It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Died for 3 minutes last night (NEAR DEATH EXPERIANCE)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ok ops. lets first consider some things.

You are a "spiritualist" and believer to begin with...you also have made threads of friends with alien implants, and a general focus on trying to experience cool weird stuff.

Now, this means your mind is programmed to dream and percieve in certain ways.

You pass out from pain...you enter into some sort of pseudo-dream realm and interpret things your mind has programmed..aka, obe's, etc..

You simply cannot say that you were dead without confirmation..only because you were in extreme pain and passed out...not to say you definately were not, but I think your being a bit dishonest with yourself by demanding you were dead and not simply just passed out or perhaps experiencing a "obe". you close the road towards any other possibility out of desire more than reasonable facts.

a person dead for 3 minutes...again, what sort of death are we discussing here? you recieved no CPR, did your heart stop? were you braindead? what made you suddenly pop back into existance?

the more you consider it, the more likely it seems you were simply experiencing either a dream, or if you want to think of something cool...a obe. (I don't disbelieve in OBE's mind you...do not fully believe, but am open to the idea..and if they do exist, I would say your description fits)

Just accept it may have been a obe, then we can move on and not get caught up in symantics

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well I understand that everyone on ATS attempts to play judge and decipher fact from fiction. This is one thing about ats that is great. I was somewhat being sarcastic that she is a medic, although she was a Direct care worker and so have I before, so we had some training in CPR, heart and pulse check. I am going to say this becuase none of you were there. and I know how people try to explain things without sounding like a weirdo. So how do I explain a story if no one will see any truth in it. If you do doubt what I say, leave. Say something if you want, but this is my story.

Well, I was hoping I would get a better understanding on finical problems as well. I do not have money to pay a 10 to 25 thousand dollar bill over an issue that may or may not need medical attention. No one has money and that includes me, working at meijers does not pay for everything, besides my job lost. free clinic (where on a sunday night at 9 something at night?)

as a recount what I said earlier, white gums, dilated pupils

I can only imagine that I was not breathing. All I heard was those characteristics, currently she is working. It was not until I started breathing deeply my gums regained its pinkness.

I also do not remember it, duh I was unconscious. I stand firm that it was more so near death than oobe.

Who knows, so if we deliver and quick assumption on my beliefs system you still would not get to far. I never said anything about Jesus or a burger poopin pony

This thread probably will aim towards the idea that their are other realms/dimensions other than the one we live in. To accept or deny this will have an understanding on many peoples responses . By no mean am I trying to trump what you think with what I think. I am just discussing what happen to me.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks, for sharing, OP. Hope things get better for you soon.

I am wondering if you simply "passed out" rather than died?

Very recently, a friend of mine was playing toss with his son in a park. He's late 30's, in great shape and a former athlete. His son tosses a high one and, to avoid the ball hitting people behind him, my friend leaps off his right foot to catch it. When he comes down, he lands twisted, supinated and snaps several ligaments in his ankle. Between the heat (S. Florida), disfigured joint (instant swelling and all out of place) and the pain, he passed out for several minutes. Woke up later in an ambulance.

He's not shared anything about when he was out, but he's looking at things differently.

Weird. Are these "upgrades" that are occuring via a pseudo "shock treatment"?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very well of been a "pass out" and I appreciate your comments and PR tactics. lol

I am just wondering why I felt that I was not getting enough Oxygen why I had white gums and chills. I know something happened, I just do not know what

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well I understand that everyone on ATS attempts to play judge and decipher fact from fiction. This is one thing about ats that is great. I was somewhat being sarcastic that she is a medic, although she was a Direct care worker and so have I before, so we had some training in CPR, heart and pulse check. I am going to say this becuase none of you were there. and I know how people try to explain things without sounding like a weirdo. So how do I explain a story if no one will see any truth in it. If you do doubt what I say, leave. Say something if you want, but this is my story.

Well, I was hoping I would get a better understanding on finical problems as well. I do not have money to pay a 10 to 25 thousand dollar bill over an issue that may or may not need medical attention. No one has money and that includes me, working at meijers does not pay for everything, besides my job lost. free clinic (where on a sunday night at 9 something at night?)

You gave a description of an event, claiming to have died. The description you gave just doesn't make sense nor does this response. Now your gf isn't a medic. Ok.

I can only speak for myself, but I was trying to help you understand what happened to you, because based on what you said I do not think you died. You obviously are not interested in really knowing what though...so I will take your advice and leave this thread.

Good luck with all, including your work situation.

ETA: In response to your last question...it's called psychogenic shock: definition
edit on 6-6-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.nativeremedies.com... The more I read, the more I lean towards shock. Which can cause death as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes, probably shock, in association with a dissociative episode secondary to physical trauma, or occurring during the shock. Likely.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I want to apologize...I wrote my last post quickly on my way out. Now, after reading it again it came across as very rude. I did not mean it that way!

What I should have said, is that regardless of what I or others think, what matters is what you experienced and most importantly, what you do with it. Turn it into a positive and get things back on track. You have that ability whithin yourself!

Take care-

(Ladyinwaiting...spot on
)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

regardless of what I or others think, what matters is what you experienced and most importantly, what you do with it.

Excellent point. While it is important to query objective perspective, such experiences are very subjective. So what is most important is what YOU decide this experience means for you.

In the meantime, I think you came to the right place for starters.

p.s. I don't get the P.R. tactics comment but my wishes for your greater good are genuine (in case there was some question to that).

Namaste

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
when you die you vacate you bowels. so if you was dead did you gf get grossed out by the #e in your undergarmets? Cus if there was none you didn't die, sorry.. Nice imagination though..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When my 19 year old had his nde, he was 17. When he collapsed he was instaneously standing outside his body. He could see color and hear a pin drop from miles away. He had instaneous knowledge that his heart had stopped, and that he had to make a choice, and knew instinctively that going Home would be the happiest choice, but loved everyone enough to stay. He was assisted to his body, to a vortex in the floor and in a flash woke up, completely restored, healed 100%. He had a heart defect and a very bad flu, and was perfectly well when he woke up. He also rarely gets sick now, whereas he was constantly in a state of sickness.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hi Matey,

I was just wondering, you said that your GF was a medic, how come she didnt attempt to give you the kiss of life after you stopped breathing?

Also, im not aware of how healthcare works in the US and so i accept i could be completely wrong on this but stopping breathing is pretty darn serious (its been know to kill some people) so how come she never called emergency services straight away. Is healthcare really that bad in the US that you cant even get help if your dying?

Anyway, welcome back my friend and be sure to stay away from bright, biblical style lights for the not to distant future.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Healthcare is bad, I do not want to pay 10,000+ to be back alive and honestly I do believe that death is in some ways better than life. I have lived a good life
Just one of my many beliefs, so I had no control over it.

I am honestly still living with my parents at the age of 26 and have no means out. I have very little debt, about a 1,000 with no job currently as well. I live in the greatest economic areas, Michigan. That was sarcasm.

To reiterate, My GF is not a medic, I was joking, almost sexual joke but in turns she is a Direct care worker and has many trained hours within the army to take care of me. She did beat on my heart and has mentioned that she knew people who die due to shock.

I also spoke with her this afternoon,I had no pulse for 3 minutes. Take it as face value Just thought it was very intresting.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by westcoast

regardless of what I or others think, what matters is what you experienced and most importantly, what you do with it.

Excellent point. While it is important to query objective perspective, such experiences are very subjective. So what is most important is what YOU decide this experience means for you.

In the meantime, I think you came to the right place for starters.

p.s. I don't get the P.R. tactics comment but my wishes for your greater good are genuine (in case there was some question to that).
Namaste

Personal relations,. You have a positive way with words. I always feel like I have to defend with what I say, even though I am not that excellent explaining things in real time. I do better with essays. So I become concerned if people think I am making stories up. Regardless it is ats!
and I am by no means here for stars and flags

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have had an NDE from drowning. I was breathing water and was under for at least a couple of minutes. It was a beautiful, peaceful experience, and I have spent all the time since then trying to undeerstand, both biologically and spiritually, what exactly happened.

In my opinion what you experienced wasn't death. I think you went into shock. Your body would have produced large amounts of cortisol, and then adrenalin. If there is sufficient adrenalin to overcome the barrier cells surrounding the pineal gland, you would have received a burst of '___' (dimethyltryptamine) which is the chemical gateway between life and death, the most powerful hallucinogen known to man. The effects of '___' are varied, but usually result in a complete lack of fear, time-dilation, OBEs and sometimes (in around 30% of subjects adminstered '___' exogenously) in contact with external intelligences. Many alien abduction experiences are the result of endogenous (from one's own body) '___' release.

Now, spiritually, the closest I came to finding an account of what I experienced was from a book called "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by S*? Rinpoche (can't recall first name, but think it's 'Sagyal'). He described the Bardo dimensions that lie between death and rebirth, or death and the escape from Samsara. I suggest you begin your search for answers there.

Good luck in your quest. I know you will want to learn more.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Im going to be 100% honest and say i dont believe you died.
You passed out...ive banged my knee and passed out, in the past. I was trying to start a petrol cement mixer, it had one of those handles you have to pull. I pulled it, the torque almost broke my wrist and spun the handle into just under my knee.

I didnt die....i did go white, feel VERY warm, have a throbbing sensation in my head...blurred vision...the usual when your injured like that.

I believe you passed out...your girlfriend is either lying or she does not know how to take a pulse...or your lying to back up your claims of death.

You cannot die from banging your knee...no one ever has as far as i know?
You mention shock, this was not adequate to kill you either given the circumstances. I knew when i banged my knee i wasnt going to die...but it bloody hurt and made me feel ill. That self reassurance alone is sufficient to minimize shock from such a minor injury.

I would say you collapsed, and used your meditative powers to create what you saw...or just made it up.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
I have had an NDE from drowning. I was breathing water and was under for at least a couple of minutes. It was a beautiful, peaceful experience, and I have spent all the time since then trying to undeerstand, both biologically and spiritually, what exactly happened.

In my opinion what you experienced wasn't death. I think you went into shock. Your body would have produced large amounts of cortisol, and then adrenalin. If there is sufficient adrenalin to overcome the barrier cells surrounding the pineal gland, you would have received a burst of '___' (dimethyltryptamine) which is the chemical gateway between life and death, the most powerful hallucinogen known to man. The effects of '___' are varied, but usually result in a complete lack of fear, time-dilation, OBEs and sometimes (in around 30% of subjects adminstered '___' exogenously) in contact with external intelligences. Many alien abduction experiences are the result of endogenous (from one's own body) '___' release.

Now, spiritually, the closest I came to finding an account of what I experienced was from a book called "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by S*? Rinpoche (can't recall first name, but think it's 'Sagyal'). He described the Bardo dimensions that lie between death and rebirth, or death and the escape from Samsara. I suggest you begin your search for answers there.

Good luck in your quest. I know you will want to learn more.

There is a good answer right here. It is a combination of both scientific and spiritual. So, in all retrospect I may or many have not hallucinated it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
There is a good answer right here. It is a combination of both scientific and spiritual. So, in all retrospect I may or many have not hallucinated it.

There's the rub. Even Dr. Strassman, who carried out the first research into '___' since the 60s, could not say whether '___' was causing hallucinations, or merely giving access to a deeper reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Fascinating response. I have a copy of "The Tibetan Book of the Dead". I found it troublesome, and it caused me worry for several years. Of course, it was also very esoteric, and I found much of it confusing.

See my signature.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I think your experience is the reason the book I read was written. It is not the book of the dead itself, but more like a commentary on it from a true Tibetan teacher. He does an excellent job of making the ideas accessible. Here's the book, it's by Sogyal Rinpoche (Doh! So close!)

www.amazon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join