It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annie Jacobsen: Russians Faked Roswell Crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
weirdnews.aol.com...

"Area 51; An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base," a new book by investigative reporter Annie Jacobsen, lifts the veil on this six-decade mystery and raises a more explosive possibility: Did former Soviet leader Josef Stalin recruit Josef Mengele, the Nazi "Angel of Death," to surgically alter children to look like aliens in 1947 to be part of the legendary Roswell, NM, UFO crash?

Interesting clip from this new book... seems that according to Annie Jacobsen, Stalin faked a UFO crash at roswell to scare the Americans into thinking that they were dealing with an alien invasion.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I personally think this is a made-up story to make money off the whole Roswell thing. It won't be the first time!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They might as well, but who care. Roswell was too long ago, the facts muddled by internet rumor, so there is no point in investigating it further. Attention on Roswell is a full and total admission that in the years sens we have nothing of ANY SUBSTANCE that can be used to convince the media to take this seriously. Just think about it.....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey I'm open to anything at this point. It's quite possible. But I still believe it wouldn't have really changed anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

There are already threads on this , all you needed to do is an ATS search on Annie Jacobsen .
here are two
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Definitely could be made up...

Personally I think that this story would be the best way to explain the myriad of people who claim they saw alien bodies, as well as strange metal and strange markings.

Could be a Skeptic-turned fraudster

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Sigh...

I searched "roswell/russians", as well as"fake roswell" crash. Guess I gotta try and be more thorough.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Im pretty sure if Roswell was fake. The army wouldnt of said it had a "Flying Saucer" in the newspapers. What a fraud.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a very strong suspicion this woman is a government disinfo agent OR she is being misled by one. The purpose is to take us all off the trail because it was the Nazi's still running around after the war not the Russians at Roswell.

The purpose of this is because if we all realize where this tech came from - Viktor Schauberger who was forced to work for the Nazis.. then more people may realize how to develop this tech --- cold fusion/antigravity etc.

I think it would be very very easy for people to develop this tech if they simply knew where it came from. I know little about science yet I feel if I had the money to pay for the machining of the device Schauberger made I may be able to get it to work. Once you have that the cat is out of the bag.
edit on 6-6-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Honestly, if someone ever wrote the truth behind something in a book, the government wouldn't allow it to be published. They would make soem excuse or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So what they wanted to scare Americans into thinking aliens exist?

So instead of "only" being evenly matched in case of conflict, Russia conspired to make America focus on their military, research and development with advanced laser tech, railguns, stealth, whatnot to face a fantasy threat from aliens that doesnt exist.

Brilliant. Just plain brilliant.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecrecyDefied
Honestly, if someone ever wrote the truth behind something in a book, the government wouldn't allow it to be published. They would make soem excuse or something.

Thats right, over in the UK books get blocked from ex service men, ex SAS and ex intellegence spies if the certain parts of the books breach national interest rules etc

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Originally posted by SecrecyDefied

Thats right, over in the UK books get blocked from ex service men, ex SAS and ex intellegence spies if the certain parts of the books breach national interest rules etc

I'm not so sure. She's not former military, she's civilian; specifically a reporter for the LA Times, and we have very strong rules regarding the military's treatment of civilians, not to mention freedom of the press. Also since her source is kept anonymous, the readers are forced to take her at her word.

Consider this similar scenario:

A random author makes up a story about what really happened behind the Roswell incident. Turns out, even though they made everything up off the top of their head, they hit the jackpot and everything they said lines up with what really happened. Do the intelligence officials prevent the book from being published, even though there are no corroborating sources to follow up on? And if they did prevent its publication, wouldn't that validate the information even more, increasing the risk of what might happen if it somehow makes it into the public's eye?
edit on 6-6-2011 by Magnus47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just finished the book last week . I found it to be an interesting read.

I would believe the kids made to look like aliens before i would believe the hover and flight tech. on the craft ever exsisted before that point

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If anyone has seen super 8 they'll realize that clearly its an alien craft and not some russian hack-job

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me if the russians had something to do with the whole roswell thing,i don't think the u.s would have known about it at the time,or did they ?
I think there is something we're all missing about the roswell incident & i wouldn't be suprised if that was russian involvement somewhere.
We'll never know of course because imagine if they revealed it WAS the russians who made the whole thing up with geneticaly changed children..huge consquences for both sides.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm about to start her book (Area 51) and I am hoping the silly alien stuff does not overshadow the real and fascinating story about Area 51 which she wants to tell.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Definitely could be made up...

Personally I think that this story would be the best way to explain the myriad of people who claim they saw alien bodies, as well as strange metal and strange markings.

Could be a Skeptic-turned fraudster

So you outright refuse to believe these eyewitnesses saw alien bodies.

BUT if the "alien bodies" were in fact hoaxed bodies, THEN you would believe that these people saw them.

Maybe you should go have a long hard think about that, and what it says about your personal bias.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
there are too many variables that make this almost impossible... yeah i get that this could be faked...but you would have to have mastered genetic engeneering, been able to make a vehicle shaped like a saucer...fly it ...get into air space without being seen all over the globe....they must have been pretty advanced in aerotechnology .... ..i dunno to many variables that dont add up...i call bull

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
imho. If Stalin was thinking of "scaring Americans, with alien invasion", he would probably do it in the middle of Washington, not in the middle of nowhere, that's where Roswell once was.

And since the "War of the Worlds" novel, scared enough people already, I think Stalin would have think of something similar, when to invest millions of soviet rubles in to "fake alien program" and what it has to do - it just once to scare, once . . . Radio transmission would work so much better, when a Soviet Alien invasion in the middle of nowhere.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Stingray77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join