It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{VIDEO} SEE how the people react when someone a homeless man lays injured on the sidewalk.{MUST WATC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It really makes no sense to be disgusted by humans behaving this way because chances are pretty big each and every one of us would behave in a similar fashion. Sure when confronted with a situation like this from the comfort of your chair it's easy to say what the right action would have been but with the bystander effect you get things like "diffusion of responsibility" and "behaving in correct and socially acceptable ways".

Please do not try to assume what I would and wouldn't do. Yes, most people would behave this way (in the US anyway), and that's precisely what is so disgusting, but not "each and every one of us". That is absurdity, people never used to be so harsh, and it only continues to get worse.

To a certain extend, for most, it literally is an inability react
No...it's an inability to give two f'ing shts.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomy
You need to see this video too!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by doomy because: (no reason given)

those lions are so turning into vegetarians...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
American exceptionalism indeed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I respect your point of view and the eloquent way you put it. Exceptions always confirm the rule and I guess you are one of those exceptions and that makes you a great attribute to this world.

All I know is that if you are ever in a situation where you need help, the amount of help you will receive is directly proportional to the amount of people present. I.e. if you are drowning you'd be lucky if only one person is around to help you. (unless that person can't swim
)

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It really makes no sense to be disgusted by humans behaving this way because chances are pretty big each and every one of us would behave in a similar fashion. Sure when confronted with a situation like this from the comfort of your chair it's easy to say what the right action would have been but with the bystander effect you get things like "diffusion of responsibility" and "behaving in correct and socially acceptable ways". To a certain extend, for most, it literally is an inability react.

Peace
edit on 7-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

Speak for yourself. I know without a shadow of doubt I'd stop because I've been confronted by this sort of thing multiple times. I am not morally bankrupt. It is sad that you posit most would do as these heartless people did. Who wants to live in a place where people are so devoid of humanity.
edit on 7-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

What was this thread about? All I could do is stare for minutes at your avatar!!! Now THAT is disturbing!!!

Wow, it should win the avatar award of 2011~ !!!

Ok as far as the homeless man being ignored while the pretty woman gets help within 6 seconds, thats just typical of how our society operates, has she been a big fat woman well dressed it would have probably been the same as the homelessman...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

I was three times in such situation (standing up ... laying down, ouch I do not count) ... in all instances I tried to help. 2 occasions were successful, one not so much. Still, next time I'll not hesitate ... it could be ME (if you do not accept general grace) laying down. Corporate slave is more disgusting then any homeless.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Like I said on the previous page....

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
I had to point it out in that thread that this is normal human behavior and it wasn't received very well.

I'll leave you guys to discuss this video without interrupting it anymore.

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's not just America where this thing happens.

A few years ago I was working in London and thought something odd was going on outside of our offices as I noticed people looking down to the ground then carrying on walking by.
At first I thought it was a one off but after a few minutes I thought id go an investigate.
When I went out to see what was wrong a man had collapsed on the floor.
I ran back in and got the receptionist to call an ambulance.
I went out to see the man but he was clearly out of it (unconscious).
Then within a minute an ambulance arrived.

I don't know to this day what happened to the man if he is alive or what

So it just goes to show that it is not just America this sort of thing happens.
Some people really don't want to have their busy lives inconvenienced by some peasant flat on the ground.
I doubt this sort of thing would have happened 30 odd years ago here in the UK.

edit on 7/6/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
I doubt this sort of thing would have happened 30 odd years ago here in the UK.

Just one more time........ (I'm sorry folks)

The most frequently cited example of the bystander effect in introductory psychology textbooks is the brutal murder of a young woman named Catherine "Kitty" Genovese. On Friday, March 13, 1964, 28-year-old Genovese was returning home from work. As she approached her apartment entrance, she was attacked and stabbed by a man later identified as Winston Moseley.

Despite Genovese’s repeated cries for help, none of the dozen or so people in the nearby apartment building who heard her cries called police to report the incident. The attack first began at 3:20 AM, but it was not until 3:50 AM that someone first contacted police.

Bystander effect

This was 1964!!!

Peace
edit on 7-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: Forgot a link to the quote....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

So it just goes to show that it is not just America this sort of thing happens.
No doubt it happens else where, it probably happens in most copocracies where the people are made to compete with each via capitalism. Countries like England, Australia, and the US are probably a few good examples. People are forced into a condition of living which causes their mentality actually shift into a state where helping your fellow man is completely pointless and bothersome (especially people you deem are "worth-less"). The machine transforms people into heartless robots, or what you might call a corporate slave.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Many thanks to Margaret Thatcher and G. Bush and their master 'simple'mind Ayn Rand.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder if the police thought about charging the producers and actors of the show with inducing panic for false 911 calls.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I used to think that some people didn't want to help someone just in case they got sued but I don't think the example shown in the original post goes as deep as this.

Some people obviously choose to continue their lives in a very narrow minded straight tracked approach and if anything out of the ordinary happens that deviates from normal thought processes, it has to be ignored at all costs.

There is a saying here in the UK :-
"Im alright jack"

Which means I am fine sod if your breathing or not

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think the answer is most people have encountered or have heard of homeless people passed out from drugs or alcohol.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by doomy

what an amazing video..I wonder have those animals(I don't know what they are) always turned against the lions or is this something new. That was great...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I wonder if the police thought about charging the producers and actors of the show with inducing panic for false 911 calls.

no the police departments were already told about the show and its plans...they are in it too
edit on 8-6-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I think the answer is most people have encountered or have heard of homeless people passed out from drugs or alcohol.

yep.....that is also quoted in this video .....it gives them/us a reason to ignore them

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Couldn't see the original video. Instead of letting the video go viral on youtube, ABC is more concerned about their copyright. @$$es

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by himalayanhermit
Couldn't see the original video. Instead of letting the video go viral on youtube, ABC is more concerned about their copyright. @$$es

here you go...i cant' edit my OP now

edit on 27-9-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join