Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"I spotted the Fed" T-shirt contest for hackers.

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...



Feds versus the hacker underground: army of informers turned by fearHackers once ridiculed the FBI and secret service by playing Spot the Fed. Now agents covet the 'I am the Fed' T-shirt

Moss initiated a game at his events called Spot the Fed. If a delegate detected someone they thought was a cop they could stand up and denounce them. If correct, they would win a T-shirt printed with the logo: "I spotted the Fed."

The game became an instant sensation. "People were really excited about it," Moss says. That was in the 1990s. Since then Moss's annual conference, Defcon, has turned into one of the largest hacker meetings in the world and those early examples of outed Feds trying to pass undetected among the Defcon crowd have also grown into an entire industry, a specialism of modern policing, with highly trained and computer literate FBI and secret service agents running an army of informants who now pervade the hacker community.


I want to play Spot the Fed, The game sounds fun. Im sure here on ATS they don't want you to play any games like this and would frown upon accusing members. But could we play a game like this with disinformation on the internet itself or would it cause legal problems because of defaming websites? I guess its just something hackers get to play. Why do hackers get all the fun. White hats, Black hats and the Gray hats in between. Theres truly not much difference except who your working for, But they all seem to be having fun doing things that no body else is supposed to do. The US govenment seems to have gone a long way from spamming Iraq befor there invasion to find defectors with pop up screens to attacking Iranian nuclear sites. Now you have non-profits in the US like Cyber Security Forum Initiative (CSFI) who openly targets Libya to find all its weaknesses for there inxasion but say its to protect them. Really they want to protect Libya as there at war with them? PDF Project Cyber Dawn Libya And thats being done through Infragard. Infragard is supposed to protect the US homeland by bringing private businesses and the FBI together to share information. Why do they want to find the weaknesses in Libya and why are they teamed up with NATO? I guess White hats, Black hats and the Gray hats in between. Theres truly not much difference except who your working for, But they all seem to be having fun doing things that no body else is supposed to do.

I want to play!!!




posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


It would be fun, but its against the TnC to accuse someone of being a shill or bot, and one can only assume that calling them a "Fed" would likewise bring down wrath upon your head if someone complained.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
 


It seems theres a whole lot of fun involed with being hackers White hats, Black hats and the Gray hats in between that nobody else is supposed to have. And it does not seem to even matter if your the FEDs you can still do what ever you want. How do they get the I don't have to follow rules but you do PASS? I want one and I want to play.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I find this silly at best... I think the government has better things to do then to troll ATS.... No offense some of you maybe 1% has awesome input but the other 99% already spews disinformation their job is done for them here



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


it doesnt work like that



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire
 


Then why is FBI and Infragard targeting Libya's internet infrastructure and working with NATO to do it? Both FBI and Infragard are supposed to be US agencies. Not world wide.
edit on 6-6-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


thats different then what the OP and you stated... "Doing whatever you want" isn't correct. Plus its not like they are searching google for this information. There is a lot of information needed before data gathering can start... like starting from nothing to end up with something....

sucks



posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire
 


....Thats exactly what a fed would say.....








top topics



 
1

log in

join