It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{VIDEO} SEE how the people react when someone a homeless man lays injured on the sidewalk.{MUST WATC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is a Clip from "What would you do" a show that airs on abc.I strongly recommend everyone to watch this Entire Video...

It's soo sad how the majority of the people react to this situation.Except for one woman Linda Hamilton .Please Watch the Video to see what she does..

hearing her ask other people to call for an ambulance and other people ignoring her is what really outraged and saddened me. It shows the level of discrimination on her part too because she does not appear to be within the middle class and she is a minority woman; everyone just ignores her asking other people to help with the person that needs help right in front of them, and they just walk by. Effing pathetic.

This video also shows how heartless many people are. If I asked someone to call 911 (to save someones life) and they kept on walking I would lay em out (every one of them) Eventually when there are dozens of people knocked out on the sidewalk someone is sure to call for medical assistance. This seriously brought a tear to my eye.. and that rarely happens. The homeless woman was more respectable than those cowards.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

incredible

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You need to see this video too!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by doomy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

when i was younger i used to hang around this homeless guy named Dorian. sometimes if he needed money bad enough he would put a sign in front of him that said "Kick me in the face for $5". you would be suprised how much money he made doing this. one kid about 17 yrs old gave him 15 bucks for three back to back running kicks one day.

those were strange days.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A lot of the people who pass by are assholes, some just think "surely somebody else will help him". If I didn't witness the guy collapsing I probably would have figured he was just sleeping. But the self-righteous attitude of the people who demonize the homeless sickens me and is almost grounds for supporting misanthropy

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have seen something similar in person here in Dallas. Down Town to be exact. I was hanging out with a few friends and we passed by the west end train station. Passed out on the sidewalk was a homeless man.

I was amazed to just see EVERYONE ( And I do mean everyone) literally step right over him and keep walking with out even blinking an eye, as if he were just a piece of trash...

Not one stopped to help this man up or to even see if he needed help at all.

I will admit, I did not help him either... I am not sure why. I guess I was just too amazed at how people were just constantly stepping over him and looking right through him as if he were not even human.

After a minute a police officer came up and helped him, which is great.

I never did see that man. I hope he got help.

Now, I will watch this video.I bet it goes something like my scenario above.

I do love that show. It does wonderfully with sociology.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As a person whom lived for a short time on the street I am not suprised by thier actions anymore.

People are still people reguardless of where they find themselves, and we seldom land exactly where we would have wished to land.The road out of that is harder to travel than the one leading there by miles.

Why do people still find it hard to walk a mile in the shoes of anyone else? That will never stop suprising me.

Before you stop to think about helping someone, stop thinking then the rest comes naturally, dig?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yes, but don't we know this all... We are sometimes afraid to help..; We want to, but are some times too coward or afraid!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For my job I have to have a First Aid and CPR certification, and I take that just as seriously as my concealed carry permit. Just because I'm off the clock doesn't mean I don't have an obligation to help people with the knowledge I have. Even before the Red Cross certifications I have found myself in situations where a stranger needed help and I never hesitated whether it was a medical emergency or someone being victimised by a violent attacker. The lack of empathy of the general public disgusts me.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
thank you op. this video made me cry. this sort of thing makes me ashamed to be human...then someone like linda hamilton gives me hope. i cant help but notice that the vast majority of people who stop to help are visible minorities or look less well to do than those that pass by. say what you want about minorities or poor people, but in this video they prove where the good folk in society are and where the scumbags are. thank you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiandiii
For my job I have to have a First Aid and CPR certification, and I take that just as seriously as my concealed carry permit. Just because I'm off the clock doesn't mean I don't have an obligation to help people with the knowledge I have. Even before the Red Cross certifications I have found myself in situations where a stranger needed help and I never hesitated whether it was a medical emergency or someone being victimised by a violent attacker. The lack of empathy of the general public disgusts me.

i have one too, and most of the times i will help, in my country many do, but it depends on which situation, if its an accident, people will provide help, and fast, if its a drunk bum or people fighting, people would even turn around or cross the streets...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Many big city types are selfish and rude but not all.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

SEE how the people react when someone a homeless man lays injured on the sidewalk.

Been there called 911 and first responders arrived within 5 minutes. Though in this case, he was obviously in pain and also had a friend begging for help. However had he been alone and passed out, I'd not have done anything as it happens a lot around here. I would have presumed him drunk or on drugs.

... and as for the videos, It's nothing to call for help and keep moving if you don't want to get personally involved.I would like to think that happened in these videos and just wasn't shown. I can't believe people wouldn't do that at least...

edit on 6-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomy
You need to see this video too!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by doomy because: (no reason given)

Doomy, I didn't watch the entire video that you posted, only up until the part that that shows the beutifull moment when the dog drags the other dog off the highway. On first glance it seems that this is a case of people showing less compassion than animals when that is not the case from what I could see.

I've seen the video of the dog before so I know that it get's hit by a car and then dragged off of the road by the other dog which is great.

I've never seen the video of the man being hit by the car, but what I do know is that if someone gets hit by a car or seriously injured in some other way it is not a good idea to move the person, much less drag the, off a road with your teeth or anything else.

And it also looked to me as though the people on the sidewalk were shocked, and that a car had stopped after about 10 to 15 seconds.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sadly I was not the least bit surprised by anything in that video.

Many experiments have been on done on many TV shows over the years. You will usually always find no shortage of people willing to help out an attractive female.

For Men it is much different. The more nicely dressed you are, the more your chances increase to get help.

For homeless...it is a whole different ball game. In the USA we have attached many stereotypes to homeless people. You can even see it in comments on this board. Homeless in the USA are drug addicts, alcoholics, they are lazy and do not really want to work. Those are just a few.

Now some of them are well deserved. In the USA we have people who literally pretend to be homeless and panhandle for a living. Sadly, people like this who take advantage of other people's generosity has jaded many. It causes us to not trust what our eyes tell us. It teaches us to automatically be suspicious of anyone who appears to be in need.

The truth is..we should be suspicious. We live in a very cold and callous world where people who do set out to help others find themselves in a situation that was well planned and very dangerous. Here are just a few out of countless instances.

Robbed while buying his robber coffee

Stopped to help women with flat tire and robbed at gunpoint

Man set up and robbed when meeting women to give her money to help

Women robbed at gunpoint when she stopped to help man on side of road

Women helps another women with bus fare, gets a knife to her throat

The truth is, for every one video you can find where people walked past and ignored someone who really needed help, you will find 10 cases of someone who was taken advantage of for their kindness. That is a fact we can not escape. So as much as we tell ourselves how horrible this is, and how we can;t believe no one helped, it is all a lie. It is because of real criminals, who do hurt others, which is why people act this way. It is for this reason that I get so angry when I see police resources wasted on people who are not actually hurting anyone at all. Instead of arresting people for "demonstrating without a permit" for dancing.. those cops could be out catching someone like those in the links above.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Normal group behavior, nobody does anything because nobody in the group is doing anything.....

Sheep......can't really blame 'm.

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Okay so what about this story?

I know how you could easily handle that situation, when you go to help someone, ask others to help you. I found someone crying on the streets of our capital last week and made sure I had two other people join me before I went up to him. Guy was at least fifty pounds heavier, all muscle, different race, bad area, dark out. I knew there was a risk, but if someone's going to hurt me while I am lending a helping hand then I don't necessarily want to live in this world. See you can warn about and post all these negative sides, but simply looking at your surroundings and being vigilant will take care of the people that are there trying to rip others off. It's like being in the moment and understanding everything. Some people go through a daze while saying thank you or your welcome when opening doors for others, while some of us genuinely mean and experience that encounter instead. Not the best analogy, but what I'm getting at is, be Present in that moment, understand the situation, and handle your business.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When the help in this case is literally a phone call away, and very little risk I fail to see the point in being afraid.

In the OP example as well as the following the people were incapacitated and at the mercy of any samaritan passiving litterally feet away at times inches.

Having to judge if the 50 cent call is worth the time and cost should be a wake up slap to the face. There is little excuse.

Seeing oneself worth more than ones neibour is the root of the issue, the reason for the lack of motion no matter how you frame this un-pretty picture.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If I asked someone to call 911 (to save someones life) and they kept on walking I would lay em out
so youre instinct is to turn straight to violence when you cant deal with your emotions, yet you want to take the high ground here? 9 times out of 10, if you help someone in need, you'll end up regretting it.
maybe i'll be one of those jerks who walks on by.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join