It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Booms in Phoenix Area Suburb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In September, 2010, dozens of residents of Chandler, Arizona (east metropolitan Phoenix) reported hearing very loud “boom” noises. The sounds were only heard for a period of about 6 hours on a Sunday night. To my knowledge, the source of the booms were never determined and the story faded away.

Now, apparently, they are back. More booms were heard last night (6/5/11) in the same area. While there is some agriculture in the area, Chandler is more of an industrial city. Witnesses have speculated the sounds are anything from car backfires to methane gas explosions from nearby cow pastures.

Strangely enough, no damage was reported so I would rule out any type of purely malicious behavior (like planted bombs).

Witness quotes from previous boom event:

"Felt like blasting in a mining town."

"My husband and I were in different areas of our house and heard the first boom. We were afraid something had hit our house and ran outside to find out what was going on but could not find or see anything. My husband then heard 2 more loud booms throughout the evening."

"First boom was loud and I felt the ground move. Second boom was not as loud and I felt no movement. Biggest boom was right before 9 p.m. and it rattled the walls in my house and sounded like a huge explosion. Definitely something going on!"

"Sounded like a cannon from the southeast"

"I met several neighbors outside after the boom trying to figure out what it was. It sounded like something hit the roof. The other neighbors seemed to have experienced the same thing."

"We heard and felt three hard jolts Sunday evening between 6 and 9 o'clock. We thought at first that it was our air conditioner. Two neighbors to our east and two neighbors to our west also heard and felt the jolts."

"One loud boom probably at 6:30..shook the house and my dogs freaked!! Thought an explosion, sonic boom or something hitting a house. Very surprised to see nothing on the news. It was BIG."

Source:
BOOM! What Happened In Chandler Sunday?
Booms Are Back! Chandler Hears Explosions
Google Map of Chandler, AZ

Do any of you fellow ATSers have any theories?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

sounds like the same thing that happened in Philadelphia...really weird

www.abovetopsecret.com...I think we need to keep track of these events
edit on 6-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

sounds like the same thing that happened in Philadelphia...really weird

www.abovetopsecret.com...I think we need to keep track of these events
edit on 6-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link. While that story is similar, I got the impression that only one boom was heard (or possibly more but within a very short time span). The event in Chandler occurred over a period of several hours.

An earthquake theory was mentioned in that post. I'll have to research any that may have occurred here last night.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That next day similar stuff happened in San Diego area. Apparently those were from F-16s that I saw the day after.

top topics

join