It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancing stars in seattle night sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've only seen this kind of thing once and that was over 20 years ago!

Myself and 2 friends just hanging about doing nothing much as teens do. It was a causal look at the stars since one of the friends wasnt particularly interested in stargazing when I believe we noticed what looked like a star moving but thought it couldve been an airplane at high altitude but then thought we wouldnt really see a bright white-ish light just moving along amongst the stars.

It mustve been after a minute or so of watching this thing that another 2 "stars" started moving too, but rather than dancing they were zigzagging about but over what seemed to be a large distance. A couple of times they moved so quickly we had to scour the area they had been moving about in to find them again. We sat and watched these "stars" for about 20 mins and then went home and I've never seen anything like it to this day.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'll have to look up those dancing stars as written about.
As we viewed them from binoculars, they appeared to have a very white, halogenic-type light emitting from the centre of them.

They were not as high as the stars, but had the same outward qualities and size.

What started my first view was a silent, large plane-type object streaking through the sky above our place.
It was flying fairly low - slightly lower than places taking off from the airport.

The spot that it left the sky left me viewing these 3 or 4 swimming-dancing stars. For hours and hours.
2 nights later, exact same thing with plane-like object, this time in other part of the sky.

And then the 13 nights began. We ended up going out to a field to view them on night #8, and the sky was just about alive with them. It was like a freaking treasure hunt, with little treasures everywhere.
Never saw those silent "planes" anymore either.

I heard not everyone can see them. I wonder if that helps to explain why no one else in the whole area reported seeing them? Or, that we heard of, anyway..

Hoping your skies are clear tonite, BDIDDY425

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not to put a damper on your high, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that these 'dancing stars' are UFO's. Some of you may be aware of a NASA/AirForce black-project that is the Boeing X-37.

X-37 FactSheet

While the x-37 is a fairly new experiment, it would not surprise me if the technology behind this project has seen more advancements and deployment than we are being lead to believe. What many believe to be UFO's or 'dancing stars' could actually be advanced military equipment.

OR

You witnessed a UFO or an natural and unexplainable phenomena. Congrats on your sharp eye and keep a lookout for more of these dancing stars. (Not to be confused with the "hit tv series" Dancing with the Stars. lol!)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BDIDDY425

where are you?I ask because I would like to see them as well.I have had the luck to see one years ago in Virginia I was taken by surprise and did not have a camera with me,so now I keep one with me at all times.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I am in kirkland washington..like 15 min away from seattle

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

east coast,.......... I will still have a look....thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I also witnessed this a few days ago with one star in particular. It was moving slowly to the side and then changed direction quickly and started moving the other way. It also moved in a clockwise pattern at a point, but it remained in the same general position within a triangle formation. Sort of reminded me of a dog tied to a tree. It would try to move away but then just came back to where it was before. Here is the picture if you want to look for this star sometime. Its the top most one in this triangular formation. It is NW in the sky as soon as dusk hits. I'm not sure why its red in the picture but I took a lot of pics and it kept changing color from red to white for some reason, maybe a lens issue.

There is a known effect called autokinesis which makes stars dance as you stare at them for a long period of time. It is know to effect pilots. I'm not sure this is what caused me to see this star moving in random directions because I had another person confirm it was in fact moving that same night.
edit on 8-6-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
OK I will preface this by saying I am an uber sceptic on all these sorts of things but about 5 years ago a few of us saw something none of us have been able to explain. It was exactly similar to the original story.

We were in Ireland on holiday in County Kerry staying on a farm, it was really dark there -- no light pollution at all the place is so rural.

We were sat out one night having a few drinks and the farmer who we were staying with told us he would show us some UFOs, said it happened every night.

So we sat looking up, not expecting anything to happen and then one star ( certainly looked like a star, started to move. Then a load more closed in on it and they did what I could only describe as a dance. They would circle each other, move in formation all kinds of stuff, until they all just flew off.

I have no idea what we saw to this day, military manoeuvres at ultra high altitude, aliens whatever I would not presume to guess but it was sure as # the weirdest thing I ever saw.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SirCoxone

just curious.. was it 2006 you saw this, then?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would struggle to give you an exact year, we go on holiday there a lot. Probably more like 2004 / 2005

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I too have seen the dancing stars and I believe it was also 2006. I live just outside Chicago where there is quite a bit of light pollution as well as a major international airport nearby. So I have a very hard time being able to watch the sky with any real clarity. That said I was staying at my parents recuperating from some injuries. They live 50 miles away from Chicago and to the west, north and south there is sufficient darkness for good sky viewing.
As I was recuperating I would often awaken in the middle of the night in pain. I took to going outside and looking to the sky during these episodes. On two occasions I witnessed what I counted to be 6 of theses 'stars' doing incredible maneuvers which defied any kind of flight I have ever seen. I passed it off to the meds I was on during this time.
As I read this and other threads regarding dancing stars has convinced me I was truly seeing this phenomena. I only wish I could look to the skies where I live which is too built up and no good clear views, light pollution and jets at low altitude. I will have to go out by my folks to really get any good looks at the sky and maybe see some more dancing stars. F&S!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I tried again last night for about 10 minutes but nothing happened...hopfully this weekend when i can spend more time outside

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirCoxone

Thanks, as I found it odd that we all seem to have seen them in various parts of NA in 2006,
so far.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

Wondering if you happened to see a rather large triangle or plane-like object fly overhead any time you watched them - I'm sure you would have included that in your post... flying stars; okay. But 2 reports of silent flying triangles to accompany them is wacky.

Thanks for posting your sighting.

I'll be reading more on it myself and checking those skies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Here's to clear skies this weekend -
In anticipation of reading your weekend sightings,
happy viewing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

If you havent already you should look on page 1 and somebody mentioned Dark Knights post from 2006...I read through them and back then he said one of the final warning sign is the stars start dancing in the sky....do a search for their name it should be somewhere on page 1...pretty intresting

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If you go out looking.. take someone with you to have them confirm that they see the same.. that way we can rule out your eyes playing tricks on you.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I too have witnessed a similar event in the summer of 2006. I saw these "dancing" stars in the north-eastern sky at approximately 3a.m. I can't exactly remember the month but I know it was the summer of 2006 because that was when my best friend moved back to Long Island after spending 8 months in Florida. I am from the Port Jefferson area on Long Island, N.Y.

My friend and I were hanging out at his house one night having a few beers listening to music/watching TV in his basement. He went up stairs to have a cigarette so I decided to join him. He was sitting on a porch on the side of his house and I was standing looking up at the sky which was very clear. I had seen shooting stars in this area of the sky prior to this night at his house, so I was just staring up hoping to catch one. I was talking to my friend about the shooting stars and he was just like "Wow, I live here and have never seen one over there".

We were both just looking up when all of a sudden an extremely bright, pure white light appears with a slow and steady strobe. When I say strobe, I mean the light itself was pulsating not any additional strobe attached to it. When it first appeared my friend shouted "there's one!". I was like "I'm not so sure. I think it's a helicopter". The light was much brighter than anything else in the sky. The pulsating light did not move at all. It just hovered in the same spot with its constant strobe. After a minute or so of observing this, a second light starts to zig-zag across the entire sky starting very near the strobe heading to the west. It was not as bright or as big as the strobe, but it was still very visible and white as well. It also blinked as it zig-zag'd. This light reached a point and disappeared. Then all of a sudden, all hell broke loose and about a dozen other lights started flying about the sky. They were swirling around dipping up and down dancing all over the entire sky. I remember my friend and I pointing up and pointing at the different lights like "wow look at that one!". We were like little kids watching a fireworks show pointing out the different lights and such. We must have watched these lights for about 15-20 minutes then they all disappeared one by one leaving the still very bright light strobe. The strobe pulsated steady and true during the entire event. Finally the steady strobe vanished as well and we then went inside. This truly was the most unexplainable and amazing thing that I have ever witnessed.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

No nothing such as you describe. I did want to go out to my parents this past Saturday night with my wife to get some star watching in but the weather decided not to co-operate unfortunately. It was overcast and damp. I am anxious to get some clear evenings with which I can watch the stars!
edit on 6/13/2011 by americanbuffalo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yes if you search ATS for the topic, search under d4rk Knight and look for a post which has a heading containing the word Confession. It's from 2006 I believe. Also something in that topic about the date of 10-28-2011 too.
edit on 6/13/2011 by americanbuffalo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join