It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona forest fire threatens town of Greer and others

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's still hazy in the RG valley. Last nite was not to bad. I'm hoping the prevailing winds have shifted and might bring a little moisture. Those poor hotshots must be exhausted by now.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Map update of this giant fire, as the fire just jump on New-Mexico.

452.155 acres

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for posting.

Oh, man! This is a bit scary... The fire is getting more and more contained, though. It was 10% this morning and is 18% now.

We've been reading InciWeb for information.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Wallow FIre is now 33% contained, but Strong Winds Threaten Containment

By Thursday late evening, the Arizona Wallow Fire has covered 487,016 acres in eastern Arizona and western New Mexico, authorities reported. The fire at that point was still only 33 percent contained, and there are fears that the strong winds over the coming days could put that figure at risk.

A spot fire on Thursday to the south of Eagar town in Arizona prompted authorities to issue a “pre-evacuation notice” to 230 homes in the area, which means they should be prepared to leave at any time. Residents of Eagar have been back home for less than a week after returning home just last Sunday following their initial evacuation from the Wallow Fire.

Ugh! I'm tired of breathing smoke. The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular, though...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Here in Sandoval co. we have had about 4 days of relatively smoke free days and nights.
All my friends and myself are poised to fight the fire in the Jemez if this one flares up or spreads.

www.krqe.com...

It's to damn dry!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Inciweb

Power Outages in Nutrioso, Alpine, AZ., Luna and Reserve, N.M.
Power has been interrupted in the towns of Nutrioso, Alpine and The Blue, AZ. and Luna and Reserve, N.M.

Today is not a good day for putting out fires...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
56% containment on the Wallow Fire! Yay! Maybe I will be able to breathe freely soon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join