It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman helps convict Lothario next door after spying on him for THREE years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Woman helps convict Lothario next door after spying on him for THREE years

www.dailymail.co.uk

Award-winning Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator Pauline Palmer took her role seriously.
When she wasn’t on the lookout for criminal goings-on in her neighbourhood, the 71-year-old was keeping an eagle eye on what neighbour Brian Collins, 51, was up to.
She watched him from the day he moved in, a court was told.
For three years, Mrs Palmer kept a detailed diary on his activities – including sessions in his garden hot tub with women, and when he had sex in his bedroom.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the title should read: Nosy Old B*tch Is Rewarded For Stalking.

3 years of obsessive monitoring and finally fined a measly £100 pounds for noise disorder. She listened to the guy having sex in his bedroom, and even listed the registration details of all vehicles visiting his home.

Interestingly as well the neighbour to the other side never complained of any noise?

So what does the council do? They give the old leach an award of course. This is an excellent example of the British Government's attitude to communities, that being police your own. Something which the Soviets were fans of back in the day.

I think the guy should sue for his privacy being breached. The level of surveillance he was under would only be expected of terrorism suspects.

Seriously what a disgusting old bag!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Wow... what a wingnut. The simple fact that she amassed such a log tells me that was her full time job. Since she had to put her ear to the wall to hear what was going on, im not sure how he can be fined for noise abatement.

I agree with the guy... She is obsessive and borderline stalking.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
wow. people like this make me want to do things that i wont even say allowed let alone right them on a website. I am glad both for the fact that I live nowhere near her as well as the fact that I am a civilized person who recognizes destructive impulses for what they are. I hope he does sue her. and I hope she gets convicted. although if they are giving her awards for this crap, I doubt she will.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh, God. This reminds me of the neighbor across the street from my friend's house calling our parents and accusing us of smoking pot in the front yard one night. This would make her either an idiot or a stalker. I think she's both because we do smoke [cigarettes] in the front yard at times.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm glad it's not just me. Creepy as hell right?

The type of person who'd make you feel guilty for having a cough!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
LOL this is hilarious. The old bag wanted to get laid and when he turned her down she filed for charges. If I were him I would see if I could get a restraining order.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

S & F.

This one gets about a 35 on my "Weird Sh*t O'meter" Makes my skin crawl just thinking about the nosy bat eavesdropping while he was having sex.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So they fined the guy for making too much noise just because some old nosy bat had her ear to the wall and was trying to listen to what he was doing?

I agree with the other poster here... she was given an award for stalking.
edit on 6-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The thing is, you can be as nosey as you want to be within your own home and other legal constraints.

It's just a humorous look at fastidiousness.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

That's certainly one way to look at.

Perhaps her meticulous nature is worthy of study in itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The title is definitely a bit misleading. At least in my mind, there is a slight difference between a small fine, and a conviction.

I hadn't thought about this movie in a long time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd39bb92cf19.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73796f0ed35a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b500254c54ea.jpg[/atsimg]

P.S.- I didn't see this article after clicking the link. All I saw was the home page. Not that I actually looked very hard for it though.

edit on 6/6/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The title is just from the article and a bit of a gray legal area. He was unfortunately served a Noise Abatement Order which although not a conviction strictly speaking, it basically means he has to carefully adhere to guidelines set out in the order. Otherwise he will be taken to court convicted of a breach of contract, and subject to a much larger fine of up to £5000 plus legal costs. It's basically an ASBO for noise.

Oh yeah The Burbs was awesome!

edit on 6-6-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Burbs!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i dont belive what she did is right in the lsightest, thats very weird and creepy.

Im amazed actually

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What a nosey old bag! Instead of tattling, she could of invited us around to watch!
(J/K!!)

But seriously, neighborhood watch my butt...
I was always under the impression that neighborhood watch meant keeping an eye out for people trying to break into your neighbors homes, or thugs trying to steal cars, things like that. Not taking notes of how many times your neighbor has sexy time in the hot tub/bedroom. How sad her life must be if this was the highlight of the last three years for her...She disgusts me really, but I'm more disturbed that she received an award for stalking.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

I suspect she has always kept tabs on her neighbour's habits. But in this particular case she took a dislike to the guy and wanted him punished.

If someone was to do a search of her notebooks or whatever I reckon they would find stuff about everyone on the street, even her 'friends' comings and goings.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by sugarmonkey

I suspect she has always kept tabs on her neighbour's habits. But in this particular case she took a dislike to the guy and wanted him punished.

i think this is pretty close to the truth considering the last line of the article "even though his neighbour on the other side said she had never heard any noise"

get the nosey woman in the army and give her a predator drone, go get some real intel rather than outing a mans private doing in his own home!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. People like this need to get a life. There was a quote in the story about how one her reports read something like, "show me your t*ts" when in the hot tub with two women. What did she expect? Creepy! On both sides of the fence!

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
See, Im pretty much in agreement, that this old lady needs a more, introspective hobby. However I must also say that I have expirienced sexualy motivated noise disturbance.

On one side of my bedroom, the wall backs on to the neighbours bedroom. They are a couple of twenty somethings, and as you can imagine, as a young couple, they get busy pretty often. The opposite wall backs on to my sisters bedroom. Her fiancee sleeps over pretty often, although sleep is a weird word for what happens in there at night.
Very often (because of how active these couples are) I get sex noises in stereo, from both sides , when trying to sleep. Now, dont get me wrong, I do not begrudge anyone the regular sex they are blatantly getting. However, I CAN see how repeated , over loud sessions could become a nuisance, although I have to say, this dude must have been an absolute animal. I mean the walls in my place are pretty thin, and only very rarely is the noise loud enough to wake one from deep slumber. If the gentleman in the article was really causing a noise that could have been classified as a nuisance ,he must have been yelling at the top of his lungs!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I thought neighborhood watch was for watching those coming into your area not those living in your area. Hope that award can call 911, not one of her neighbors are gonna give a damn when she falls or has a stroke. Why break down the door to check on her when she would just call the police from the hospital bed and have you arested for breaking into her house to save her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join