It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Legal Killer Weed is OK by Govt. Standards.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Man, thanks alot for the info, im done smoking cigarettes TODAY, and forever.
Flag And Keep It Up Guys, If we want to be free , dont let the government control you by using smokes !

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InS0MnI
Man, thanks alot for the info, im done smoking cigarettes TODAY, and forever.
Flag And Keep It Up Guys, If we want to be free , dont let the government control you by using smokes !

And another one goes for the goal! That's 3 including me.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Russell Crowe did a very good movie in 1999 called The Insider. In it he plays a chemist come whistle blower. The movie talks about how cigarettes were engineered to be highly addictive. This film is a true story and well worth watching.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Russell Crowe did a very good movie in 1999 called The Insider. In it he plays a chemist come whistle blower. The movie talks about how cigarettes were engineered to be highly addictive. This film is a true story and well worth watching.

Seen that movie. Interesting and disturbing.

Thanx for the reminder tho. Think I'll watch it again.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It sounds like some of you are trying to quit. Well I smoked for 15 years and it's been 2 years since I smoked my last cigarette. If you are gonna quit, the best way is to just suffer for three weeks without any nicotine alternatives, such as Nicorette, Nicoderm, etc... Your body supposedly needs three weeks to not be addicted to nicotine. After that, it's all mental. Or you can try picking up a book caledl "Easy Way To Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. It helped with the mental part. GL
edit on 6-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: grammar......

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
It sounds like some of you are trying to quit. Well I smoked for 15 years and it's been 2 years since I smoked my last cigarette. If you are gonna quit, the best way is to just suffer for three weeks without any nicotine alternatives, such as Nicorette, Nicoderm, etc... Your body supposedly needs three weeks to not be addicted to nicotine. After that, it's all mental. Or you can try picking up a book caledl "Easy Way To Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. It helped with the mental part. GL
edit on 6-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: grammar......

Hopefully the ones on this thread that are saying they will quit, will do so. It makes the thread worthwhile even more.

Yes, I'm doing it myself and I have no doubts on how difficult it will be.

Thanks for the post and the support!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I rememebr reading about smokeless tobacco contain fibreglass. Has anyone every been able to prove this one way or the other? Just wondering

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Next thing you know someone is going to claim booze and McDonald's are not good for you. Go figure. I wish you the best in quitting smoking, and sincerely hope you will not become another high-horse better-than-thou former smoker who has to cough and get vocal whenever they see someone that still enjoys tobacco. Seriously, I do wish you the best, you're doing a wise thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by jude11

Next thing you know someone is going to claim booze and McDonald's are not good for you. Go figure. I wish you the best in quitting smoking, and sincerely hope you will not become another high-horse better-than-thou former smoker who has to cough and get vocal whenever they see someone that still enjoys tobacco. Seriously, I do wish you the best, you're doing a wise thing.

Thank you,

There are a few others on this thread that said they are also quitting after reading the thread. I wish luck to all of us!

Nah, not luck...Strength and determination will do it.

Thanx!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I rememebr reading about smokeless tobacco contain fibreglass. Has anyone every been able to prove this one way or the other? Just wondering

I remember something about that when 'light' cigarettes came out. It was apparently in the filters.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chindogu
reply to post by jude11

A few years back I started buying organic "nothing added" smokes. Ya know what? They didn't ease my cravings even though there was just as much nicotine in them as the regular brands. So I guess the reason that cigs are so addictive is all the other chemicals that are added to it. My lungs felt better though.

The governments love to tax, so I don't see any changes coming in the near future, but I for one am quitting this week. More for financial reasons but it would be nice to taste food again.

If the gov could find a way to tax us for farting they would....

Probably under some pollution loophole of methane or something....

Point is...we let a bunch of people who are NOT smart.....they are rich so they get into good schools and pass but are not smart people and they ....90% anyways....run our country......

The people on OUR side are but a handful.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
If the gov could find a way to tax us for farting they would....

Probably under some pollution loophole of methane or something....

Point is...we let a bunch of people who are NOT smart.....they are rich so they get into good schools and pass but are not smart people and they ....90% anyways....run our country......

The people on OUR side are but a handful.

Better not get caught in Florida!

www.articlesnatch.com...

Some of the other strange laws in the state of Florida include: the requirement to have a license to skateboard; it is illegal to sell your children; and no farting after 6 p.m. in public. If one has any temptation to steal a horse, be aware that crime carries a penalty of death by hanging.

Back on topic, the laws allowing cigarettes to be sold are what is really wrong. As stated before, we can't buy milk from our farmer next door but the Govt. can allows billionaires to sell us poison?

Also, it's illegal for us to buy cigarettes from the neighbor next door that was grown and cured naturally.

I can't wrap my head around this.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am wondering how many of you "quitters" are still holding firm to your resolution. The first couple days are the most critical and can become easier after the third day or so. but if you do not have a reason, something that requires one to quit smoking, then along about the third day or so people pat themselves on the back for their willpower to have made it that far and acknowledging their ability to do so when they desire to stop they resume smoking again satisfied that they can quit any time they want but at that moment just don't want to.

I have been smoking for over 45 years since a pre-teen but at times have had reason to quit. When their is proper motivation to do so it can be done but as in my case there was not the intention to quit for good so re-start when the reason for quitting has passed, this was sometimes after two months or more of not smoking.

In the first few days it is never easy and I have to take precautions to not light up just out of habit - I usually quit a few days before required just to get over the irritability before I have to deal with my public. It is good to change your whole living routine so that nothing is habitual and all requires a distinct effort and intent.

I have used nicotine gum and lozenges but that just keeps me addicted and it is best just to "cold-turkey" it. Perhaps having today's high price of cigarettes you will find economic incentive to continue non-smoking. Where I live there really is not that problem so economics is no deterrent.

Problem is, I like smoking and have in my mind there are sound reasons to continue. My personal opinion is that after one has smoked for so many decades there are things that attack the body that the nicotine has been keeping in check for so long. This is personal opinion and not backed-up by any physicians' claims that I am aware of.

Side comment - I always enjoyed my trips to Florida, particularly that they have some good nightclubs with some good hard rock bands unlike in California in most places that play soft stuff that puts me to sleep. My work would send me there for several weeks at a time and there was always plenty to do in the evenings. I just never realized I was not supposed to be out farting around there after 6pm. I will have to keep that in mind in the future.

Best of luck and I hope you can do it. It takes a lot of determination and sometimes you have to build your own barriers to continue to stay off the cigs. I have known people that have just decided to quit and did so on that day and never picked it up again. I hope your experience is like theirs.

To your health. Salud!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My effort begins tomorrow, he says, as he drags from his cig. I am all with you on this one. I hate smoking and I can't stop.

CJ

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
They've had this type of packaging in Australia for probably upwards of the last 10 years... they're now trying to implement brand-free packaging so that all cigarette packs look the same but show the name of the brand and cigarette type, plus the gory image... Cigarette companies are planning to sue them for damages relating to the millions spent on branding, etc... and, well, rightfully so.

... Yet, they still won't ban tobacco.

Having said that, cigarettes kill, and so does alcohol and all kinds of other food additives. It seems hypocritical in a way to put these types of images on cigarettes and not put pictures of morbidly obese people on unhealthy, processed foods like McDonalds... Being fat is also a killer...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Star for that. Pictures of morbidly obese semi-nudes taking up 50% of the label on snacky cakes and other snack foods. Best suggestion I've heard in a long time.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
this thread is so stressful..,eh im lightening up now
ahhh thats better * cough*

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If I can quit, anyone can, just use the patch and rub the hell out of it when the craving hits.

You weren't smokers when you were born, or as children, and probably not as pre-teens, so it isn't as necessary to a smooth day as one might feel (though I believe in everyone's right to do what they please, even if that means smoking 3 packs a day).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ok,

For an update. I quit!...almost

Since I started this thread I have had 6 cigarettes (2 days) down from 2 packs per day. I know it's not absolute but it is so damn hard!

Honestly, the cold turkey thing is scarier than smoking. Letting that od friend go is terrifying but...

I am determined to do this so I'll ride more day and *snip*.

How are the others doing? Last count was 4 others I believe. It would be great to hear about your battles...failures, successes?

Thanx to everyone's help and here's to success!

I wonder what a pink lung feels like?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join