It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman helps convict Lothario next door after spying on him for THREE years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How's the privacy laws in UK? Isn't it a crime to spy on someone in their home? We have that here so I would just assume.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
If someone was to do a search of her notebooks or whatever I reckon they would find stuff about everyone on the street, even her 'friends' comings and goings.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be right. Those notebooks are her personal possessions.
That would be an invasion of privacy.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

gotta love the irony there! ^^

As to the law in the uk PsykoOps, it depends on what the Voyeur was observing and if/how he was documenting it.

For example me using a telescope to watch my naybour make morning toast is fine, me recording him and his wife in the bedroom through half open curtains is not fine. But as with many laws its for the judge to decide if the targets privacy was really abused and to the purpose of it.

Hearing through the walls isnt somthing you can stop and when buying an attached propety you kind of sign yourself up automaticly for disturbances from and to your naybours.

Technicly she didnt break the law and a judge would have a hard time proving any crimanl aspect, it was however very creepy and i will bet that her other naybours will be thining of her as a bit of a nut job weather she prevented this social thug from his loud and insensitve activitys, or not.

hehhehehee crazy lady, she needs to own a few hundred cats instead, i bet she would too if she didnt livein a terrace

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well that is some #ty law right there. If this woman were to try that kind of stunt in here she'd get a nice cell optionally with padding and no corners.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That's it I'm moving to Finland!

There is some pretty good info about RIPA on the legislation.gov site, I've used this a few times myself for a bit of info. Mainly in regards to TV licensing etc.

It is more to do with investigatory powers and the regulations around that as in government protocols. But it also has some great info on private surveillance, although when I say private, it is generally referring to private owned companies. Not old wenches!

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think we have better privacy legistlation and also our laws definition of public space is better than other places, even thought I say it myself. Here everyone is equal in the privacy law issue. Press, celebrities and private citizens are all equal on it. It's basically so that for example taking pictures of someone in their living area even if visible from a public place is invasion of privacy. Even politicians are covered by that. It's so extensive that even a truck that has a sleeping quarter falls into that category. Our laws define public space as any space where anyone can freely access. Like a store when it's open is public space, however a concert where you have to pay for a ticket isn't.
Even though the law is very large in it's definitions I for one haven't seen it abused. It's only used in serious cases as it should.
Also feel free to move in here if you want. I have to warn you thought the summer vs. winter cycle can be quite stressing

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
*cold shivers* Agghhh the old lonely,nasty witch living next door to you is something you wouldnt wish on your wordt enemy.The whinging old muppet i got on one side of me must be pushing 85ish now & although her heads gone she still shows no real sign of slowing up!!!I swear the only thing keeps her waking up each morning is the chance she'll think up another reason to despise me.Although i think she may be hard pressed to beat the last one,that being that i somehow encourage/train/am amused by the local birdlife picking up seeds of plants/shrubs in my yard(all of which are hideously disgusting & i should be ashamed of myself for having but then i probably only keep them alive to house the rats & snakes that thrive over THAT side of the fence) to fly over & scatter them around her yard.Lol.I pity the guy,big time.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fotsyfots

I used to have one near me before I moved. Everytime she walked past my house she would cock her head round and look into my living room. She did this like no joke 10 times a day, on her way back and forward from the pub. So I had to close the blinds, which made the room dark.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by fotsyfots

I used to have one near me before I moved. Everytime she walked past my house she would cock her head round and look into my living room. She did this like no joke 10 times a day, on her way back and forward from the pub. So I had to close the blinds, which made the room dark.

if you have a full length mirror in the house, put it right up against the window and write "Nosey Cow" on it in whiteboard marker, next time she peers in she will see her own reflection starring back and a nice little message

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Try having a young one that you have no interest in that currently lives next door. I have had to tell her twice since moving in it is not acceptable to come in my house unnanounced...she will knock and smile at me on my sliding glass door at my bedroom. I an't no lothario, so I'm not tootin my own horn. I thought it was a little goofy at first, now my shades are pulled.

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

The guy ought to sue her. He could claim that just the idea of the old bitty being so interested in his sex life has made his pencil go limp and so he's now nervous in the service.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sad thing that after finding out about such an event that might not be "made up". Weird world news this is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join