It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to have Sleep Paralysis?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
remeber that you dream faster than you normally think and what you dream about depends on many things, including simply what mood you are in when you sleep.

those few seconds might have seemed alot longer and so the pain felt more serious that it might have been, you may have even got a cramp while you were asleep and awoke as it was fading.

My main annoyance with waking during sleep is the falling/loud noise/sudden event in a light dream that makes you wake upruptly and your body comes out of sleep paralasis almost instantly, perhaps with a little 'yelp' or heavy breathing. Then i just tell myself, "oh you did it again, rooms empty everythings fine, go back to sleep while your still dozy"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is a great way to induce an out of body experience... it's been my method as of lately.

Normally you'll panic when you wake up paralyzed, but if you just calm your mind and relax (in your mind you have to *want* to oobe, dont try to move your limbs)... then the ringing in your ears starts, white light.. buzzing... pulling.. then you're out !

BUT if you just want to be un-paralyzed.. just wiggle your toes. Works for me at least.

ps. i've had an evil face appear too, on the brink of sleep/paralysis.. i remember some old un-dead looking grandma was in my room trying to grab me and saying in an evil voice "dont worry... we cant get to the other side..."
edit on 6-6-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Ok I will go read up on some of your threads on the topic..

I enjoy consuming toxins!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Wow creepy Grandma faces!!! SCARY...

Ok next time I will try to wiggle my toes.. I will post if it helps!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense. I think I was having a nightmare but its hard to remember after the way I felt... Thanks for your input!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've had SP a couple of times, the first time I can remember being in bed at my Nan's when I was staying over night when I was a young adult, lying on my left side in the foetal position, I opened my eyes and was unable to move anything except my head very slightly and my eyes.
I noticed a small 'gnome' like creature disapear behind my back and soon after woke up with a start and an feeling of anxiety.
The second time was in my own home now except about 15 years later after the first time, the experience was the same, except this time as the gnome creature went behind me I envisaged a green shield or dome over myself and my now wife who was sleeping on my left, the gnome creature tried to get in and the as it hit the shield the whole dome flashed a green white light, when the light subsided I then noticed a taller ( about 5 foot ) cloaked figure but this time I actually said to myself ( using the voice I think in ( every one thinks in their own voice ) " I do not welcome this, begone from my presence" ) those exact words , I'm not normally that formal. and then I woke up.
I didn't feel any pain as some SP's have stated in this thread , just anxious about the experience, but I always look forward to the next episode, mainly to ask questions of the 'visitors' I get ( the gnome and mr. cloaky) and see if they answer, and also because you can OOBE from there which I try every night (to OOBE).
edit on 8/6/11 by DataWraith because: added text

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a problem.
when I go to sleep my mind stays awake?
and one time I try'd to get up to go for a pee.
but my body was asleep.
I just ended up in a mess on the floor.
and cloud not move for 5 seconds.
I am more careful now.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Like others have said, if you can realize in the moment that it's just a SP episode, it stops being scary. The first few times it happened to me, I was terrified. That was before I did any research. After I ready some articles and understood better as to what was happenning, I was able to identify what was happenning. I would say to my self "you're just dreaming, relax, go back to sleep" and instantly the fear would subside.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
People want anything that they can use to convince themselves they are somehow special and different from other people.

Technically, everyone has "sleep paralysis" in the sense that the body is paralyzed for the most part to keep you from acting out your dreams in a way that is dangerous to you. What is less common, is waking up while still in that state, and experiencing the paralysis.

Oh its horrible, i wouldnt wish it on anyone, ive had it about half a dozen times, nothing exciting like spooky faces or anything, i just wake up and i can see around me but i cant move. The last time, i was in bed, and i could feel myself falling out of the bed (and ive got a really high bed), and waiting for the pain because i had no way of protecting myself, thankfully my body woke up in time.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I had an episode of sleep paralysis for the first time in my life a few months ago and I remember intense fear associated with it. I never saw any old hag or felt anyone/thing else in the room with me, but for some reason I had this incredibly intense sense of terror. To be honest, I kind of want it to happen again. I think because the first time I was "surprised" by it in the sense I had no idea what to expect when it happened so it was all new and I just kind of freaked out. I want it to happen again so I can maybe experience it from a different point of view now. Of course I wouldn't want it to be a common occurrence like it is for some people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I've had it many times before. I haven't spoken to anyone whom has ever experienced it to "enjoy" it. For me it was always terrifying. Sometimes I saw this gnome looking thing with red eyes and a hood staring at me. Completely dark face other than that.. decked out in some druid robe - or something akin to that if you can imagine.

I would not call that part of my life a sober one by any means. FWIW

Ok, now you're creeping me out. When I have SP, one of the special guest stars are the little short guys in the robes. OTOH, they're never a problem. If I draw the little blue guys in the robes, it's either going to be a test or something entertaining. Usually VERY entertaining. You generally don't ever get just one little guy, though, they come in sets.

The angel lady is another one that shows up, and that one's generally something tiring or freaky.

What I don't want to see are the dead people, or the things you can't see that are in the bedroom, or worst of all, the thing that comes in the window. No no no. None of that for me.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

It is scary, I've had it more times than I can count.

I will tell you why I like having it sometimes. Because if I just go with it and do not fight it, it launches me into a lucid dream state where I can control mostly everything conciously in my dream. I am no longer a 3rd person participant who is just along for the ride, I AM the ride, so to speak.

Also I was able to have an astral projection (not an extremely clear one) but nontheless, was able to consciously get out of my body and float around my bedroom.

ETA if I'm brave enough I can cause myself to have SP. Immediately after I wake up in the morning I will decide to go back to sleep and voila. Also if I take an afternoon nap it's very likely I will SP. I haven't had any SP lately though, because I have an 8 month old child who does not ever let me fall back asleep. haha.

edit on 11-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

people want to have sleep paralysis because it is the first part of having a lucid dream. what you had may or may not have been SP you mave have had a false awakening or a dream within a dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why would someone want to have SP? Some use it to accomplish lucid dreaming.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Even if it is a means to a lucid dream you can keep it.
I've suffered for so many years just the thought of another episode depresses me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

when you attain sleep paralysis you are tricking your mind into thinking that you are asleep when you are still mentally awake, once you have done this it is easier to have a lucid dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

you just have to tell yourself that it is not real and that you can not get hurt in SP and this may help. whn i was in SP the other night i felt like there was aperson standing behind me and she was whispering something and it did freak me out a bit. so , even though i try and tell myself nothing casn happen sometimes my nerves get the best of me

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I agree.... I had another episode I can not turn it into lucid dreaming and my SP is more frequent then ever. I am having it at-least every 3 to 4 days..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Some say that when it happens, you should get rid of fear and it could be possible to have a out of body experiance.
So far I have been too scared to even try, but I will remember next time and tell those evil presences to go away..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Simple.. Because you can use them to induce lucid dreams and you can also control them so they are no longer frightening experiences. Whatever you expect or believe/think in that state can affect what you will experience, so the trick is to realize that you can control it just using positive thinking.

If i have a SP i can nearly always easily induce a lucid dream within a minute or less.

There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of.. whatever you see, feal or hear is all a product of your own brain.

Edit: And for those who want to experience this for yourself, then i recommend the WILD technique for inducing lucid dreams.

edit on 6-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

Exactly man.
Yes at first it is utter terror and also it can be very painful, but seriously everybody, if you think you can roll with it for just a little while longer, then just like Juleol says, you can have lucid dreams. Personally I can create people at will, I can fly at will and do basically anything I want. (Usually that means I get to get it on with any one I desire haha)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join