It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
* Acetanisole * Acetic Acid * Acetoin * Acetophenone * 6-Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane * 2-Acetyl-3- Ethylpyrazine * 2-Acetyl-5-Methylfuran * Acetylpyrazine * 2-Acetylpyridine * 3-Acetylpyridine * 2-Acetylthiazole * Aconitic Acid * dl-Alanine * Alfalfa Extract * Allspice Extract,Oleoresin, and Oil * Allyl Hexanoate * Allyl Ionone * Almond Bitter Oil * Ambergris Tincture * Ammonia * Ammonium Bicarbonate * Ammonium Hydroxide * Ammonium Phosphate Dibasic * Ammonium Sulfide * Amyl Alcohol * Amyl Butyrate * Amyl Formate * Amyl Octanoate * alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde * Amyris Oil * trans-Anethole * Angelica Root Extract, Oil and Seed Oil * Anise * Anise Star, Extract and Oils * Anisyl Acetate * Anisyl Alcohol * Anisyl Formate * Anisyl Phenylacetate * Apple Juice Concentrate, Extract, and Skins * Apricot Extract and Juice Concentrate * 1-Arginine * Asafetida Fluid Extract And Oil * Ascorbic Acid * 1-Asparagine Monohydrate * 1-Aspartic Acid * Balsam Peru and Oil * Basil Oil * Bay Leaf, Oil and Sweet Oil * Beeswax White * Beet Juice Concentrate * Benzaldehyde * Benzaldehyde Glyceryl Acetal * Benzoic Acid, Benzoin * Benzoin Resin * Benzophenone * Benzyl Alcohol * Benzyl Benzoate * Benzyl Butyrate * Benzyl Cinnamate * Benzyl Propionate * Benzyl Salicylate * Bergamot Oil * Bisabolene * Black Currant Buds Absolute * Borneol * Bornyl Acetate * Buchu Leaf Oil * 1,3-Butanediol * 2,3-Butanedione * 1-Butanol * 2-Butanone * 4(2-Butenylidene)-3,5,5-Trimethyl-2-Cyclohexen-1-One * Butter, Butter Esters, and Butter Oil * Butyl Acetate * Butyl Butyrate * Butyl Butyryl Lactate * Butyl Isovalerate * Butyl Phenylacetate * Butyl Undecylenate * 3-Butylidenephthalide * Butyric Acid] * Cadinene * Caffeine * Calcium Carbonate * Camphene * Cananga Oil * Capsicum Oleoresin * Caramel Color * Caraway Oil * Carbon Dioxide * Cardamom Oleoresin, Extract, Seed Oil, and Powder * Carob Bean and Extract * beta-Carotene * Carrot Oil * Carvacrol * 4-Carvomenthenol * 1-Carvone * beta-Caryophyllene * beta-Caryophyllene Oxide * Cascarilla Oil and Bark Extract * Cassia Bark Oil * Cassie Absolute and Oil * Castoreum Extract, Tincture and Absolute * Cedar Leaf Oil * Cedarwood Oil Terpenes and Virginiana * Cedrol * Celery Seed Extract, Solid, Oil, And Oleoresin * Cellulose Fiber * Chamomile Flower Oil And Extract * Chicory Extract * Chocolate * Cinnamaldehyde * Cinnamic Acid * Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Bark Oil, and Extract * Cinnamyl Acetate * Cinnamyl Alcohol * Cinnamyl Cinnamate * Cinnamyl Isovalerate * Cinnamyl Propionate * Citral * Citric Acid * Citronella Oil * dl-Citronellol * Citronellyl Butyrate * itronellyl Isobutyrate * Civet Absolute * Clary Oil * Clover Tops, Red Solid Extract * Cocoa * Cocoa Shells, Extract, Distillate And Powder * Coconut Oil * Coffee * Cognac White and Green Oil * Copaiba Oil * Coriander Extract and Oil * Corn Oil * Corn Silk * Costus Root Oil * Cubeb Oil * Cuminaldehyde * para-Cymene * 1-Cysteine
* Dandelion Root Solid Extract * Davana Oil * 2-trans, 4-trans-Decadienal * delta-Decalactone * gamma-Decalactone * Decanal * Decanoic Acid * 1-Decanol * 2-Decenal * Dehydromenthofurolactone * Diethyl Malonate * Diethyl Sebacate * 2,3-Diethylpyrazine * Dihydro Anethole * 5,7-Dihydro-2-Methylthieno(3,4-D) Pyrimidine * Dill Seed Oil and Extract * meta-Dimethoxybenzene * para-Dimethoxybenzene * 2,6-Dimethoxyphenol * Dimethyl Succinate * 3,4-Dimethyl-1,2 Cyclopentanedione * 3,5- Dimethyl-1,2-Cyclopentanedione * 3,7-Dimethyl-1,3,6-Octatriene * 4,5-Dimethyl-3-Hydroxy-2,5-Dihydrofuran-2-One * 6,10-Dimethyl-5,9-Undecadien-2-One * 3,7-Dimethyl-6-Octenoic Acid * 2,4 Dimethylacetophenone * alpha,para-Dimethylbenzyl Alcohol * alpha,alpha-Dimethylphenethyl Acetate * alpha,alpha Dimethylphenethyl Butyrate * 2,3-Dimethylpyrazine * 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine * 2,6-Dimethylpyrazine * Dimethyltetrahydrobenzofuranone * delta-Dodecalactone * gamma-Dodecalactone * para-Ethoxybenzaldehyde * Ethyl 10-Undecenoate * Ethyl 2-Methylbutyrate * Ethyl Acetate * Ethyl Acetoacetate * Ethyl Alcohol * Ethyl Benzoate * Ethyl Butyrate * Ethyl Cinnamate * Ethyl Decanoate * Ethyl Fenchol * Ethyl Furoate * Ethyl Heptanoate * Ethyl Hexanoate * Ethyl Isovalerate * Ethyl Lactate * Ethyl Laurate * Ethyl Levulinate * Ethyl Maltol * Ethyl Methyl Phenylglycidate * Ethyl Myristate * Ethyl Nonanoate * Ethyl Octadecanoate * Ethyl Octanoate * Ethyl Oleate * Ethyl Palmitate * Ethyl Phenylacetate * Ethyl Propionate * Ethyl Salicylate * Ethyl trans-2-Butenoate * Ethyl Valerate * Ethyl Vanillin * 2-Ethyl (or Methyl)-(3,5 and 6)-Methoxypyrazine * 2-Ethyl-1-Hexanol, 3-Ethyl -2 -Hydroxy-2-Cyclopenten-1-One * 2-Ethyl-3, (5 or 6)-Dimethylpyrazine * 5-Ethyl-3-Hydroxy-4-Methyl-2(5H)-Furanone * 2-Ethyl-3-Methylpyrazine * 4-Ethylbenzaldehyde * 4-Ethylguaiacol * para-Ethylphenol * 3-Ethylpyridine * Eucalyptol * Farnesol * D-Fenchone * Fennel Sweet Oil * Fenugreek, Extract, Resin, and Absolute * Fig Juice Concentrate * Food Starch Modified * Furfuryl Mercaptan * 4-(2-Furyl)-3-Buten-2-One * Galbanum Oil * Genet Absolute * Gentian Root Extract * Geraniol * Geranium Rose Oil * Geranyl Acetate * Geranyl Butyrate * Geranyl Formate * Geranyl Isovalerate * Geranyl Phenylacetate * Ginger Oil and Oleoresin * 1-Glutamic Acid * 1-Glutamine * Glycerol * Glycyrrhizin Ammoniated * Grape Juice Concentrate * Guaiac Wood Oil * Guaiacol * Guar Gum * 2,4-Heptadienal * gamma-Heptalactone * Heptanoic Acid * 2-Heptanone * 3-Hepten-2-One * 2-Hepten-4-One * 4-Heptenal * trans -2-Heptenal * Heptyl Acetate * omega-6-Hexadecenlactone * gamma-Hexalactone * Hexanal * Hexanoic Acid * 2-Hexen-1-Ol * 3-Hexen-1-Ol * cis-3-Hexen-1-Yl Acetate * 2-Hexenal * 3-Hexenoic Acid * trans-2-Hexenoic Acid * cis-3-Hexenyl Formate * Hexyl 2-Methylbutyrate * Hexyl Acetate * Hexyl Alcohol * Hexyl Phenylacetate * 1-Histidine * Honey * Hops Oil * Hydrolyzed Milk Solids * Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins * 5-Hydroxy-2,4-Decadienoic Acid delta- Lactone * 4-Hydroxy-2,5-Dimethyl-3(2H)-Furanone * 2-Hydroxy-3,5,5-Trimethyl-2-Cyclohexen-1-One * 4-Hydroxy -3-Pentenoic Acid Lactone * 2-Hydroxy-4-Methylbenzaldehyde * 4-Hydroxybutanoic Acid Lactone * Hydroxycitronellal * 6-Hydroxydihydrotheaspirane * 4-(para-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Butanone * Hyssop Oil * Immortelle Absolute and Extract * alpha-Ionone * beta-Ionone * alpha-Irone * Isoamyl Acetate * Isoamyl Benzoate * Isoamyl Butyrate * Isoamyl Cinnamate * Isoamyl Formate, Isoamyl Hexanoate * Isoamyl Isovalerate * Isoamyl Octanoate * Isoamyl Phenylacetate * Isobornyl Acetate * Isobutyl Acetate * Isobutyl Alcohol * Isobutyl Cinnamate * Isobutyl Phenylacetate * Isobutyl Salicylate * 2-Isobutyl-3-Methoxypyrazine * alpha-Isobutylphenethyl Alcohol * Isobutyraldehyde * Isobutyric Acid * d,l-Isoleucine * alpha-Isomethylionone * 2-Isopropylphenol * Isovaleric Acid * Jasmine Absolute, Concrete and Oil * Kola Nut Extract * Labdanum Absolute and Oleoresin * Lactic Acid * Lauric Acid * Lauric Aldehyde * Lavandin Oil * Lavender Oil * Lemon Oil and Extract * Lemongrass Oil * 1-Leucine * Levulinic Acid * Licorice Root, Fluid, Extract and Powder * Lime Oil * Linalool * Linalool Oxide * Linalyl Acetate * Linden Flowers * Lovage Oil And Extract * 1-Lysine] * Mace Powder, Extract and Oil * Magnesium Carbonate * Malic Acid * Malt and Malt Extract * Maltodextrin * Maltol * Maltyl Isobutyrate * Mandarin Oil * Maple Syrup and Concentrate * Mate Leaf, Absolute and Oil * para-Mentha-8-Thiol-3-One * Menthol * Menthone * Menthyl Acetate * dl-Methionine * Methoprene * 2-Methoxy-4-Methylphenol * 2-Methoxy-4-Vinylphenol * para-Methoxybenzaldehyde * 1-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-1-Penten-3-One * 4-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-2-Butanone * 1-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-2-Propanone * Methoxypyrazine * Methyl 2-Furoate * Methyl 2-Octynoate * Methyl 2-Pyrrolyl Ketone * Methyl Anisate * Methyl Anthranilate * Methyl Benzoate * Methyl Cinnamate * Methyl Dihydrojasmonate * Methyl Ester of Rosin, Partially Hydrogenated * Methyl Isovalerate * Methyl Linoleate (48%) * Methyl Linolenate (52%) Mixture * Methyl Naphthyl Ketone * Methyl Nicotinate * Methyl Phenylacetate * Methyl Salicylate * Methyl Sulfide * 3-Methyl-1-Cyclopentadecanone * 4-Methyl-1-Phenyl-2-Pentanone * 5-Methyl-2-Phenyl-2-Hexenal * 5-Methyl-2-Thiophenecarboxaldehyde * 6-Methyl-3,-5-Heptadien-2-One * 2-Methyl-3-(para-Isopropylphenyl) Propionaldehyde * 5-Methyl-3-Hexen-2-One * 1-Methyl-3Methoxy-4-Isopropylbenzene * 4-Methyl-3-Pentene-2-One * 2-Methyl-4-Phenylbutyraldehyde * 6-Methyl-5-Hepten-2-One * 4-Methyl-5-Thiazoleethanol * 4-Methyl-5-Vinylthiazole
* Methyl-alpha-Ionone * Methyl-trans-2-Butenoic Acid * 4-Methylacetophenone * para-Methylanisole * alpha-Methylbenzyl Acetate * alpha-Methylbenzyl Alcohol * 2-Methylbutyraldehyde * 3-Methylbutyraldehyde * 2-Methylbutyric Acid * alpha-Methylcinnamaldehyde * Methylcyclopentenolone * 2-Methylheptanoic Acid * 2-Methylhexanoic Acid * 3-Methylpentanoic Acid * 4-Methylpentanoic Acid * 2-Methylpyrazine * 5-Methylquinoxaline * 2-Methyltetrahydrofuran-3-One * (Methylthio)Methylpyrazine (Mixture Of Isomers) * 3-Methylthiopropionaldehyde * Methyl 3-Methylthiopropionate * 2-Methylvaleric Acid * Mimosa Absolute and Extract * Molasses Extract and Tincture * Mountain Maple Solid Extract * Mullein Flowers * Myristaldehyde * Myristic Acid * Myrrh Oil * beta-Napthyl Ethyl Ether * Nerol * Neroli Bigarde Oil * Nerolidol * Nona-2-trans,6-cis-Dienal * 2,6-Nonadien-1-Ol * gamma-Nonalactone * Nonanal * Nonanoic Acid * Nonanone * trans-2-Nonen-1-Ol * 2-Nonenal * Nonyl Acetate * Nutmeg Powder and Oil * Oak Chips Extract and Oil * Oak Moss Absolute * 9,12-Octadecadienoic Acid (48%) And 9,12,15-Octadecatrienoic Acid (52%) * delta-Octalactone * gamma-Octalactone * Octanal * Octanoic Acid * 1-Octanol * 2-Octanone * 3-Octen-2-One * 1-Octen-3-Ol * 1-Octen-3-Yl Acetate * 2-Octenal * Octyl Isobutyrate * Oleic Acid * Olibanum Oil * Opoponax Oil And Gum * Orange Blossoms Water, Absolute, and Leaf Absolute * Orange Oil and Extract * Origanum Oil * Orris Concrete Oil and Root Extract * Palmarosa Oil * Palmitic Acid * Parsley Seed Oil * Patchouli Oil * omega-Pentadecalactone * 2,3-Pentanedione * 2-Pentanone * 4-Pentenoic Acid * 2-Pentylpyridine * Pepper Oil, Black And White * Peppermint Oil * Peruvian (Bois De Rose) Oil * Petitgrain Absolute, Mandarin Oil and Terpeneless Oil * alpha-Phellandrene * 2-Phenenthyl Acetate * Phenenthyl Alcohol * Phenethyl Butyrate * Phenethyl Cinnamate * Phenethyl Isobutyrate * Phenethyl Isovalerate * Phenethyl Phenylacetate * Phenethyl Salicylate * 1-Phenyl-1-Propanol * 3-Phenyl-1-Propanol * 2-Phenyl-2-Butenal * 4-Phenyl-3-Buten-2-Ol * 4-Phenyl-3-Buten-2-One * Phenylacetaldehyde * Phenylacetic Acid * 1-Phenylalanine * 3-Phenylpropionaldehyde * 3-Phenylpropionic Acid * 3-Phenylpropyl Acetate * 3-Phenylpropyl Cinnamate * 2-(3-Phenylpropyl)Tetrahydrofuran * Phosphoric Acid * Pimenta Leaf Oil * Pine Needle Oil, Pine Oil, Scotch * Pineapple Juice Concentrate * alpha-Pinene, beta-Pinene * D-Piperitone * Piperonal * Pipsissewa Leaf Extract * Plum Juice * Potassium Sorbate * 1-Proline * Propenylguaethol * Propionic Acid * Propyl Acetate * Propyl para-Hydroxybenzoate * Propylene Glycol * 3-Propylidenephthalide * Prune Juice and Concentrate * Pyridine * Pyroligneous Acid And Extract * Pyrrole * Pyruvic Acid * Raisin Juice Concentrate * Rhodinol * Rose Absolute and Oil * Rosemary Oil * Rum * Rum Ether * Rye Extract * Sage, Sage Oil, and Sage Oleoresin * Salicylaldehyde * Sandalwood Oil, Yellow * Sclareolide * Skatole * Smoke Flavor * Snakeroot Oil * Sodium Acetate * Sodium Benzoate * Sodium Bicarbonate * Sodium Carbonate * Sodium Chloride * Sodium Citrate * Sodium Hydroxide * Solanone * Spearmint Oil * Styrax Extract, Gum and Oil * Sucrose Octaacetate * Sugar Alcohols * Sugars * Tagetes Oil * Tannic Acid * Tartaric Acid * Tea Leaf and Absolute * alpha-Terpineol * Terpinolene * Terpinyl Acetate * 5,6,7,8-Tetrahydroquinoxaline * 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclo(22.214.171.124(4,9))Tridecane * 2,3,4,5, and 3,4,5,6-Tetramethylethyl-Cyclohexanone * 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine * Thiamine Hydrochloride * Thiazole * 1-Threonine * Thyme Oil, White and Red * Thymol * Tobacco Extracts * Tochopherols (mixed) * Tolu Balsam Gum and Extract * Tolualdehydes * para-Tolyl 3-Methylbutyrate * para-Tolyl Acetaldehyde * para-Tolyl Acetate * para-Tolyl Isobutyrate * para-Tolyl Phenylacetate * Triacetin * 2-Tridecanone * 2-Tridecenal * Triethyl Citrate * 3,5,5-Trimethyl -1-Hexanol * para,alpha,alpha-Trimethylbenzyl Alcohol * 4-(2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohex-1-Enyl)But-2-En-4-One * 2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohex-2-Ene-1,4-Dione * 2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohexa-1,3-Dienyl Methan * 4-(2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohexa-1,3-Dienyl)But-2-En-4-One * 2,2,6-Trimethylcyclohexanone * 2,3,5-Trimethylpyrazine * 1-Tyrosine * delta-Undercalactone * gamma-Undecalactone * Undecanal * 2-Undecanone, 1 * 0-Undecenal * Urea * Valencene * Valeraldehyde * Valerian Root Extract, Oil and Powder * Valeric Acid * gamma-Valerolactone * Valine * Vanilla Extract And Oleoresin * Vanillin * Veratraldehyde * Vetiver Oil * Vinegar * Violet Leaf Absolute * Walnut Hull Extract * Water * Wheat Extract And Flour * Wild Cherry Bark Extract * Wine and Wine Sherry * Xanthan Gum * 3,4-Xylenol * Yeast
1) The human cost of tobacco use is devastating. Tobacco is the single greatest cause of disease and premature death in America today and is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths each year. Nearly 25 percent of adult Americans currently smoke, and 3,000 children and adolescents become regular users of tobacco every day.
2) The financial burden of tobacco use is staggering. The societal costs of tobacco death and disease approach $100 billion. Americans spend an estimated $50 billion annually on direct medical care for smoking-related illnesses. Lost productivity and forfeited earnings due to smoking-related disability account for another $47 billion per year.
Placement Location on Cigarette Packages The Tobacco Control Act requires that the nine graphic health warnings appear on the upper portion of the front and rear panels of each cigarette package and comprise at least the top 50 percent of these panels. Placement Location on Cigarette Advertisement It also requires that they appear in each cigarette advertisement16, and occupy at least 20 percent of the advertisement. For advertisements with a surface area less than 12 square inches, the proposed rule provides a subset of proposed color graphics17 to accompany the nine textual warning statements.
Originally posted by Chindogu
reply to post by jude11
A few years back I started buying organic "nothing added" smokes. Ya know what? They didn't ease my cravings even though there was just as much nicotine in them as the regular brands. So I guess the reason that cigs are so addictive is all the other chemicals that are added to it. My lungs felt better though.
The governments love to tax, so I don't see any changes coming in the near future, but I for one am quitting this week. More for financial reasons but it would be nice to taste food again.
Originally posted by camaro68ss
Man those adds are scary. I dont smoke but if i did i would stop after seeing that all day
Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
I'm done smoking now.
I've been smoking and have been around tobacco use for most of my life.
I've known about the dangers and some of the chemicals present but this puts my cherry out, haha!
Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by blackrain17
You could do the same with cannabis however I have no idea why it hasn't been done yet other than the competition for the timber industry.
Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
Joel's Quitting Smoking Library
Just in case anyone else is interested in being irritable and cranky with us while we let the noxious chemicals leave our bodies.
Originally posted by Krystian
Some say they refuse to legalize the plant matter due to the unity and social outlash it caused in the 60s and 70s. I don't know if that is entirely true but a plant matter than can cure 90% of what big pharma is selling you in pill form will never be legalized. The vote would be bought out as it has been in the past.
Another logical assumption would be why create a free thinking society when you have a drugged up zombie society eating up everything you give them?
Many politicians agree the war on drugs is impossible to win, it's very logical to tax the sale of it, but the repercussions after ten, twenty years of having a generation think entirely differently will never allow this. It's too unpredictable for our comfort. Sigh.