your dream but you were still caught in the state of REM (Rapid-Eye-Movement), so were still experiencing the natural hallucinations that occur when you sleep.

Sleep Paralysis is one of the main reasons we have so many people claiming to be abducted by aliens or attacked by demons in their sleep. It looks, feels and sounds real, but it's all in the mind.

When I was a child and also still Christian I experienced sleep paralysis quite a few times. I used to think the devil was holding me down on the bed and heard what sounded like a mixture between heavy breathing and large gusts of wind - it terrified the life out of me!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
reply to post by agnostimed13

Go a few posts up and read my last post.

Yeah, you were waking up from your dream but you were still caught in the state of REM (Rapid-Eye-Movement), so were still experiencing the natural hallucinations that occur when you sleep.

Sleep Paralysis is one of the main reasons we have so many people claiming to be abducted by aliens or attacked by demons in their sleep. It looks, feels and sounds real, but it's all in the mind.

When I was a child and also still Christian I experienced sleep paralysis quite a few times. I used to think the devil was holding me down on the bed and heard what sounded like a mixture between heavy breathing and large gusts of wind - it terrified the life out of me!

That's pretty fascinating! Thanks for the input!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join