It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture. Would you break? Could anyone withstand?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm sure I'd constantly tell them lies...and eventually, they'd get sick of torturing me and going on wild goose chases, and just kill me.

That is of course, if doing so would protect my family and loved ones. I'm too much of a good of the many outweighing the good of the one mentality.

I could deal with them taking our supplies, but the real issue is the trust that they would then leave us in peace (they likely wouldn't).....so no.

If captured, I'd be far more likely to die in an escape attempt really. (and hopefully take one of them with me).

I like to think of myself as a pretty resourceful and clever guy though, so my chances of escape are decent....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No person can hold out for ever.
Yet, 99.99% of truthful info will be gotten from 99% of the people with the idea of torture, right up to the application of.
There are some, mostly trained that can go the distance, but will crack eventually.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would immmediately be blabbing non stop, about what I gleaned They so most wanted to hear. NON of it would be true, but would earn me a DaytimeSoaps Emmy, to make 'Erica Cane' jealous.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Be thankful I am not a secret agent entrusted with our country's top military secrets.

I don't like pain.

I am very sensitive to pain.

Watch the movie, "The Odessa File", if memory serves me correctly the guy is strapped into a dentist chair and the dentist starts bringing out his "tools".................just looking at the tools and I would spill my guts, tell them everything.

I would like to say I would be a hero up to the end, but physical pain in all honesty I truly am frightened of.

I have had three right fingers smashed in a dough press. The last three fingers were real long, paper thin and black. After the surgery, my right hand swelled up to the size of a baseball glove. The doctor was able to make my fingers look "normal". But that was very painful and I was kept heavily medicated (thank god). Very painful.

A two by four hit me in the head (on purpose, was knocked out, woke up and told if I snitched, he'de finish the job). Had a bad head ache for two week afterwards.

Had a gun (big ones) held to my head twice - that was psychologically traumatic.

Been in a bad car accident where the steering column gave out and if we had not hit the car coming up the steep cliff head on we would have gone off the cliff and all been killed.........as it was I broke out the front windshield with the top of my head, and got cuts and a cracked pelvis (that was really painful). Just a hair line crack made it painful to walk for about two months afterwards.

Two c-sections (nothing with modern medicine I was up and walking around 1-1/2 hours after surgery) No big deal.

One gall bladder surgery (again nothing to talk about with modern medicine I was up and walking around)

One gastric bypass, (ditto, no big deal)

and now two gum surgeries..........they take the tissue from the roof of your mouth and transplant it on the receding gumline. Now, that was painful, even with pain medicine.........the mouth is a very sensitive area.

I've read that some people actually enjoy pain?????..............not me, I'm very sensitive to pain, particularly my mouth and parts that are unmentionable.

I would never make a good secret agent.

Don't fear death, but the dying part for me, I hope comes either in my sleep or fast.

And by the way, with the car accident - time slowed way down.............as the car hit, spun around and I went through the windshield, everything became like in slow motion????
before I lost consciousness.

My head and pelvis hurt for months afterwards.

I once in nursing took care of a very wonderful woman whose husband loved to race trains. One day he misjudged and X was hit on her side of the car by a train.............when we got her on the Med/Surg floor she had already been in ICU for over a month, almost unheard of.

Both eyes were black still, she had almost every bone in her body broken and was in traction. We had her another three months. After she left us, she went to a rehab center for another 1-1/2 years (yes she divorced her husband while in ICU) who only had minor injuries.

Almost every bone in her body was broken.

The doctors said she would always be in constant pain, for the rest of her life. Many of her internal organs were affected.

When I had her for three months, she was a kind, brave, heroic woman - but the amount of pain she endured was unbelieveable.

If you don't like pain, really be careful around trains............this woman endured more pain than any other patient I ever had.

LOL: She tried to fix me up with her son, who was nice but not my cup of tea.

Pain is bad - I won't even get a tatoo.

Now with my gastric by pass I did have to give my self a shot in the belly every day for ten days in order to ensure no blood clots but that wasn't bad because the needle was so thin..............I'm really proud of myself, made me feel like Rambo that I could give myself a shot every day.

I've also taken care of burn patients and burns are the worse..............very very painful. Probably the worse pain.

No, pain is bad in my book.

I feel for anyone or any animal that has to go through pain.

And cannot understand anyone wanting to inflict pain upon another.

Maybe that is why I don't watch very much TV or movies any more, there is so much violence and pain.

edit on 9-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Me not talking doesn't gaurentee that they won't find my resources anyways. Most likely they won't let me go. I would have an arrangement that if anyone dissappeared or was captured.....leave.

good question though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join