It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico, Leaked Briefing Confirms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico, Leaked Briefing Confirms

narcosphere.narconew s.com

Document, Prepared At the Request of a “Tea Party” Congressman, Indicates the 7th Special Forces Group “Has Conducted Operations in Every Latin American Country”The document is a Department of Defense briefing presented in mid-May 2009 in Washington, D.C., to a group of business and political leaders from northwest Florida. The “Unclassified/For Official Use Only” briefing reveals the 18 Latin American nations where 7th Special Forces Group soldiers [Airborne Green Berets] were deployed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
__._
www.florida-edc.org
www.northcom.mil

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It is important to stress that there is no evidence that the Okaloosa County EDC, Congressman Miller or members of the 7th SFG intentionally included or made public information that might compromise the security of the U.S. special-forces operations in Mexico.

But it seems clear that somewhere along the line, some bad calls were made — beginning with the decision to include country and date-specific specific information about supposedly covert troop deployments in a non-classified briefing and to then put those briefing materials online, even though the document is marked “For Official Use Only.”

In this mad rush to appease big business U.S. Rep. Jeff Miller might have inadvertently put US servicemen and women in harms way... good intentions or not the damage is done... so now we wait to see what the fall out is..

below are the supporting Doc links... the third link down is the briefing itself... please note that is a PDF and you'll need acrobat to open

narcosphere.narconew s.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

__._
www.florida-edc.org
www.northcom.mil
edit on 6-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this is like the start of Ghost Recon 2!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I believe there is a thread already on this it was posted under political madness.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Kind of...
only in this very serious game... and these players are backed up by E Battery, 4th Battalion, 5th Air and Missile Defense Regiment, 69th Air Defense Artillery Brigade...

Keep in mind Mexico's national security in now firmly in the hands of Northcom
of you dont like it call them...

U.S. Northern Command • 250 Vandenberg St. Suite B-016, Peterson Air Force Base, CO 80914-3808 • 719-554-6889/DSN 692-6889 [/quote

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
In this mad rush to appease big business U.S. Rep. Jeff Miller might have inadvertently put US servicemen and women in harms way... good intentions or not the damage is done... so now we wait to see what the fall out is..

If they want to sneak into foreign countries without Congress's permission and conduct military operations without the American people having any knowledge whatsoever, then to me that makes them war criminals.

If they are compromised in the field (which I doubt they will be) then that's just justice served.

You're not even supposed to be able to go into a US resident's house without a search warrant, let alone a foreign country without any oversight at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by DaddyBare

If they want to sneak into foreign countries without Congress's permission and conduct military operations without the American people having any knowledge whatsoever, then to me that makes them war criminals.

If they are compromised in the field (which I doubt they will be) then that's just justice served.

You're not even supposed to be able to go into a US resident's house without a search warrant, let alone a foreign country without any oversight at all.

If you tell congress then how would it be secret? FYI, our servicemen continue to protect us without congressional permission. There are no warcrimes and you wishing the harm of our servicemen makes me sick.

@OP, semper fi gunny!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You don't let the boots on the ground swing because some liar in a suit in DC decided to hold a private little war either.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wait wait wait wait wait... theres a mexican navy???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I agree, these soldiers should not be criticized.
They are soldiers after all and just following orders.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
FYI, our servicemen continue to protect us without congressional permission. There are no warcrimes and you wishing the harm of our servicemen makes me sick.

No one in Mexico is protecting me.

That tired lie is 70 years out of season. They weren't protecting us in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and they're not protecting us by being in Mexico either.

If they had good reason to be there they would do it all out in the open. They're no better than the terrorists. They're the same, if not worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't want them here. I am in Mexico legally. No good can come from this, and in recent times things have been going to crap. Now I know why.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is the only reason we have Special forces. They are just that Special forces. The main thing they are used for (and the reason they were even implemented) is covertly going into countries we are not allowed in and using minimal resources to train an indigenous population to perform operations in that area of the world that serve to protect The United States and its intrests. Nothing sinister or evil, just how you do war. We help the underdog by training, providing weapons, intelligence, and minimal support. When they gain power they are our best buddies for 5 to 20 years then they typically turn on us and its rinse and repeat. The Ops in the south have probably kept america from turning into the slaughter pit mexico turned into. It may seem bad at first, but they are men and women( support staff/should have all female SF's too imho) just like you and me and only there to protect North America. We need more treason charges/and convictions for stuff like this and slipping spy names and oh leaking military files no matter who might have been collateral damage. Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i'll bet..this info is only a surpise to us...they don't train spec ops to sit around and train..the u.s. is gunna use them when ever they think they can get away with it...look what the u.s. does with its conventional military...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
This is the only reason we have Special forces. They are just that Special forces. The main thing they are used for (and the reason they were even implemented) is covertly going into countries we are not allowed in...

The Ops in the south have probably kept america from turning into the slaughter pit mexico turned into. It may seem bad at first, but they are men and women( support staff/should have all female SF's too imho) just like you and me and only there to protect North America. We need more treason charges/and convictions for stuff like this and slipping spy names and oh leaking military files no matter who might have been collateral damage. Loose lips sink ships.

Please understand, this has only turned into a "slaughter pit" in the past few years since those special forces have been here creating instability carrying out this disasterous War on Drug policy of the US. It is NOT the so-called "narco" forces creating the problems, violence, and hardships for the people here but the counter-narcos that are causing this. No one here cares if we have a few pot fields, our people don't have a drug abuse problem to any extent like up north.

The Drug War is not about stopping drugs or protecting the people in-general, it is all about controlling who gets to make the wild profits off the illicit trade. Those forces are not here to make life any better for anyone except those who launder their money through US banks - www.abovetopsecret.com... - and keeps this black economy going while squeezing out competition.

Don't delude yourself into thinking this is somehow good for the Mexican or American people. People spouting anti-narco adages always claim the moral high ground but that is so far from the truth it should cause you pain just saying it. The Global Commission on Drug Policy has condemned this whole affair and call for an end to the War - www.abovetopsecret.com... It's insidious purpose is not even discussed, which is the mother of grand conspiracies, the Commission only condemns the "devastating consequences" of the whole affair.

I ask the shepherd of this special forces to please come and gather up all their little lambies and get the flock out of here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I played through this game once, after I had already studied the Zapatistas and other reactionary movements in Mexico spawned from American imperialism.

I found this game to be EXTREMELY disturbing. It starts off with a general telling you that there's terrorists in Ciudad Juarez that are interrupting a new North American security and economic pact and you will be secretly inserted with orders to neutralize the threat that the Mexican government cannot handle on their own.

I played through the entire game waiting for the plot twist to explain that things are not as they seem. Instead, you finish the game by crushing the rebels' last deterrent against the NAU, and capitalism wins.

Is this really how we are supposed to think?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I have to give you a star for that post, but I must protest your statement that your people do not have drug problems like we your northern neighbors do. In this country nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana. Nobody's life has been torn apart because they have smoked marijuana. People's lives get torn apart when they are busted by law enforcement for smoking marijuana. Smoking marijuana is not a "drug problem". It is a "law enforcement and imprisonment for no just cause" problem.

I am against my country meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations. The CIA is famous for stopping legitimate democracies south of our border and installing ruthless dictators favorable to American big business interests. Rest assured that our military is not in Mexico because it serves the citizens of America for them to be there. They are in Mexico because it serves the interest of AMERICAN BUSINESS for them to be there.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You are right. STAR! Sorry, generalizing. Many Americans feel they do have a drug problem there, they just do not realize their drug headache, like here, is primarily caused by the anti-drug forces and their meddling in a non-problem, thereby creating one. It is all about money. Those troops are here to keep the cash channeled
and flowing into the "promised hands."

Everyone needs to get behind the findings of the Global Commission that condemns this Drug War. - sorry ATS, that war is the mother of all conspiracies and solidly behind a large portion of unrest in the world presently. it needs to be fixed. It needs to be stopped. That means getting those covert troops out of Mexico immediately!

edit on 6-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

There are south american countries with resources essentail to wmd's. There are communnist countries, nazi defectors hiding, and alot of other bad guys that use the drug trade to fund themselves or too just hide in the crowd with. It is a war against these bad guys, not the drugs or need for the profit. They can legalise it and sell it to us at any time at a full profit. But most of those drugs are bad for us. And the guys using the drug trade to further there own geoncidal plans are worse and need to be put in a place they cannot hurt innocent people. So our best trained soldiers being there training and participating in these ops really is the best available option. Best option is to lay down all weapons, eliminate all borders, and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal

... the guys using the drug trade to further there own geoncidal plans are worse and need to be put in a place they cannot hurt innocent people.

I have to agree with that, we could use some new world leaders. The US has a nice hotel for the departing leaders on an island resort in Cuba. I hope they can play nice with each other.

Odd, didn't realize it was fissionable materials they were looking for in those checkpoints. I always assumed they were fishing for a $100 peso mordida so we could bypass doing a full cavity search. Get the flock out of here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join